Yongguk 77

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Send our best for this next invasion,” came the command from the chief. General Kim looked over his men and nodded.

            “I got it.”

            “This mission is going to be a quick stop in a place called Malaysia. We’re going to have to make sure that this planet will be a conquerable one. We don’t need him there for long. Just a few days to infiltrate and then back here to report. Got it?”

            Himchan confirmed and then turned off the screen. He cast a critical eye over the thousands of hopeful Mato warriors and then signaled one out. “Bang Yongguk! Get over here.”

            The tall warrior walked over and saluted. “Sir.”

            His general smiled. “You heard the commander. We’re going to be honing into this planet and you’re going to try to find our food source. Once you do, you’re going to report back immediately and let me know how it is.”

            Yongguk nodded and was sent away to prepare.

            He landed, completely disoriented, on the new planet. The air was foul and he grimaced when he was pushed around by a species called “humans.” They moved right by him and he wondered how they could walk by a great warrior without showing respect, before he remembered that his disguise was a twenty-one year old man. He looked like them.

            After studying the few footages they had of human interaction, Yongguk has come to learn the language as well as some rules of etiquette to help him survive. He knew that dropping on his knees in the middle of the road would be deemed inappropriate.

            Malaysia was a beautiful place, he had to admit. There seemed to be other animal species besides the human that existed. They were fascinating creatures and once or twice, he heard a couple that sounded almost like their food source. Unfortunately, those species don’t seem to be what was feeding the humans.

            On his last allotted day, Yongguk decided he was going to go all night. He was going to spend all his time on this planet and do his best to infiltrate it. For the other two, he had been merely focused on his mission. One of the people whom he had interacted with had told him about a thing called a concert.

            A concert, it was explained, was a large arena where bands and artists performed music for a crowd. Why Yongguk wanted to go, was a mystery but he knew he wanted to experience something of this planet before he left and gave up on finding the food source.

            The concert was loud and it was packed with other humans. The one he came with held out a bottle of a harsh drink he called liquor. Yongguk took one taste and nearly spat it out. On Mato, it was considered rude to offer a guest such a bad drink. The lights dimmed and he looked around, feeling his warrior instincts rise.

            There was a hush of anticipation from the rest of the crowd and then the human tapped Yongguk’s hand. “I have someone I want you to meet.”

            Yongguk took a step back and crouched down slightly. He was unsure whether the newcomer would be a threat. There was a rustle of movement and then a girl appeared next to him. She was beautiful, Yongguk had to use the one human word to describe her. Her eyes were shining and her hair was smooth. On her face, was a delicate smile.

            “Hi, I’m _______, nice to meet you.”

            He found his voice. “Yongguk. Are you here to enjoy the concert?”

            She shook her head. “It gets really loud. I came because Sungmin here promised there was going to be a very attractive friend over.” She gave him a larger smile and Yongguk knew, that he was lost. There was suddenly a booming noise and she jumped. Instinct told him to touch her and comfort her.

            The music started and a familiar noise filled his ears. There was suddenly a large swell of noise, all resembling the Eu-ak bird. Yongguk’s heart fluttered and he felt everything around him glow. He was being sent back. He cast one more desperate look at the girl and she looked at him. He tried to reach out for her but then everything went dark.

            When he woke, he was back in the command station and Himchan was there. “Your radar was overflowing. We felt the source all the way from here. Good job, Yongguk.”

            Yongguk silently went to his computer and searched for Malaysia and honed in on the concert. He stared at the girl, she was walking out now, just like she had said. She didn’t go for the enjoyment. His mouth twisted and he sighed.

 Mato warriors were built with the ability to know their soul mates. It had never been thought that they could love another species, but Yongguk knew. He watched her walk out of the arena and traced her steps. His mouth furled into a small smile. He was going to lead the next expedition to earth. He was going to bring back the food source, and then, he was going to bring her back with him.

 

this is for secretstayafterlove

♥ I changed your request a little so maybe it's more hopeful, less angsty?