The Reason.

My Hidden Feelings.

 

I felt it, it was small but I felt it.

I looked into Key’s eyes while he was performing and whoever that person he was singing to, well I can tell you this; he loves them.

It never hit me, that it would be one of the members. He answered all of the Ideal type questions with ease, so obviously you would think it would be a girl. I had my scandal to deal with anyway and SM did promise it would end soon.

I knew for a fact that I and Key had the strongest relationship amongst the members. We would understand each other, have similar thoughts and such. We also agreed that the best day of our lives is the day we met each other. And it was a 100% true, he was really something to me and to everyone’s eyes.

So as all these questions popped into my head I decided to ask him.

It was late, and Key was sitting on the floor with a blanket wrapped around his body in front of the TV screen. It was a horror movie and as I got a good view of Key’s face, it was half covered by the blanket wrapped around him.

“Stop torturing yourself, this’ll only make your sleepless for weeks,” I said plopping myself next to him.

“I..Have…To,” Key stuttered “It’s the only way to know what’s gonna happen in the end,” Key said without turning his head.

“Well do you mind if I join?” I asked.

“Seeing you already sitting down, do what you please,” Key answered back.

 The movie finished and Key sat on the floor for a while more before getting up to get some water for both of us. He then settled back into his earlier position without the need of the blanket this time.

“Thanks for joining me, I feel less scared now,” he said while nudging my arm playfully.

I smiled back at him, but then remembered why I came to him in the first place.

“Why did you write that song? Remember, that one you sang on our latest performance.”

“Cause I felt like it. How is she? Shin Se Kyung?” replied Key, obviously trying to dodge my question.

“You know it’s just a scandal to cover up SM’s other scandals, we don’t even talk to each other. We can’t even talk to each other due to our schedules.”

“Oh, I see,” Key replied and then stayed silent for a while. “I’m going to bed now, good night,” Key replied after our moment of silence.

I let him go in to our room, but after a moment I followed him in. I found him in bed reading a book, probably to get his mind of the movie he just saw. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Key. He was still reading his book but after a while he looked up, “What is it?”

“You know you still didn’t answer my question on why you wrote this song. On what I know is, that you’re not a person to start writing songs.”

“Like I said I felt like it,” Key said returning back to his book.

I took the book out of his hands and made sure to bookmark the page so that he won’t nag me afterwards.

“Key, is something wrong lately? You know I’m always here to help,”

“That’s exactly the problem,” he whispered.

“What?”

“I said that’s exactly the problem!” Key said a bit too loudly, “You are the only person I can’t resort to!”

“Key quiet down, and why can’t you resort to me? I am your closest friend.”

Key looked at me for a while concentrating and thinking deeply before saying, “You know what forget it, just forget it, I just wanted to write that song isn’t that a good reason?!” he then turned to the other side to avoid my gaze, “Because my feelings made me…” he mumbled into the pillow.

I then reached up to his face and turned his face around, the strange thing was that I didn’t move my hand after I turned his face towards me.

“Please Jonghyun don’t do this, don’t touch me,” Key muttered trying to release my grasp using both his hands. But that only made me hold on, after all he was skinnier than me.

“Why can’t I? I want to, aren’t we friends? Don’t friends tend to touch each other, c’mon we’ve done this before,” I said clearly irritated from his somewhat weird behavior. This wasn’t Key, he would usually tell me if something’s wrong, he is always honest with me and we would always tell each other everything. What is the matter with him lately?

“No, look you don’t understand…” he muttered trying to squirm away.

“What don’t I understand? Tell me!” I said in frustration, I held Key’s face with both my hands and my grip tightened.

Key’s eyes became somewhat scared and he looked at me deeply. We stayed quiet for two seconds as my temper cooled down.

“Key tell me, please. I might not be the person you want to speak to right now, but I care for you. I have always cared for you and will do anything to help you.” I said letting my hands down from Key’s face.

“Really? You always have?”

“Yes I have and I’m here to help, right now.”

“So you are willing to help me right now?”

“Key I’ve already said yes.”

“Then promise you won’t do anything after I tell you my problem.”

“I promise,” I said

Key got up from his sleeping position and sat down next to me. He then put both of his hands on top of mine which were now laid on my thighs. A chill went through my spine, which came to me as strange. His touch….

“Jonghyun, I love you,” And then he leaned in and kissed me.