Chalk

Chalk

Here it is... Please enjoy!

================================================================================================================

 

“Ms. Choi, don’t you think you’re being a little too harsh? I don’t think she’s capable of doing that. She’s a sweet innocent girl.” Ah! Those precious words from that handsome piece of man meat! Aigoo! It’s been 4 years since I’ve been crushing on him.

 

Who is he you ask?

 

He’s the only most romantic and poetic man I could ever have known that was created by God. God, how many times have I even thanked you for giving him to us? Here he is again, my knight in shining armor just protecting me from the evil witch! Ah! How many times must I fall in love with you over and over again?

 

“Her?” that woman! Argh! Her name is Ms. Choi Hee Sun. She’s everyone’s worst nightmare. The only teacher in this school whom everyone wonders why she even took this kind of profession if she has this big hate towards students! She even had the courage to scoff at me?

 

I bit my lower lip as I was sending her glares. She suddenly turned to me and my eyes grew wide as I spotted her looking at me. Her eyes widened as well, she caught me glaring at her and she suddenly turned to face our principal.

 

“Did you see her?! Did you see her face?! She glared at me! Yah! Show some respect to someone older than you! Do you understand?!” she yelled at me as she started whacking me with her green folder. I was counting the times she kept whacking my head…

 

 

1

 

 

2

 

 

3

 

 

4

 

 

5

 

 

………………….

 

 

6?

 

 

What happened to the 6th one? I opened one eye and took a peak and saw someone holding onto Ms. Choi’s hand. As I turned to see who it was, it was him. My knight in shining armor. I gave a soft shy smile as I tried my best to hide it. I suddenly heard that devil scoff at me.

 

“What are you smiling at?” she said lowly but I was able to hear it. She pried her wrist away from him and glanced at everyone in the room, basically just me, him and the principal. She crossed her arms and sighed.

 

“Not like I can get anyone to side with me. I’ll forget what she did today, but if she repeats that, none of you have the right to stop me from punishing this brat!” Ms. Choi said and walked outside with the little speck she calls confidence and slammed the door shut. I then turned to our principal, Principal Kim and he sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

 

“Ms. Im, please refrain from causing trouble okay? It was most disrespectful of you to even speak to her like that…” Principal Kim told me. But we were debating!

 

“Principal Kim! How can you say that? We were debating! I had to talk to her like that!” I tried to defend myself.

 

“Even though, show some respect. Now, I can’t let you go free and just think of this as some other incident. I’ll have to think of a punishment for you.” Principal Kim said looking the other way and thinking of a punishment. I suddenly head someone clear his throat. It was my knight in shining armor.

 

“Principal Kim, I have thought of a punishment for her. I know I’m not her homeroom teacher but to not give any more stress to Ms. Choi and since I am one of her teachers I’ve thought of making her stay for two hours here at school and do some extra work on her English Literature.” He said. As much as I love you, I hate your subject! My English is so bad! I don’t even know what cat is in English!

 

I scrunched my face as I looked away at the thought of doing extra English Literature work for two whole hours. But then it hit me. I looked back at him and realized I’ll be spending two hours with him and not that evil witch! Has God been listening to my wishes?! Two whole hours with this precious piece of milky skin goodness! I couldn’t ask for more!

 

Well I could but then… I know my limits…

 

 

 

 

Actually I don’t…

 

“Fine. I leave her in your hands Mr. Park.” Principal Kim said. Aigoo! Even the sound of his last name was so angelic. My English Literature teacher bowed to Principal Kim and I did the same and followed him as he walked outside. The hallways were already quiet. All of the students have left since an hour ago. I had to hold back because of the incident. We arrived at his class and he opened the sliding door as we both entered. I placed my bag on the seat next to the one I was supposed to sit on by the front facing his desk.

 

“I want you to write a poem. You have two hours to make one. If you finish before two hours is over, I’ll think about letting you go. This has to be a very good poem. Think of anything that would make you happy. Except for burgers.” Mr. Park said. I could hear him laugh as he mentioned Except for burgers and his gorgeous smile leaped onto his face. I just felt rainbows and rabbits come and slap me on the face and giggle at their deed.

 

Okay, I have this obsession over burgers and my last poem, or rather, my last few poems were about  burgers and how delicious they were. I wrote stories about it too to pass his class. I couldn’t think of much. I’m not good at this stuff. So I pretty much just think and think of things that would help me create anything to pass and have a grade.

 

He cleared his throat and began to grade the worksheets we did earlier. I pulled our my large notebook and my pencil. I plopped my elbow over the table and placed my hand underneath my chin as I tried to think of something to make a poem about. I suddenly turned to face him and saw him going over all the worksheets. A smile crept upon my face and I lost track of time. Before I knew it, an hour has passed. He then looked up at me and after 2 seconds I realized he saw me gazing at him. I was gasped and looked back down on my notebook, practically burying my face in it pretending I was writing something and getting serious.

 

 

Oh God!

 

I heard him chuckle and I knew he saw me looking at him! Staying low for 4 years didn’t pay off. This ! I felt my heart throbbing real fast. I suddenly heard footsteps and I let out a low gasp. I suddenly saw clean shiny leather black shoes facing my old rubber shoes. I lifted my head slowly as I gazed to see who it was and of course, even I’m smart enough to know it was him. He smiled at me but it faded when he saw my notebook blank.

 

“Oh? You haven’t started yet? Why? You have one hour left.” Mr. Park told me and I felt like dying. I wanted to cry so bad. I was failing him! I’ve never failed his subject or failed to miss school or his subject! I’ve never failed on anything! Well… Except for one time… Stupid chalk!

 

-

 

“Ah, you guys seem to be out of chalk. Can one of you go to the staff room and pick up some chalk for us?” Mr. Park said as he turned to face us all. I could see all the hands raised. I decided to just give up. I knew he wouldn’t pick me anyway. I sighed and pouted as I tried to sink in my seat. His eyes were searching for someone to pick to get the chalk and all of a sudden he turns to me and smiles and points to me.

 

“Ms. Soo Hyang, would you like to be the one to get them for me?” Mr. Park said and I felt heaven and earth move. I smiled and nodded my head vigorously. Everyone got their hands down and started murmuring in annoyance. I got up quickly, super excited and ran outside of class. I couldn’t stop grinning! I squealed a bit while going down the stairs real quick and heading towards the staff room. I knocked and opened the door, only Mr. Yang was there, his shoes off and his stinky and dirty socks appeared.

 

His leg were above the table and he was watching a football game and was oblivious to me being there. I looked around to see if there was another teacher I could ask from but apparently all the teachers had classes and only Mr. Yang was there. I sighed and spoke up.

 

“Mr. Yang…” I said softly and he suddenly muted the TV. He turned to me and saw me. He cleared his throat and fixed himself.

 

“How long have you been standing there?” Mr. Yang asked me with a serious face. Long enough to hear you yell and say one of the cheerleaders look hot.

 

“Not long, Mr. Park sent me here to ask for chalk…” I said softly and he cleared his throat once again.

 

“Tell Mr. Park we’re all out. Delivery for chalk won’t be made until after classes.” Mr. Yang said and dismissed me. I closed the door and before closing it shut I heard him yell in success again over the game.

 

Omo! What am I going to do?! There’s no chalk and Mr. Park needs it so bad! I know, overreacting but then we really do need chalk! I panicked a bit and began to think of other places that had chalk. I walked through all classrooms asking for chalk and they told me they only had one piece. Some didn’t even have and decided to make use of their books instead to refer to copying notes. Some relied on the teacher’s voice alone. I think I’ve been running around the school for 30 minutes now. English Literature was only a two hour subject. I had one hour and 30 minutes left to find chalk.

 

I then got downstairs towards the front entrance of the school. Through the glass doors I saw the gate far away and the guard walking towards the back building. The field was clear. I thought of an idea. There was a school supply shop nearby! They’re bound to have chalk! I went outside and looked around the wide front field and saw that nobody was there. A smirk appeared on my face as I started to walk and run towards the gate. As soon as I reached the gate…

 

“Excuse me Miss!” I heard someone speak. I turned and saw the guard right behind me.

 

“Students are not allowed to leave during school hours. Please go back to your class unless you have a yellow pass.” The guard said. That stupid yellow pass rule! We can’t leave school during school hours unless we have a yellow pass, allowing us to leave or a pink pass telling us we’re sick and being sent home by the nurse.

 

“But, ahjusshi! I really need to go out! I won’t take long! I’m only going to the school supply store nearby and run back here! If you want! You can come with me to make sure I really do get back! I’ll even leave my school I.D. if you want!” I said as I began to search or my school idea.

 

“Tsk. Don’t be hard headed. I can’t let you go without a yellow or pink pass. Now go back to your classroom before I call Principal Kim.” The guard told me and I gave up. I got back inside and then a new idea sparked. There was a hole in the school that nobody but students alone knew. I rushed towards the school’s basement area near the janitor’s room and went towards the old chairs and tables supply room.

 

I pushed a couple of the tables away and went through the hole. But before heading towards the end I made sure to pull back some of the tables to cover the hole that was hidden here. I crawled my way and there was a heavy trashbin blocking my way. I tried with all my might to push the trashbin away and after a while I was successful. I got out quickly and pushed the trashbin back. I turned to look at the side and saw the gate and smirked. I then made my way towards the school supply store.

 

 

“Chalk!” I yelled in glee as I spotted a whole box of chalk. I took one box. It was cheap. Only 5 won a box. I walked towards the old lady sitting by the small stool with a box used as her cashier there. This ahjumma has been selling school supplies ever since I was in elementary and I could always rely on her having everything I need and at a cheap price too!

 

“Soo Hyang! You look so pretty today! School let you out early or are you just really late?” ahjumma asked me and I gave her a soft smile and shook my head.

 

“Ani (No) I just came here to buy chalk because we’re all out and my English Literature teacher really needs it.” I said and gave her the chalk. She then opened the little box and I started to go through my pockets and I found them flat and empty. My eyes grew in shock and I panicked as I continued to search my pockets.

 

“Omo… My wallet!” I panicked as I continued to search. I bit my lower lip as I realized I left my wallet inside my bag. Aish! Stupid stupid me! Stupid!

 

“It’s okay…” I heard the ahjumma say. I looked at her with a confused look and she smiled.

 

“This will be for free! Because you helped me out last week in moving in the new notebooks I ordered.” Ahjumma said with a smile. She grabbed my hand and placed the tiny box of chalk on it and smiled at me. I smiled back and bowed and thanked her for over a million times. I ran back in success. I stopped midway as I realized I was heading towards the gate. I ran quietly towards the side. There was someone picking the trash bags out of the trashbin. I have no choice but to climb the tall wall.

 

I tried to find a spot that was easy to climb. I placed the chalk box safely inside my pocket and jumped to grab onto the edge of the wall. I placed my feet up towards the wall and practically hugged the wall as I lifted myself up. I felt myself sweat beads as I got up and went across the wall. I forgot about how tall the wall was and fell as I made my way through the other side. I made a tiny squeal and fell onto the fresh flowers that were there. I crawled up and saw that the guard was busy reading the newspaper to even cared. I smirked and made my way towards the entrance.

 

Finally! Chalk! I looked at the clock and realized I’ve been gone for an hour and a half!! There was only a few more minutes left for class! I quickly ran towards the 4th floor and ran towards my classroom. I panted then opened the door and to my surprise Mr. Park was already writing on the board.

 

 

 

With chalk…

 

 

 

“Oh! Ms. Im, we’ve been waiting for you! Where have you been? You’ve practically missed the entire period. I forgot to mention I had chalk with me. Sorry for the trouble, but where have you been this whole time?” Mr. Park asked me and I felt my world sinking. He had chalk with him?! I went through all that trouble. My hands were inside my school jacket’s pocket and I clutched onto the box.

 

“Ah! I was trying to find some chalk inside the staff room and Mr. Yang told me that there was probably some at the storage closet there so I had to go through a lot of things just to find some chalk but I didn’t see any so he sent me back here.” I said softly. He smiled and told me to get back towards my seat. I closed the door and headed towards my seat and sank there. I pulled out the chalk box and stared at it. the trouble I went through just to get him chalk. I felt my heart tear into pieces. This !

 

-

 

Remembering that time really broke my heart! I don’t want to fail Mr. Park this time! Even if this poem doesn’t rhyme, I will finish this just for him…

 

But I at poems…

 

I just continued to scribble onto my notebook. Since I couldn’t think of any words to rhyme that much I just decided to write whatever I felt like writing. I felt Mr. Park’s smile at me. He was probably smiling because I was finally writing something. I felt my heart skipping beats and I continued to write as fast as I could. And then I finished and placed my pencil down.

 

“Done already? It’s only been 20 minutes! You must really be good at writing poems!” Mr. Park said with a smile and I smiled back. He let me off so I packed my stuff real quick and rushed out. I turned and bowed to him first before rushing out.

 

Sorry Mr. Park Yoochun… I’m just not good at poems…

 

 

-

 

 

Dear Mr. Park Yoochun♥

 

I’m not good at writing poems so I’ll give you a little letter instead.

Your smiles bring me tons of joy. I’m not brave enough to tell you this face to face, but I knew you would know that I like you so much!

 

Please don’t fail me! I didn’t mean to not write you a poem! I was distracted by the beauty of your face. How can God create such a wonderful creature as yourself?! My heart is just in pain looking at you! Knowing I can never be with you! Yoochun sshi, please don’t ever forget me as your student when you leave this school, and when I graduate.

 

I failed you once at giving you chalk on time, I’m sorry! Have you checked the bottom drawer of your desk inside the staff room that you never open? I have a surprise for you Park Yoochun sshi, please open it and let that be the memory of the first time I’ve failed you.

 

But I promise you this, I’ll stop loving you and thinking of you in such ways starting today. Park Yoochun sshi, you mean the world to me but I will give you up for the sake of everyone around me. Oppa… Can I call you that? Please go find yourself a wonderful woman who will never fail you and can give herself to you whole!

 

I’m glad to be your student!

 

Im Soo Hyang♥Your silly burger loving student! ^o^

 

 

A smile crept upon Yoochun’s face as he read the letter. He folded the paper back and placed it in his pocket. He spent more hours checking papers and going through the tests papers from last week. After a few hours he finally went back down towards the staff room. He saw the teachers bidding goodbye to each other as they were getting ready to leave.

 

“Ah! Yoochun sshi! Would you like to join us? We’re going out to drink some Soju!” one of the teachers asked him. He smiled and shook his head.

 

“I still have so much work to do! Maybe next time.” Yoochun said and the teachers then smiled.

 

“Aigoo! No wonder all your students look up to you! You’re so hardworking!” one of the female teachers said and bid him goodbye. Yoochun went towards his desk at the staff room. He took the letter from Soo Hyang from his pocket and read it again.

 

you checked the bottom drawer of your desk inside the staff room that you never open?

 

He placed the letter on his desk and opened the bottom of his drawer slowly. There was a purple box with a  glittery pink ribbon. He opened the top and went through the ruffly paper. He saw a dusty old box of chalk. He picked it up and saw a message at the back.

 

Park Yoochun’s Property! ^o^

 

He smiled upon seeing this and he saw something under, he grabbed it and it was covered in a clean white cloth. He opened it up and it was tiny homemade cookies. Despite not knowing how long it’s been there, he took a bite and smiled at the taste, and just remembered how much of his personality was just like Soo Hyang’s…

 

-

 

“Park Yoochun! Would you please go and get us some chalk in the teacher’s lounge?” Yoochun’s teacher Ms. Hwang ordered him. Yoochun has had a crush on her for years now. And as a student, he’s never failed her at anything. He smiled and got up and rushed out. He went to the staff room and was greeted by the small bulletin board by the door that read…

 

Out of the Following Supplies:

-Markers

-White Envelopes

-Chalk

 

Yoochun’s eyes was surprised to see they were out of chalk. He scratched the back of his head and started to think of where he could get chalk. He thought of the school supply that was a couple of blocks from there. But he knew he wasn’t allowed to leave school during school hours. So he used the secret passage by the school’s basement by the janitor’s storage room. There was a huge hole for students to go in and out of school by the old tables and chairs storage area.

 

He used that path and rushed out towards the school supply store. He got there and started to search for clean white chalk. He passed by the chalks and noticed there were no white chalks. He knew that Ms. Hwang never uses colored chalks for a reason and if he bought her colored chalks she’d decline using that and he would have failed such a simple task. Yoochun then went towards the counter.

 

“Excuse me ahjusshi, do you have any white chalk? All your chalks are colored.” Yoochun said.

 

“Sorry kid, no white chalks! No delivery until 5 pm today.” The ahjusshi said and Yoochun sighed. He walked out of the school supply store and got a bit irritated. It was such a hot day and he didn’t know where else to get chalk. Until he remembered his brother…

 

“Yoochun? Yah! What are you doing here at this hour?! And disturbing me in my class?” Yoohwan said. Yoohwan is Yoochun’s older brother, a professor at a college nearby his school. Yoochun ran all the way there, and as soon as he got to the door of his brother’s class he panted and asked for him to be excused.

 

“I need chalk…” Yoochun said and Yoohwan stared at him. As if he was crazy.

 

“Ch-Ch-Chalk?! Yah! Are you insane?! You ran all the way here during school hours just go get some chalk!? There’s a school supply nearby your school right? Why didn’t you get chalk there instead?!” Yoohwan said scolding his brother.

 

“Because they had colored chalk! I need white chalk! Now stop scolding me and give me some Yoohwan!” Yoochun said and Yoohwan scratched the back of his head. He went back inside and grabbed two pieces of long white chalk and gave it to Yoochun.

 

“Have the decency to call me hyung by the way! And stop skipping class just for stupid chalk! Why white chalk anyway? What’s so important about that?” Yoohwan said.

 

“None of your business!” Yoochun yelled as he was by the stairs and running down. He ran as fast as he could towards the class and climbed the wall. He got up and a smile was plastered on his face. He opened the door and his smile faded as he saw Ms. Hwang using orange colored chalk. Yoochun gripped tightly onto the chalk in his hand and it broke into pieces.

 

“Oh, where have you been? I didn’t want to waste time so I decided to use the colored chalk that was on the floor here earlier. You don’t have any more chalk anyway so the next teacher can use that.” Ms. Hwang said.

 

“Take your seat and copy the notes on the board now.” Ms. Hwang said and continued to write. Yoochun had a sad look on his face. He walked pass the chalkboard and placed the chalk by the chalk ledge on the chalkboard and headed for his seat. He opened his notebook but didn’t write anything. He didn’t feel like it.

 

After classes were over he still wasn’t over his little chalk thing. And today was even Valentine’s day. He wanted to give his teacher something and he thought maybe the chalk would help. Yoochun went back to his classroom and noticed Ms. Hwang’s things were still on the desk but she wasn’t anywhere in sight. He clutched onto the rose he had in his hand and grabbed a piece of chalk and started to write on the board.

 

Ms. Hwang was wiping her hands with a tissue as she made her way back to the classroom after using the ladies’ restroom downstairs since the one on the second floor had plumbing issues. She was surprised to see what was written on the board.

 

선생님황사랑해! 내여자친구가되어줄래?

(Teacher Hwang I Love You! Will You Be My Girlfriend?)

 

She saw one of her students, Park Yoochun, standing in front of his desk holding a rose. Some of the students saw what was happening and looked through the windows and the open doors. Ms. Hwang was confused and walked near Yoochun. He suddenly got on one knee and looked at Ms. Hwang with dear eyes.

 

“Will you please be my girlfriend Ms. Hwang?” Yoochun asked. And silence was heard.

 

“No. I’m engaged Yoochun.”

 

-

 

Yoochun sighed at the memory and continuing eating the cookies made for him…

 

 

-

 

I opened my eyes the next morning. Worrying that Mr. Park would want to talk to me about the letter or worse, even tell this to my parents. I got up and washed up. I changed into my uniform and skipped breakfast as usual. I walked to school and I felt eyes on me.

 

What was going on?

 

I headed towards my class and saw something on my table. It was a plastic. I dropped my bag next to my chair and opened it up. The smell of something delicious aroused the room. Some students came near me to take a peak.

 

It was freshly made pancakes and the aroma was just so delicious. I picked up paper that was next to eat and my eyes grew in surprise as I read it…

 

Im Soo Hyang,

 

Don’t let your hopes down. A love for a student and a teacher may seem wrong to others, but it’s love and that’s the only thing that matters towards the two people feeling that. Don’t take things seriously like I did in high school. You have more ahead of you and there are a million more men better than I am.

 

Park Yoochun♥

 

“Please go back to your seats so we can start class.” A familiar voice spoke and everyone turned back to their seats. And my eyes met up with Mr. Park.

==============================================================================================================

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOOCHUN 8D

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOOCHUN!

GET OLD! LOL

 

Kidding happy birthday! This is my gift to you~ (although you might not read it lol) but at least your fans will! ^o^

 

Please comment, and subscribe even if its a one-shot xD i might turn this into a chaptered story... I don't know yet lol i don't think so though XD