A Maths Problem

The Next Door

Kyungsoo knocked on Luhan’s bedroom door before entering, finding his brother looking through something. “Hyung?” Luhan looked up and smiled at him.

 

“Yah, you know you don’t have to knock right?”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t want to risk you thinking that I was mum or dad and you yelling at me mistakenly for not knocking on the door. What are you doing?”

 

“Oh, nothing much.”

 

“I didn’t know looking through photographs was ‘nothing much.” Kyungsoo chuckled as he lay on Luhan’s bed. He turned his head and glanced at what his brother was staring at since he entered the room.

 

“Hey… It’s her, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo gasped.

 

“Yeah. I don’t have feelings for her anymore, but somehow I’m being reminded of her every single day.”

 

Disregarding his hyung’s last comment, Kyungsoo piped up with another question.

 

“Have you made up with Baekhee?”

 

Luhan looked up from the photographs displayed on his table. “Not yet. And not anytime soon. She doesn’t even realize the feelings I have for her when I’ve already made it obvious.”

 

“If you guys are not going to do anything, how are you gonna let her know about what you feel for her, hyung?”

 


Baekhee groaned and slammed her pencil down on the table. Why is this question so hard? She reached out to grab her phone and call Luhan for help, when she got reminded of what had happened yesterday. She sighed, and decided that it was better to ask Kyungsoo for help instead.

 

“Kyungsoo oppa!”

 

“Woah, you sound especially cheerful today! So, what’s up?”

 

“Well, you know the worksheet that Ms Kim gave us? I have some problems with the last question. Do you mind coming over to help me?”

 

“Sure, I’ll be there in 5 minutes time. See you soon!”

 

Kyungsoo hung up after Baekhee’s invitation. Sorry for not going to help you Baekhee. But it’s for Luhan and you. I can’t bear to see the both of you ignoring each other longer.

 

“Hyung, Baekhee called me to invite you over to her house. She needs help. From you.”

 

Luhan gaped at his brother and shook his head. “Gosh… she could have just came over.”

 

“With you still being a head towards her? I don’t really think so, hyung. Now go and get your dream girl! Make sure you fill me in of everything that happens, okay?”

 

Luhan smiled softly. He knew that his younger brother was fond of Baekhee, but Kyungsoo was going to give in this time. “I’ll get her, Kyungsoo. Don’t you worry.”

 


Luhan rang the doorbell, and was greeted by Mrs Hwang.

 

“Oh, Luhan! Do come in! What brings you here?”

 

“Baekhee needed help with her homework. Is she in her bedroom?”

 

“Ah, yes. One of the maids will bring you there. Hanmi! Luhan to Baekhee’s bedroom.”

 

Luhan knocked on her bedroom and waited for Baekhee to open it.

 

“Kyungsoo op-” Baekhee opened the door and stopped. The person she was least expecting. She looked over his shoulder to find Kyungsoo, but he wasn’t there.

 

“Where’s Kyungsoo?”

 

“He told me to come instead. Can I come in?”

 

“A-ah… sure.” Baekhee pressed herself against the door, allowing Luhan to enter. Due to the space constrain, Luhan’s arm brushed against her shoulder, making her blush.

 

“Hm… Nice room you have here. And this bed is quite springy!”

 

Baekhee closed the door behind her and groaned. “Luhan. Off. The. Bed. Now.”

 

Luhan stopped bouncing on the bed and laughed. “It’s so nice to see you angry at me again.” The colour drained out from Baekhee’s face when she was reminded of yesterday.

 

“Hey, did I say something wrong?” Luhan said softly and approached Baekhee. She took steps back, trying to avoid Luhan’s touch. When she gently hit against the wall, she knew there was no way out.

 

“W-why are you acting like n-noth-thing happened? We just f-fought yesterday, you k-know?”

 

“Yeah, I know. But is it a sin to act normal?”

 

“No, b-but about yesterday… while I was talking you were looking at me, but I could tell your mind was somewhere else. What were you thinking about?”

 

“Oh! So you have been thinking about that all along. Well, it was nothing. I wasn’t really paying attention to your words. And just in case you were wondering. When I got up to leave, I didn’t really leave. I stayed back near the stairs, close enough to hear what you were mumbling, but out of your view, of course.”

 

Baekhee’s eyes shot wide open. So he had heard what I had said about him? Luhan placed both hands on the wall behind Baekhee, trapping her entirely.

 

“So, do you mind saying what you had said yesterday? Again?” Luhan said and smirked.

 

Oh .

 


Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Hehe I’m back. ^^ I’m super sorry for the freaking late update. The next chapter is already done, and I’ll upload that tomorrow. :) Get ready for a long author’s note from me tomorrow. XD Annyeong!

 

-Hajir