Chapter 1

SOULMATES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Present ~

~ Sun-young ~

 

Soulmates…

 

There was one friend of mine who believed in those. She said that once you meet your ‘Soulmate’, you could never let them go cuz their tied up with you forever.


I never believed in those things before until it actually came to me. For me, it was just a combination of the word ‘Soul’ and ‘Mate’ which makes no sense at all. I don’t know if I’m just a type of girl with no sense of humor.


Before I was like…


Soulmates… *chuckles* Even just by saying the word already doesn’t make sense. What kind of freak would believe in those kind of stuff.


But now I’m like…


Oh My Great Potatoes!


Anyway, let’s say it’s destiny. A freakin destiny that tied me up with my soulmate in a fairytale kind of way.

 

It all started out in a Sunday evening…

 

 

~ Start of Story ~

~ Sun-young~

 

My friend, Sung Ah and I stayed the whole day in the office dressing the mannequins with the newly designed dresses and matching it with the right accessories it goes well with. Sung Ah was playing around with the mannequins while I laughed at her jokes.

“Yah! Could you be serious in working and stop fooling around? We still have to finish this for tomorrow.” I softly scolded her.

“Arasseo” she playfully nodded.

Finally, we finished it. We got tired of all the hard work we did as we slumped ourselves to our desks. A loud sigh and yawn was all I could manage to do. I raised my right wrist to check what time it was. Seeing that it was late already, I mounted up from my seat and got my bag.

“We got to go. It’s late already.” I said as I gathered my things. Sung Ah raised her resting head and looked at me exhaustedly.

“But I’m still tired. Can’t we just stay a little whi~” she was cut off by me dragging her out. Somehow, she managed to grab her bag before we exited the place. It was already pretty dark and we could barely see any taxi passing by. Well a few did but none of them stopped. Sung Ah just shook her head.

“Why won’t you use your car anyway? Your mom bought it for you two years ago and you never used it not even once…” Sung Ah interrogated.

“There is no way I’m using anything that comes from her.” I said as I shook my head.

“Why? Because she left you and your dad for some foreign guy?” sung ah shot another one earning a glare from me. “Okay, fine. Let’s not talk about it”. I signaled each taxi that passed by but none of them would stop. The night sky grew darker and darker. I  gave up and stumped my feet in annoyance.

“What should we do?” Sung Ah asked.

“If no one would stop then I’ll have to make them.” I stated

“What?! Are you crazy?!” she freaked out. I saw a taxi getting close then I walked at the center of the road and spread my arms in the air thinking that this might do the trick. The taxi beeped as it came closer and closer.

“Yah! Sun-young –ah! Come back here!” Sung Ah freaked out even more.

The taxi was getting closer already. It was about 3 meters away from bumping me. Sung Ah closed her eyes and covered her face with her palms and I closed my eyes as well waiting for the impact. Feeling nothing, I slowly opened my eyes and saw the taxi a meter away from me then sighed. The taxi driver got out from the car and stormed towards me.

“Miss, are you trying to kill yourself!” the driver scolded. I slowly placed my arms down to my side saying nothing. Sung Ah uncovered her face and looked at me then approached me.

“Sun-young –ah, are you crazy?!” she worriedly scolded me too. I rolled my eyes in annoyance then looked at her.

“I’m alright, aren’t I? So there’s nothing to worry.” I annoyingly said. The driver scoffed at what I said thinking that I’m a retarded potato or what. “Just take us home.” I uttered to the handsome young driver then walked passed them and slipped in the backseat without another word.

Both the driver and Sung Ah’s gaze followed me then Sung Ah looked at the driver and gave the address of both of our houses then slipped in the taxi as well. The driver just sighed in defeat. He drove to Sung Ah’s place first then to mine. Arriving at my place, I paid for the bill then got out.

“Wait!” the driver called. I stopped and looked back at him.

“What?” I wearily asked.

“Don’t do that again. You’re lucky that I stopped and didn’t bump you...” he scolded once more.

“Ahjussi, I’m not dumb. I know what I was doing back then so you don’t have to tell me over and over again…” I taunted and with that I slammed the door closed and went in the house.

 

~ Chanyeol~

 

“Ahjussi? I’m not that old.” I scoffed then looked back at the house, “That girl’s pretty, too bad her attitude can’t be the same.” With that, I drove myself home.

Arriving at home, I wearily walked in the house. At the sight of me, my little sister began charging me with her arms spread in the air. I knelt down and prepared to catch her. When I did I carried her up and spinned her around making her laugh.

“Oppa, how was work today?” she asked

“It was fine…” I said putting her down, “where’s Umma?” I asked pinching her cheeks.

“In the kitchen, washing the dishes…” she cutely said.

“Alright, now go to your room and wash up..” I softly said and patted her head. She nodded then rushed towards her room. I smiled looking at her retreating figure then walked towards the kitchen where I saw my mom washing the dishes. I tiptoed towards her and gave her a very warm surprise hug. She gasped in shock which made me chuckle and hugged her even tighter as I rested my chin in her head.

“You came home late today, why is that?” she softly asked. A sigh escaped from me remembering what happened earlier.

“A retarded seal slowed me down…” I said then chuckled. My mom elbowed me playfully and chuckled as well, “Ow!” I whined.

“Why don’t you go to your room and wash up…” she said. I softly nodded my head the walked towards my room.

 

After 3 weeks…

 

~ Sun-young ~

 

Everybody working under my clothing line celebrated for its success. My clothes are one of the bestsellers these days. We all enjoyed ourselves in the party. And don’t get me started with Sung Ah, that girl is a party animal.. We danced, drank and had fun which most teenagers do. These days, everything turns out the way I wanted them to be. Or so I thought.

 

~ Chanyeol~

I just finished bringing my last passenger for the day home. Now, I’m on my way home. Suddenly I could feel the car began to be so jumpy. I parked it in front of the park and got out to check what happened. It was a flat tire! “Aish! What a bad timing!” I hissed. Then a guy approached me.

“Dude, is everything okay?” the guy asked

“I don’t think so. My tires gone flat.” I said

“Ohhh! So you need any help? I sure know how to change flat tires...” he offered

“Ahh... sure bro…” I nodded

“Baekhyun… that’s my name…” he introduced as he reached a hand.

“Chanyeol” I said and shook his hand.

We both got the flat tires out and changed it to a new one. It took us about 6 minutes. When it was done, we were satisfied of our work. I thanked Baekhyun for all the help and he just simply nodded his head then went. When he vanished off my sight, I walked towards the front seat and was about to slip in when…

 

~ Sun-young ~

 

After the party, everybody went home already. Sung Ah? Well I’m bringing her home. Yes, I’m using the car that my mom gave me. I thought that maybe it’s time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter