Avoiding Someone Is an Art

This Is Awkward

 

        It had been three weeks since they survived their first trainee evaluation. Ji Eun had been so embarrassed that she avoided SangHyun at all costs. Welcome to the art of avoiding someone.

  1)  Within the next couple of days she had set up a system, to which she knew when and where he would be at all times and she would try to avoid him as best as possible.

2) Only wear dark colors so you can’t be as detected easily.

3) If you can change your look. Do it!

Unfortunately Ji Eun wasn’t looking forward the last rule. It had been months since her last haircut and she was not looking forward to it this time. The ahjussi in her neighborhood would always cut it either too short, or it would look too choppy. Ji Eun sighed at her sad miserable life at the agency.

Ji Eun found it hard to hang out with the other unnies at the agency since they were so over dramatic. Her only real girl friend was Hyemi and Hyemi spent enough of her time trying to train. But other than her, she hung around the other guys, in the practice room. Usually they just chilled and tried to learn whatever new dance had came out. Then soon she couldn’t even do that. Sanghyun had eventually found a group of friends he was comfortable with. Too bad it was her group of friends too.

 Ji eun jumped when suddenly everyone started laughing.

“Wait, what happened I missed the joke.” She looked around clearly dazed.

“SoonKyu just confessed to you, and you didn't say anything.”

“Oh...Oppa don’t mess around!” She hit him playfully. “You know I’m a dongsaeng, that needs to debut.” Ji Eun grinned.

                                                            
 

Sang Hyun didn’t think he was one to be jealous. He had plenty of girlfriends before. But Ji Eun was different. One, she hadn’t thrown herself at him like most of the girls did, and Two, she was a beautiful as she was on the outside as she was on the inside.

 

‘I should probably make it up to him...’She thought. Although sanghyun didn’t know her feelings, she felt weird flirting with other guys around him. Plus she was the first person he met at the agency. She shouldn't have been avoiding him... BUt the way he looked at her, just made her feel like she was....like she wasn't herself. Like they were the only two people in the world. Ji eun kept gripping onto her book bag tighter before picking up the pace. There was no way she could be late again due to her day dreaming.

“That guy looks familiar...” She hummed watching the guy cross the the street. He turned and started on the pathway down to her school.

“Wait...is that?”

            She almost screamed one her way to school, when she saw him enter through the front gate of her school heart heart stopped. So much for trying to avoid him. Okay new rule....

4) If we are at school it’s okay not to avoid oppa. Ji eun nodded before taking off her outside shoes and putting on her slippers.

   

     Sang Hyun was glad he and Ji Eun were sent to the same school by the agency. Even if they couldn’t date according to the agency rules, just having her near him was good enough. during all his time in the philippines there weren't any girls like her. Chills raced up his spine whenever the teacher turned away and  Ji Eun would whisper something like, “Oppa, what type of food do you like?” and he would reply “I like to eat, jjampong.” and then they would go into a deep silence before she’d ask another question. He didn’t mean to be so vague, but he was afraid he’d say something stupid.

 

Ji Eun furrowed her eyebrows at him before facing forward in her seat.  

“Did I say something wrong?” He thought.

“What’s up with the two word answers?” Ji Eun thought.” I thought we were friends....this is awkward.” They both sighed in relief as the bell rang signaling that school was over. Ji Eun all but ran out of the room and towards her locker to put on her shoes. Sanghyun could barely catch up with her. She had left her cellphone in her seat, along with a couple of books. He decided to just give them to her tomorrow.

    

 

          “Oppa!” Sang Hyun turned around and found the familiar girl heading towards him. The wind blew causing her skirt fly up in the air with it. Like clockwork she furiously blushed and kept her skirt down with her hands before proceeding towards him. Sang Hyun looked around pretending he didn’t see what just happened. It wasn’t a big secret that a lot of guys liked her at school, and at the agency. And it wasn’t a big secret that Sang Hyun liked her. The only person who couldn’t tell was Ji Eun herself.

 

“Sang Hyun, don’t bring anything for lunch tomorrow okay?” She wiggled her eyebrows up in down in a mysterious matter. Usually this would have made him laugh, but today he was feeling especially drained. He tried to clear his throat, getting the image of her legs out of his head.

“Yah, Ji Eun. What are you trying to do?” He asked before yawning.

“It’s a surprise.”she said softly before continuing to walk ahead of him crossing the road.



 

   “Wait- Ji-Ji!” Sang Hyun couldn’t get the words out quick enough as they entered the quiet professional lobby to the agency. He had been trying to get her to spill the beans ever since they started walking together. More importantly he wanted to know why she had all of a sudden stop hanging out with the rest of the juguri’s. Sanghyun sighed. Why did she like to mess with him so much? Couldn’t she tell he liked her? Did he have to vocally express that to her?

“Ugh!” Sanghyun rubbed his head and went into the practice room.