All I Need is Comfort

Enchantment

Sehun had always had a soft spot for Kyungsoo. Even in their trainee days, Kyungsoo carefully took care of the other, and when they debuted, the older only became fussier. Do you have water in your bag? Have you eaten yet? You should rest soon… But their relationship quickly grew to become Sehun teasing his hyung, whether it was his grabby hands or bossing his hyung around. He enjoyed the fact that he made the annoyingly patient Kyungsoo lose his temper on more than one occasion. Kyungsoo never really got angry, though, just annoyed enough that he’d send a pitifully scary glare his way before returning to kind heart-shaped smiles.

 

Sehun enjoyed the fact that he was taller- and usually used that to his advantage- and he usually saw Kyungsoo as delicate. He truly cherished his bandmate in a different than the others. True, he was protective of all of s- yes they were all his, and he would never let anyone hurt them- but he felt a strange sense of guardianship over Kyungsoo. Though their friendship was usually filled with teasing glares and laughs, Sehun would most definitely not hesitate to bare his fangs against someone hurting his hyung. He wouldn’t tolerate it.

 

*~*

 

Kyungsoo cared for all of s equally, but he always looked out for the ones younger than him- it was his duty as the hyung, after all. Kyungsoo enjoyed his relationship with Sehun, it was fun, and the younger never failed to make him laugh.

 

The maknae of exo was demanding, obnoxious, whiny, and annoying (and any of the members would not hesitate to agree) but he was caring and protective. Kyungsoo often found himself admiring the other’s nearly perfect face when the other woke him up in the middle of the night seeking comfort.

 

Kyungsoo knew he was one of the only ones of the group that Sehun went to for comfort, though he was close to nearly everyone from the band, and he found an insane amount of pride in that fact. When they had been trainees and he had actually been taller than the youngest, he had vowed to always protect Sehun- though in the beginning he had expected that to mean fighting off any bullies, but that was painfully proven to be a false fantasy and Kyungsoo had to accept whatever form of protection he could give, even if that just meant waking up at ungodly hours to make food.

 

*~*

 

Sehun sat up angrily and looked at the red numbers on the clock beside his bed. He sighed, it was two in the morning and he hadn’t gotten as much as a wink of sleep. He glanced over at the other inhabitant of the room, conflicted on whether he should wake Joonmyeon up, but quickly decided against it when he heard the light snore of the leader. He had been working exceptionally hard recently, working hard for their upcoming comeback. Staring off into the darkness of the room proved to be boring and Sehun begrudgingly pushed off the blankets, getting to his feet and quietly slipping out of the room.

 

Settling onto the couch, he laid his head down onto the pillows and looked around the room- even though he knew the details by heart. He sighed and stood up again, walking over to the room adjacent to the living area. He opened the door as quietly as he could and made his way to the bed on the right.

 

“Sehun.” Though the voice was thick with sleep, Sehun could instantly detect the distaste in the words. “What are you doing? Don’t wake him up, he needs to sleep too.”

 

“I know Jongin. I just….” He trailed off and bit his lip, his hand reaching out to gently shake the sleeping form on the bed.

 

“Hmmp?” He couldn’t see through the thick darkness of the room, but Sehun could feel the bed shift as the other sat up, and suddenly a light was switched on and the room was flooded with light. He heard Jongin groan and stick his head under the pillow. Kyungsoo’s eyes were hooded and he blinked rapidly. “Sehun-ah, what’s wrong?”

 

“I can’t sleep.”

 

“Thanks for making it so none of us can either.”

 

Kyungsoo pulled a face. “Hush Jongin, come on, let’s go to the kitchen, hyung will make you food, okay?” Sehun nodded and watched as Kyungsoo stifled a yawn and switched off the light, leading them blindly out of the room. Once safely out of Jongin’s wrath and in the kitchen, Kyungsoo the light and turned to Sehun. “What’s wrong?” he moved to gently caress the younger boy’s face. “Is it your parents?” Sehun nodded, then shook his head no, then shrugged, and the older laughed. “Okay, what do you want to eat?” Sehun shrugged and the elder smiled fondly. “Whatever it is, it’s really bothering you.” Kyungsoo busied himself with grabbing several ingredients from the fridge. “I haven’t seen you this bad since… exo went different ways at the airport.”

 

Sehun looked up pitifully. “Exo’s supposed to be one. Isn’t it?” He looked down at his hands. “I don’t like being away from everyone. We’re a family.” Sehun felt stupid for being like this. He furiously rubbed his eyes as tears prickled them and his mouth contorted into a frown. “You guys are my family.”

 

He looked up when he felt a hand rubbing his back. “Sehunnie, we’ll be together again soon. Tomorrow we’re going to the airport to see them, remember?” Sehun nodded and buried his face into Kyungsoo’s chest, accepting his comfort. “Come on, you’ll see all of your favorite hyungs soon, and you’ll feel better.”

 

The younger boy nodded again, clinging desperately to the other’s shirt. “Okay,” he mumbled.

 

Kyungsoo smiled softly as he tangled his fingers into the soft hair of his friend. He simultaneously loved and hated these moments, because he cherished the blatant vulnerability that the other trusted him with- he wasn’t a cry baby at all, but everyone is allowed to stop being strong for a moment- but he hated the helplessness he felt. All he wanted was to be a good friend and help the other feel better.

 

After pulling away to finish a simple and quick meal- hurriedly finishing it as he noticed that the clock was quickly nearing their time to wake up- and letting Sehun eat as the tears that slid down his cheeks were wiped away by Kyungsoo, they went to the couch. Kyungsoo sat down, letting Sehun lay his head in his lap as the older offered a few last words of comfort as sleep overtook the both of them.

 

*~*

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo was awoken by the soft word accompanied by gentle shaking of his shoulders, and he opened his eyes to see an equally tired Sehun squatting by the couch. “Yes?”

 

“It’s time to head to the airport.”

 

Kyungsoo yawned and nodded, sitting up fully as he stretched his back. “Okay, come on, let’s go.” He stood and leaned his head onto the maknae’s shoulder. “Are you feeling better?” he asked softly.

 

“Yes,” the word was thankful, and Sehun wrapped an arm around the other as he quietly said, “Thank you hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo relished in the rare moment of being called hyung by the other, and he smiled up at the other. “It was nothing Sehun-ah. Now go get your stuff so we can get to the airport on time.”

 

As Kyungsoo entered the room, he noticed his bags were already up on his bed and out of the closet where he had put them. “Huh…” He looked over to see a sleepy Jongin putting his toothbrush into the outer pocket of his own suitcase. The older smiled and turned back to his bags to pile his pillow on top.

 

“You don’t have to indulge Sehun every time he wakes you up like that, you know.”

 

The other boy’s anger was clearly evident and Kyungsoo laughed. “Yes I do, I’m his hyung. And as I recall, I used to wake up at ungodly hours to buy you medicine and hug you to sleep too.”

 

He saw the other flush and look away, mumbling, “But that’s different.”

 

*~*

 

Chaos reigned at the airport, to the point that fans were slipping and falling to the floor. Kyungsoo looked around worriedly as his bandmates were pushed around, and felt an arm slide around his shoulders comfortingly. He looked over to see Joonmyeon smiling at him. The younger boy sighed.

 

“I heard you took care of Sehun last night,” Joonmyeon whispered lowly. “Thank you… I knew he’d been upset lately, but I didn’t want to approach him.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled and shrugged. “It’s no problem, I’m just tired.” He laughed and the older boy promised him he could sleep on the plane ride.

 

Suddenly the arm around him was gone and Kyungsoo looked around to find out where the other had gone, only to fall straight to the ground, his nose bashing the hard tile.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo angrily held back his tears of pain as he attempted to stand up, only to be pushed back down by the fangirls pushing forward. The only thing he heard was cries of “oppa” and he finally pushed himself to his feet with the help of the security. He limped around, grabbing the gifts he had gotten prior to his fall.

 

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo turned around and found Sehun looking at him wildly. “Are you okay?” Sehun grabbed the other instantly, pulling him into a protective hug. “What happened?” he hissed.

 

“It’s fine, I just fell, that’s all.” He attempted to smile up at the younger, but instead frowned at the pain that bloomed around his nose, bringing fresh tears to his eyes. “Ah…”

 

“Hyung…” Sehun reached out to brush his nose, and Kyungsoo instantly flinched back. “Sorry… Come on, let’s get of here. I don’t want to be here anymore.” Kyungsoo nodded and clung to the taller boy as they walked through the sea of girls screaming at them.

 

Kyungsoo stumbled, his arm quickly shooting out to catch himself on the other. He smiled thankfully, only to frown slightly as Sehun glared vehemently at the throng of people surrounding them. “Sehun-ah.”

 

“Don’t they get that we’re still human? What the hell.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed at the sight of his friend with his metaphorical haunches raised, claws and fangs out and ready for a fight. He reached up to the underside of the maknae’s chin. “It’ll be okay.”

 

*~*

 

When they finally arrived at China, with their other half, they instantly hugged each other and smiled brightly. Kyungsoo found his way to the bathroom, looking in the mirror and noting with distaste that he was bruising on the bridge of his nose. He sighed and left the room, settling on the chair in the corner of the room to watch his bandmates mingle with one another, a soft smile working its way onto his lips.

 

Kris, Chanyeol, Tao, and Baekhyun were laughing about some joke one of them had said.

 

Sehun and Luhan had their arms wound tightly around each other, making promises about getting bubble tea together.

 

Minseok, Jongdae, Lay, and Joonmyeon were talking about their plans for the rest of the night. As if he felt Kyungsoo’s eyes on him, Joonmyeon looked up and made his way over to the small male. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked softly. “I heard… you fell. I’m sorry I wasn’t there, I just kind of got pulled away and-”

 

Kyungsoo cut him off. “No, I’m fine, really. I just think I bruised my nose pretty bad. I’m surprised it’s not-”

 

“Hyung.”

 

The two of them looked up to find a stone faced Jongin looking at them. “Yes Jongin?”

 

“Don’t you have other band members to attend to?” Jongin hissed. Joonmyeon looked taken aback at this, but nodded nonetheless and made his way back over to the group he had been with previously. Jongin looked back at Kyungsoo with a fierce expression. “Are you okay? Are you hurt too much?”

 

Kyungsoo silently shook his head. “I’m fine.”

 

Jongin sighed. “I just-” he clenched his fists, “You need to be more careful. And Sehun! He needs to realize that he can’t just wake you up whenever he can’t sleep! Maybe if you had gotten enough sleep last night you wouldn’t have fallen! I know he’s the maknae but he’s being so selfish and-”

 

Kyungsoo put his hand on the other’s lips. “Stop. You’re being unfair. So he was sad last night, it doesn’t mean that he was being selfish. Now look at him, he’s so happy to be around everyone again…”

 

Jongin looked down and sighed. “I guess,” he said begrudgingly. “Why aren’t you hanging out with anyone?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “I’m content just watching. I’m really tired.” He heard the other mumble something along the lines of ‘yeah because of Sehun..’ and he laughed. “Why don’t you go play video games with Luhan?”

 

The younger boy sat up straighter as he settled further back on the chair. “Nah, I think I’m content just watching.”


I DIDN'T ING CAPTURE SESOO THE WAY I WANTED AT ALLAKSBKJASFKJ

you're going to catch a pattern in all of these chapters okei shh don't worry you'll figure it all out soon

please subscribe, comment and befriend me i'm lonely