Dance Class~

How do I love?

 

After Joon, Minji and you parted ways with the boys, you headed towards the Performing Arts building. The fourth floor was the dance floor, filled with many practice rooms, especially for all the different styles they taught at Seoul U of A. Not wanting to climb the stairs, everyone got in the commodious elevator, while Joon pressed the button excitedly, almost like a little kid, extremely eager to dance.

Once the doors opened, the three of you stepped out into the light blue walled hallway. Your stilettos clicked against the laminated hard wood floor. You noticed that the many doors on both sides of the hallway, and the luxurious dark blue couches and sofas lining the walls next to some of the doors. Joon started to walk towards the left side of the hallway. Being your curious self, you wondered where he was going, the room was right in front of him.

Voicing your curiosity, you asked him casually, "Oppa, where are you going? Isn't the room right there?"

You pointed at the blue tinged glass door to the large practice room. Minji started to walk away from the door as well. Seeing as she wasn’t giving an explanation, Joon stopped in his tracks, and pointed at your fashionable clothes.

“Are you going to dance in that?” He remarked, and at the shaking of your head he continued on, “So I’m going to go change... as you should. But since I’m a guy, I’m heading to the guy’s locker room.”

At this you mumbled an “oh” of understanding and started to blush, embarrassed at your slowness. He chuckled and ruffled your hair.

“Hey! I worked 10 minutes on that!” You quipped trying to fix the mess.

His chuckle turned into a laugh and Joon walked away. Noticing that Minji had almost disappeared behind another door, you ran in the hallway and caught up to her. Turned out it was the girl’s locker room.

Minji lead you to a far corner, and tossed a pair of keys, which you caught. Pointing at a locker next to hers, she started to open her own locker.

You tried out the keys, and it opened the locker. Smiling to yourself, you ped your bag, pulling out a pair of grey sweatpants that end at your calves, and pulled them on. After that you slipped off your heels, and got rid of the black frilly skirt, and the knee high socks, pushing them into your locker. Instead you wore a pair of ankle length black and white socks, and a pair of black converse high tops.You then proceeded to pull of your top, and the tank underneath, leaving you in a black sports bra. You picked up the rest of the clothes, and the shoes and stuffed them in the locker, locking it up a second later.

You were about to head out, but felt a tug from your wrist. It was Minji’s hand and she was frowning at you.

“What do you think your wearing?” Minji demanded, her eyebrows furrowed.

You looked back at her, did a once over of yourself, and replied incredulously, “What’s wrong with it?”

“Are you forgetting who’s in our class?” She hissed, “Yoseob will be more attracted to you. At least try not to be so prominent.”

“But this is what I always wear to practice dance...” You pouted, but agreed, and fished out a tank top from your bag, and pulled it over your head. “Is it better now?”

“Much” She nodded, a cute smile appearing on her face.

As you both walked out of the locker room, you mumbled, directing your question at her, “Really Minzy, how could someone so cute and young be so... y and mature at the same time?”

She shrugged, taking a seat on the polished maple wood floor. She smirked cheekily, “You seem to pull it off.”

You stuck your tongue out at her and started to stretch as well. There was a sudden weight upon your shoulders as you felt some soft fabric on them. When you looked back, Joon was standing above you, a corners of his lips turned up. His black sweatshirt was draped over your shoulders.

“Wear it please?” He requested, albeit a bit authoritatively. When you asked why, he responded with, “Because you’re Cheondoongie’s sister, and that makes you like my own sister, and I don’t want you showing off skin. Also because he’s in our class.”

“God you make him sound like a .” You frowned and handed the garment back to him, “First Minzy, now you. I swear you would have had a heart attack if you saw what I was actually planning on wearing to practice.”

“You mean what you didn’t want to wear.” Minji retorted, glaring at you.

Joon sat there confused as you both bickered, but interrupted you, “Wait what were you wearing then?”

“She wasn’t wearing the tank, only her sports bra.” Minji said with a pokerface.

“But that’s so much skin!” Joon gasped, sincerely appalled at the idea. You rolled your eyes and continued to stretch.

Soon enough Yoseob also walked in, wearing a pair of sweat pants and a loose Swagger Ltd. T-shirt. A taller man walked in after him, he looked much older than the rest of your classmates, so you presumed that he was the Professor.

“Hey guys! How’s it going?” he said adjusting his hat. Everyone muttered a “Good”, “Great”, or something along those lines when he noticed you. “Oh seems we have a new student joining us. Hope you can move, cause otherwise, you’ll be pretty far behind.”

Standing up you bowed to him and to the rest of the class. “Hello! I’m Park _______. I’m Double Majoring in Art and Dance. I’m also the younger sister of Sandara Park of 2NE1 and Park Sanghyun or Cheondoong as you call him, but just ignore that fact. I hope you treat me well.

“Nice to meet you _______, I’m Prepix’s Haw, your professor. Now let’s see you dance so I can judge your ability.”

You got up, and started to move. Everyone started to cheer for you, and a slight blush appeared on your face. You smiled embarrassedly and bowed.

“So your style is hip hop?” He asked.

Smiling sheepishly you answered, “Ah, that and others.”

“Well, I think that’s perfect for what we’re doing right now.” He paused. He turned around to face the class and continued with a smile on his face, “Everyone, each girl will be partnered with one boy from this class, and by the end of the week you’ll have to have a  fully choreographed dance for two minutes and also include a prop. I will decide your partners, and they can’t be changed.”

He wasn’t a man that gestured with his hands, unlike you. He spoke with confidence and looked at everyone in their eye for at least a second, to make them feel as if he was talking to them personally.

At his announcement everyone started to groan, a bit annoyed at the lack of freedom. Some even voiced their opinion, namely Joon. Slowly standing up and lining up on opposite sides of the room, the class divided themselves into Boys and Girls.

Professor Haw started to call of names. “Sohee, Jaebum; Hyorin, Minhyuk...”

You stared off into space, and ignored him, thinking off all the moves that you could do. Getting lost in a world of art, involving drawings, dancers and drawings of dancers.

“Minji, Taemin” Your ears perked up at the mention of your friends name, and looked at a young, and handsome looking boy approach the tom-boyish girl. You smiled at the two of them, thinking Ah, young love.

More names were called out, and each of their partners paired up. Everyone started to come up with moves, trying to compromise with their partner on every move. “Joon, Hyunah”
You looked up to see that even Joon had a partner, and she was actually very attractive. You frowned realizing that he had called everyone name except two. One being yours, the other being...

“________, Yoseob.” Haw’s voice rang clear through the room, and a smirk was pasted upon Yoseob’s face.

His... You sighed, knowing that karma would bite you in your behind for hurting someone. You started to walk towards him with heavy steps, groaning inwardly at your bad luck.

“Wait she can’t be with him!” Joon argued, frowning, and walking up to the professor to talk to him.

You looked at him, shocked and surprised at his sudden outburst.

Professor Haw raised an eyebrow, “And why not?”

“Well, because!” Joon started to look flustered, “uh... she’s more talented than him?”

“So you’re saying people shouldn’t improve?” Professor Haw remarked, slightly annoyed.

“Ah... no, I didn’t mean it like that” Joon mumbled looking down at his feet. Everyone was staring at him. Yoseob's lips were slightly quirked up, and he seemed very amused with the current situation.

You smiled at Joon and patted his back, “It’s okay, Oppa. I can handle it.”

He looked at Yoseob and glared at him, one that said try-anything-on-her-and-I’ll-rip-your-balls-off and looked back at you, and gave in to your sweet smile. He walked back to Hyunah and started to stretch out.

Everyone returned to thinking up dance steps when you started walking towards Yoseob. They were looking at themselves in the mirror as they choreographed the steps- many different dance styles were all portrayed across the reflective surface. The room was filled with the sound feet shuffling and tapping across the hard wood floor. They were so engrossed into their steps that they didn’t notice your scowl.

“I think the world is out to get me for stepping on you.” You grumbled, starting to think about some steps to try out.

He smiled at you, his eyes were slightly sparkling, “Well you shouldn’t have then.”

You jumped, but immediately stiffened when you felt his arms snake around your waist. You closed your eyes and let out a shaky sigh. You were slightly trembling and tried to be indifferent about it.

Your voice was steely as you whispered, “What do you think you are doing?”

“Well I think we should have some tango in this performance as well?” Yoseob smirked with his eyebrows wiggling, “Get a little close to each other you know?”

“Get your hands off me.” You shrieked defensively, but quiet enough that no one would over hear.

“Oh, but why? You liked it earlier,” Yoseob mumbled with his voice getting husky.

He turned you around in his arms, smiled at you, one that actually looked rather warm. You couldn’t help but stare into his puppy-like, brown eyes, and noticed some peculiar emotion with in them- hurt. He looked away, and you took that chance to shove him off you.

“The only time we get touchy is during the actual performance, and during the practice. Otherwise, get your hands off me.” You asserted, tone completely serious. Your face portrayed cold-blooded indifference. No emotions could be read, your mouth was pursed in a flat line. Your eyebrows were slightly furrowed to show that you meant it.

He backed off, understanding. You both started to create some steps, and tried to think of music that would suit you.

“Do we have any other classes together?” You asked him while trying out a split, and having him pull you up.

He nodded. With his voice a bit softer and less playful, he mumbled, “We have Drama together... that’s how I first got interested in you.” The end was drowned out by someone yelling in pain as they sprained their ankle.

Everyone except you two crowded around her, and you were staring at him incredulously, while he looked away at the girl. Professor Haw tried to separate the crowd to get to her, and when he did, he asked the girl’s partner to support her and had one of her arms around his shoulders. He turned to face us, and gave a strong and meaningful look.

“Just keep working on your dance moves. I know you’re all adults, so I expect you to behave like one as well.” He sighed, and continued, “Just stay out of trouble until I’m back.”

You kept thinking through the possible list of songs you could use to dance, and then it hit you- Icebox. It was your all time favorite, perhaps you could find a cover or remix it to suit the mood?

You kept thinking about it, and decided that you could use a box as your prop. Moves just started to form in your head and you smiled to yourself. You were lost in your choreography thoughts when a large hand that was waved in front of you brought you back to reality.

“Wow, you have disproportionate hands.” You noted, slightly embarrassed at the fact that you were lost in your thoughts.

“Yeah, they’re large so I can work magic with them.” He explained, winking. You blushed at what he was implying but rolled your eyes at him. He continued, “Anyway, what about the song, any ideas on what to use?”

“Well... Do you know Icebox?” Your eyes started to sparkle at the thought of actually doing Icebox.

He nodded, “Mhm, Omarion right?”

You shook your head, “No of course not! A cover or a remix perhaps. It’d suit the mood more in my opinion... and I was thinking maybe our prop could be a hollow box? We could walk in and out of it, and dance and stuff.”

“Sure, I can make a remix if you want, any moves you have in mind...?” He trailed, hoping that you would show him what you had planned.

“Hm... I was thinking about...” You moved right behind him and hugged him, and told him to do a body wave. “For I said I really want to work this out, girl I’m trying... something like that”

“I’m already liking it, babe” He whispered in your ear.

You pushed him away extremely annoyed. When you felt the pair of eyes staring at your direction, you brushed it off knowing it was Joon. You felt confused though, at the second pair of eyes that were boring into your back with a slight malicious air to it.

You turned around to see it coming from the same direction as Joon’s except it was his partner’s. She looked away when you turned to look at her, and you turned away as well. Yoseob was looking at you and you stuck your tongue out at him.

The bell rang and you headed to the girl’s locker room to change, not bothering to wait up for Minji. You were too engrossed in your thoughts.

Ugh great, hate already started. You groaned to yourself, she’s really pretty though... what was her name...? Hyunah? Perfect, just perfect.

You slammed your locker shut as you had finished changing back, and started to get your things together to head home.