Yongguk 76

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Yongwon, get down and don’t hurt yourself,” Yongguk called out. He was trying to get the egg beater to work but nothing was going right. The egg was spattering everywhere and he had to keep an eye on two rambunctious children.

            Yongwon was currently climbing on his chair to reach a bowl and his sister was underneath him, shaking the chair. Yongguk placed the eggs down, knowing it was a lost cause.

            He reached up and got the bowls for his son and gently brought him down from his elevated height. Kyuri watched the two of them and Yongguk placed the bowl on the table and picked his daughter up. “You sit next to oppa and make sure he doesn’t play around, okay?”

            She kicked in her high chair and cooed at him and Yongwon jammed a plastic spoon in . “This is how mommy always feeds her,” he said.

            Yongguk shook his head and told him to sit still while he tried to make breakfast for their mother. He went back to beating the eggs and added in pepper and a mix of butter to add flavor. When he felt that everything was right, he placed it aside and went to get the potatoes. He remembered from watching his mom that potatoes needed to be skinned well and washed well.

            There was a crash and he jerked his head to see that Yongwon had dropped Kyuri’s spoon and his daughter was now wailing. He rushed over and kissed her cheek. “Sh, you don’t want to wake mommy up,” he hushed her.

            She whimpered a little and Yongguk picked her up, rubbing her back. The eighteen month old kicked a little and settled herself comfortably in her father’s arms. She placed her thumb in and he pulled it away. “Didn’t daddy tell you not to do that? You’re going to grow up with a puckered duck mouth if you do that.”

            Yongwon giggled.  “Duck mouth,” he laughed.

            When Yongguk was sure she was calm again, he placed her back in the chair and gave Yongwon his breakfast so he could focus on his get-well breakfast for his wife. He hurriedly went over to the sink and washed the potato, cutting off any dark spots and then he started to cut it into tiny squares.

            Yongwon walked over. “Daddy, what are you making?”

            “Breakfast! Mommy likes hash browns and eggs, and do you think she wants pancakes or waffles?”

            “Pancakes! With cream and strawberries.”

            Yongguk ruffled his hair and went back to cutting the hash browns. The knife wouldn’t cut through very well and Yongguk cursed slightly. He glanced at the clock and prayed she wouldn’t wake up. Even when sick, she still had a great internal clock.

            He finally cut enough squares and went to prep the pan. He heated it and added oil to it, watching it slowly pop. Yongguk poured in the egg and right at that time, Kyuri squealed. Her arms reached out and she tried to stand up on her chair.

            “No!” he ran to her and nearly tripped over a confused Yongwon. His mind completely forgot about the egg; he was only focused on making sure his daughter didn’t fall out of her chair. Yongguk got to her before she could fully remove her legs and he patted her cheek.

            “Kyuri, why are you being a bad girl and not listening?” he scolded her. He glared at her to show her that he wasn’t joking around and her bottom lip trembled. She blinked once and tried to grab onto his neck. He could hear her whimpering and sighed. Yongguk kissed her cheek. “Guess I’ll have to hold you tight.”

            By the time he went to the stove, the eggs were already a wonderful brown. Yongguk groaned and glanced at the time again. He was running out of time. Yongwon was running around and frustrated, Yongguk raised his voice. “Bang Yongwon, you go sit in that chair until I get this done.”

            This scared the little boy and he slunked away, not sure how to respond. Yongguk sighed a little and the baby in his arms whined a little. He cooed at her and went to tending the eggs. Since they were beyond repair, he took them out and prepared the hash browns. But he put too little oil and it took a long time. When they were done, they didn’t have the nice breaded crumbly surface he had imagined.

            “Aish, I can’t do this,” he muttered.

            He started to clean up, utterly defeated when he heard someone behind him. “Is this for me?” He saw his wife pick up the plate of fried scrambled eggs and winced.

            “Don’t eat them. They’re burnt.”

            She spooned them into and smiled. “Nonsense,” she mumbled. “I used to eat them like this when I was young. Yongwon, come over here and give your daddy a hug and tell him that you’re sorry for running around.”

            The little boy stepped forward and Yongguk picked him up as well. “No apologies.”

            His wife beamed at him. “I love this. This makes getting sick all worth it. Oh, Kyuri, you want?” she fed some to their daughter and smiled at Yongguk. “Thank you, love. You didn’t have to go through all the trouble though. Although you do look very hot in the kitchen.” She added as an afterthought and winked at him.

 

 

this is for saranghae14love

I legit love you guys so so much. Thank you for being my strength ♥