Buying a wedding present

Serving You LOVE

The deal was made, soon CeOX would be part of my property too.
I only had to wait for the papers to be made ready, I would sign them and then everything would be settled!

Today I am going to buy a present for JaEun and her fiancé.
They are getting married in a week..
Thinking about JaEun still made me feel lost, although I was certain not to be in love with her anymore.
It’s just the thought about our break up, that didn’t exactly go smoothly.
If I can even call it a real break up..

Before JaEun and I got involved romantically, we were classmates in University.
We met, connected and were inseparable, as friends..
JaEun was a gifted pianist, I was interested in the piano too, that’s how she decided to teach me.
We spend many hours at the piano together, then “like” grew to “love”, at least I thought she felt that way too.
At some point I felt ready to confess to her, but I was a little shy in doing so.
Instead I would just try to get closer..

On one sudden Saturday JaEun told me she was going to move to another city.
The last day before her departure we spend together going to all the places we had been as children..
Sadly I decided a confession was not going to make her stay, it would be a waste of words, so I kept quiet about that..

I never knew why exactly she moved, but when she came back a few months later, she was in love with someone else..
Someone that was the total opposite of me, comparing attitudes and interests.

Because JaEun and I have never been an official couple, I can’t call it a real break up, but it felt that way to me, when she left, she broke our contact, she broke my heart.. So it was a break up to me..

When she came back, I did speak with her a few times, but I have never been able to really connect with her again. Somehow we kept talking about topics on the safe surface of daily life..
That’s how I lost my first love, my piano teacher, my close friend, my heart..

It’s been 3 years since her return.. and now she’s going to marry the guy she came back with..
He’s not the type of guy I hang out with, it’s still weird to think he and JaEun are actually compatible!
Somehow, I have managed to shake off the hurt, but the memory will never leave me.
I hold no grudge towards JaEun’s boyfriend, on the contrary, I envy him, such a precious girl is hard to find, let alone to treasure as yours.

I know JaEun likes gardening a lot, so I decided I’d buy them something for the garden..
I didn’t know how they lived, but I felt sure they must have a garden!

A friend once told me there is a great gardeners shop not too far from Seoul.
It was very exclusive and you had to have some money to buy something, but it seemed to be a good shop to find a nice wedding gift.

I gave my driver the directions to the shop and went to sit in the backseat, just relaxing for a while..
As I closed my eyes to have some rest, my cell phone went off.
Someone from the directory of my private school was calling me.
‘Yoboseyo?’ I answered, wondering whether there was a problem, the directory almost never called my cell directly, usually they called my office.
The voice on the other side sounded a little desperate and scared too, as he told me some teachers weren’t showing up.
Those teachers were all from department D, they claimed to be on strike, since their schedules weren’t properly made and they could no longer endure it..
So he called for me to fix it..
Nice..
Well, since it’s my private school I would try my best to solve the problem and keep the name of the school high..

From my cell phone I dialed my personal assistant to fire the schedule maker of department D and find a new one.
Then I sat back and tried to relax again.
Another phone call..
ChangJun?!
Oh no.. not him again!
The rascal always called him when he needed something..
‘Hyung! What is it you want this time?..’ I said..
‘.. Dongsaeng.. I made a mistake.. I need your help now..’
My big brother sounded much different than usual..
Normally my brother sounded.. well, like a bully mostly.. but he was always happy and laughed a lot.
This time was completely odd, my brother sounded on the verge of tears..
‘Jun.. is something wrong?’ I asked, concerned.
Although we weren’t always nice to each other, I did love my brother.
‘I met the greatest girl.. but I was.. I was drunk and I.. I kind of.. I kind of harassed her.. and now she.. she hates me..’ My brother swallowed hard.
I could almost see him biting his bottom lip and fighting back the tears..
A miracle had happened..
My brother.. the bully.. had fallen in love..
But the question was.. how was I to help him get her?!

After some silence on the phone, my brother seemed to have composed himself again as he cleared his throat.
‘ChangMinnie.. can you help me buy a piece of jewelry for her?’ ChangJun asked me.
How could I refuse, when he had conveyed in me?
I know I would end up paying for them, since I was the richer sibling, but he’ll be the one to do the rest..
I agreed to help him, he thanked me and immediately hung up..

Getting the girl to fall for my brother would take a lot, if it was true he really harassed her..
I wonder what he had done.
Did he yell at her, or did he touch her, or did he make inappropriate gestures or remarks?
He might have completely spoiled all the chances he would have had..
So much for a quiet drive to the gardeners shop..


________~END OF CHAPTER 4~________