We're not best friends anymore

We're not best friends anymore

A week later, Seohyun's classes started.

One Tuesday afternoon, Seohyun got home from school.

She fixed her things and changed her clothes.

Suddenly she saw her phone blinking.

"Maybe someone texted me." she said.

She got her phone and saw there were 5 messages and all those messages were from Donghae but Seohyun didn't know Donghae had a phone. In Seohyun's school, gadgets are not allowed 

The first message from Donghae was:

Hey Seohyun, this is Donghae! How are you?

The second was:

Are you still in school? Please reply. This is Donghae.

The third one was:

By the way, I got your number from Hyoyeon. I hope it's okay with you...

The fourth and the fifth one were beyond Seohyun's expectations. Donghae texted :

Seohyun, if you don't want to talk to me, I'll understand. But I just want to say that I miss you so much. I miss the times we were together. The times we shared by fooling around, walking around the village and eating stuffs. We've been best friends for a long time. But I really don't understand why you didn't want to talk to me or to see me anymore. What did I do, Seohyun? I miss you...

And the last one went like this:

I wish we could still bring back everything we had before.

 

After reading all those messages, Seohyun can't help it but to cry.

She wasn't aware that Donghae was thinking of the same thing like she did a few months ago.

Seohyun couldn't help it so she answered Donghae back.

"Annyeong sunbae. It's been a while since I last talked to you. I've been busy lately. I'm sorry it took long before I replied to your messages. You see, things had changed between you and me. You ignored me  5 months ago. You didn't even bother trying to call or even just text me. So how can we bring everything back like it used to. Nothing's permanent except change. Hyoyeon told me things about you. I didn't know you've changed into something we both agreed before the things we would never even try to do. Do you remember what those things are? Do you?"

Donghae replied after a few minutes.

"I do. But you see, I met new friends who accepted me for who I am. They made me change for the better. Don't you love the new me?"

"No, I don't. I think it's better that we wouldn't communicate with each other anymore. Otherwise, I might be the same as you are. You're old enough to know what's right or wrong. I hope someday, you'll regret doing those things that are not appropriate to do. Especially at this age. Goodbye, Donghae..." Seohyun replied.

 

After that message, Seohyun and Donghae never spoke to each other again. Donghae got separated with his girlfriend while Seohyun is running for honor in her school. I guess some people aren't meant to last to be best friends. Sometimes, you gotta let go of someone who doesn't want to be a part of your life.

 

The end.

"And if all those words you said to me actually meant something, maybe we wouldn't be standing where we are today..."