Youngjae 57

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Aish, this stupid son of a gun is at it again.” You muttered and slammed your laptop screen down angrily. Youngjae knew that you hated it whenever he got particularly into fan service but he still did it anyway. This time, he decided that hugging a girl at their fan meet was going to be completely okay with you. He was dating a fangirl. He should know what fancams were.

            You shook your leg in frustration and snarled a little. This guy was going to drive you insane one day. You knew that whenever you told him about it, he would just laugh and say that you were overdoing it. As if that was possible. It wasn’t your fault you ended up with a greasy as hell boyfriend.

            You stared at the tops of your laptop a little longer and sighed. It wouldn’t do to get upset. You were going to sit there quietly and things up, you decided. If he even asks if you were alright, you were going to be graceful, put on a large smile and tell him yes, you were.

            Youngjae always had a knack for making the usually dormant jealousy in you rise. None of your other boyfriends had made you react this way, but there was something about watching girls fan over him and watching him respond that made your heart wrench. It could be insecurity. You, too, are a fangirl and so you knew how it feels to be on the opposite side of the screen. Miraculously, the two of you have clicked, but who knows who else he could potentially click with? But you shook your head. He hated those insecure thoughts you had and would probably be angrier if he knew the real reason why.

            You slowly opened your laptop screen again and saw that once more the fandom has exploded. This time, it was over a video B.A.P had filmed earlier on. You clicked on it cautiously and saw that it was the English channel Youngjae had been telling you about. You sat back and watched it. Your heart burst with happiness when you saw how hyper Youngjae was and you rolled your eyes.

            “My boyfriend’s such an embarrassment.”

            You watched as they went through introductions and then the hangouts started with the multiple fans calling in. There was a particularly pretty one who introduced herself and you watched him throw kisses at her. Your lips furled into an angry snarl and you stopped the video.

            “This disgusting greaseball. He doesn’t even think to tone down his actions. He has absolutely no consideration at all. All he had to do was wave and say that he loved her or something like that. He didn’t have to keep throwing those continuous hearts!” Your voice rose an octave as you shouted your complaints to your best friend.

            She clucked in sympathy. “Hazards of dating a super star,” she told you. You sighed and she continued. “Hey, if you look at it, it’s really all just fan service. You shouldn’t worry about anything else. You know that he wouldn’t cheat on you or anything of the sort. So, you just sit there and pretend that he’s doing it all to you.”

            “Stupid, stupid. He does it on purpose. Whenever I talk to s, he would ask if I was getting too close with them or something. But he himself has no sympathy for my pain. He’s so mean.”

            She laughed then. “Then talk to him and tell him how much it bothers you. He’ll listen. You know Youngjae. He always listens to you.”

            You thought her words over. “I suppose so. Do I tell him or wait until he asks me what’s wrong?”

            “No, you tell him as calmly as you could.”

            And so that was how you found yourself staring at him, with tears in your eyes. Youngjae huffed and shook his head. “I can’t even show the fans some love without you getting all up in my case now, is that right? You know there’s a difference. I appreciate them for what they’ve done for us. But you, you’re my girlfriend. How can you keep getting the lines blurred?”

            You bit your lip, and the truth couldn’t help but spew out. “It’s because you met me because of a fan meet! It’s because I was one of them, one of the people you mindlessly throw kisses to, one of the people in a sea of anonymous faces that you never got to know. And somehow, you got to know me. What if you met someone else just like me, and found that you liked her better?” Now that you said the words out loud, they did seem a little ridiculous but you pushed forward regardless.

            Youngjae’s mouth fell open and he sighed. He opened his arms. “Come over here, my silly girl.” You sniffled and shook your head, ready to be stubborn until the end. He gave you an amused look and shuffled over to you and wrapped you in his arms, tucking your head under his chin. “Look, there will never be another fan like you, okay? I won’t be looking and honestly, how can there be two perfections? Then that wouldn’t make you perfect, would it?” He kissed the top of your head. “And trust me, you are pretty darn perfect.” 

 

meh :/ double update