Chapter 2

SOULMATES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Sun-young ~

 

I agreed to accompany the retarded eel (the guy I just bump) to see his mom and sister. After changing my clothes, we walked to the address he gave. Arriving there, we stared at the place for a moment then he walked in. he walked in his room and saw his mother packing his stuff. I followed him but I just stayed outside the room. He sat down on the bed and stared at his mom with teary eyes. Then his mom began to cry as she held unto her son’s crisp white shirt.

“Forgive me mom for leaving you.” he said even though he knows that she couldn’t hear him. His mom didn’t stop crying. He tried to touch her but he can’t. I just stayed where I am, watching the scene full of guilt and sympathy. Then, he looked at me and I met eyes with him...

“Can you talk to her for me? Tell her that I really love her…” he asked. I slowly shook my head then ran outside the house. He followed me in a couple of seconds. I was there crying myself out. He walked then stood in front of me. I looked up and met eyes with him. Sympathy and guilt was seen even just by looking at my eyes.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to kill you. It was an accident. I… I can’t face your mom. I just can’t. What will I say to her? That I’m the one who killed her son?“I said with tears still oozing down my face, “Someday, I’ll ask for their forgiveness. I hope they’ll forgive me. I hope you’ll also forgive me.” With that, I ran away.

 

~ Chanyeol~

 

“Someday, I’ll ask for their forgiveness. I hope they’ll forgive me. I hope you also forgive me.” With that, she ran away.

“Wait!” I tried to stop her but I failed to do so. She just kept running and didn’t stop. I wanted to follow her but then my mom along with my sister came out of the house and in a taxi then drove to the different direction from her. Who would I follow?

 

~ Sun-young~

 

Now, I’m sitting in the couch, still thinking on what I have done. Does it make me a bad person? But it was an accident right? Too many questions popped out in my mind and I can’t seem to find an answer. I got my phone just from the table in front of me then dialed my dad’s number. At a moment like this, my dad is the only one I needed. He is the only one I want to be comforted to. He is the only one I want beside me. His phone rang and he answered it.

“Hello?” he answered from the other line.

“Hello dad, aren’t you going home yet?” I asked

“Hello?” he asked again like he didn’t hear me until he just hang up. I just sighed thinking that it was a network problem or something. I dismally got up from the couch and walked myself to my room.

 

The next morning….

 

The next day I woke up not hearing the sound of my alarm clock. I looked at it and got it from the desk. It wasn’t moving. I checked on the battery and moved it then place the clock back on the desk. I skipped out of bed and bobbed in the bathroom then closed the door. I got my shirt off and also the thing that’s underneath it and same as my shorts and also the thing that’s underneath it. I drowsily turned to where the tub is and my eyes widened to see that eel sitting in the tub.

“Aaahhh!” I panicked as I tried to find something to cover my body. Then, I ended up squatting on the floor and covered myself with the tub. I tried to get my clothes when I saw him just looking at me.

“Would you stop staring you ert!” I said.

“Why were you getting yourself here if you know that there’s a ghost in here?” he asked

“And why are you scaring people in the bathroom if you know someone’s taking a bath?!” I shot back.

“Oh yeah… you got a point there…” he slightly chuckled.

“Why are you still here by the way? I thought you’re not going to bother me anymore.” I kindly interrogated.

“No one’s at home. I got bored of waiting. Then, I thought of you.” he softly explained. My eyes widened at the last part. “But I’m not thinking of you, okay? You just popped out in my mind.” I chuckled as he tried defending his self then he continued, “Because yesterday you kept crying. That’s why I thought that I hope you won’t feel guilty. Because….. It already happened. And also, I already accept the fact that I’m dead. So, don’t be so guilty about it. I don’t want to carry it all my life.” I softened at what he said and a slight smile formed my face. “Thanks.” Was all I could manage. He just gave me an assuring smile back.

“By the way, I never had the chance to get your name.” I added

“I’m Chanyeol” he said. A slight chuckled escaped me.

“Sun-young” I introduced as I reached out a hand. He tried to shake it but his, just went through mine. I just shrugged it off. We both just chuckled. Then, my gaze landed on his face.

“I never knew that you are cute when you smile.” I complemented

“What? I’m cute period.” He confidently said which made me chuckle even more. When the chuckles finally stopped, I looked at my body then back at him.

“Can we be friends later?” I asked earning a questioning look from him. “When I have clothes already…” I added. He nodded in understanding. He scratched his head in embarrassment and his face turned red like a tomato. I chuckled even more at how cute he looked.

“later.” He said then finally disappeared.

After how many minutes, I finished in getting myself ready. I walked downstairs and saw that eel, I mean Chanyeol standing in front the garage door, staring at the wall clock. I walked passed him and got a glass of water.

“You should change the batteries of this clock. It doesn’t work already.” He said then turned and placed his palms on top of the table. I walked right to the sink and place the empty glass there along with the numbers of unwashed dishes and washed my hands. He walked right beside me and peeped at the sink.

“And that” he pointed at the unwashed dishes, “when are you going to wash those? This place is so messy doesn’t seem like a girl lives here.” He complained which made me chuckle. I turned and faced him then splat slight water at him.

“So many complains. I will do all of those when I have time” I said.

“Time?” he slightly chuckled, “There’s always plenty of time especially for you. Me? I don’t think I even have time.” He added. I felt sympathy over him and at the same time guilt.

“Is it hard? I mean, what’s it like to be dead?” I asked

“I’m still here anyways. The difference is that you’re the only one who can talk to me. There’s so many things I can’t touch, so many things I can’t do.” He answered. I sighed then walked passed him. With what he just said, I felt even guiltier. He turned to face and followed me.

“What’s that? Didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter