We're not best friends anymore

We're not best friends anymore

"Why not, Hyoyeon?!" Seohyun asked annoyingly.

"Well, I know you're aware that Donghae lives near our home, right? Donghae have been going to our house these past few months but not very often. He keeps on sharing to me what was going on in his life. And did you know that one time, he was asking how you were. He also asked me why aren't you calling him or texting him? Hyoyeon replied.

"Many things have changed, Hyoyeon. Not only the way we used to treat each other but it's us who changed. Like what you just said earlier, now he's in to smoking and drinking while I'm in to focusing on what career I would choose when I go to college and to study harder when school starts. And why am I supposed to text or call him first? Don't you think it's awkward?" Seohyun said.

"Donghae is scared that you might be mad at him. That's why he had been quiet to you all this time." Hyoyeon replied.

"Well, before I wasn't mad at him but now I am. Why is he going out with a bunch of bad people?? Wait, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's just meet again sometime next week or I'll just see you in school. I think I gotta go. Bye Hyoyeon! Thanks for the time. " Seohyun said to Hyoyeon and walked away from her table.

Suddenly, Donghae shouted, "Seohyun! Seohyun!"

Seohyun stopped but she didn't look back. After a few seconds she continued walking away.