Yongguk 74

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Do you like children? Do you want children? Do you think you will be a good father? If the answer to any of the three is anything but a solid yes, here’s your complementary pastry, and have a great day.” You rattled off the moment the chair across from you. You didn’t even look to see who it was. He could be the hottest guy in the world, but the relationship would never work out if he didn’t want kids.

            The guy chuckled. Your head shot up. This was different. Normally, your other blind dates would get up or make an excuse to cut the date short but none of them were ever amused by your interrogation.

            Your mouth curled a little. He was very good looking. But that was no longer what you were going to base anything on anymore. You were tired of having your heart broken and then having your friends pick you up, only to have them throw you in for more blind dates. You have adopted a useful system yourself. You interrogate them, with no pretense of having a date.

            “I’m Bang Yongguk,” the guy in front of you held out his hand. You took it because it was polite. He smiled happily at you and you realized he had a firm grip.

            He pushed his chair closer and you leaned a little back. “So, is that how you always greet your dates?”

            You stared at him and decided that you were going to be frank. If your initial rapid-fire questioning didn’t scare him away, maybe this would. “It’s because I don’t think dates work out in general. I’m only doing this because one of my friends probably searched you up on the internet and decided you were an interesting character for me. Which, I doubt, because they’ve been trying on multiple guys and none of them have worked out.”

            His lips tugged upwards into a smile and you scowled. He wasn’t supposed to be amused. He was supposed to be unnerved. “Well, the answers to your questions are yes, yes and yes. I love children and honestly, I haven’t yet found a woman who wants kids as badly as I do.”

            You looked at him and he glanced at the cakes you had placed out for him. He smiled and took one. “Did you make it?”

            You nodded and he picked up one you would choose yourself, a lemon cake, and took a bite before holding it before you. “Eat with me,” he urged.

            You were bemused by his behavior as your mouth opened on its own accord. You watched him chew and smile. “You’re a good cook,” he complimented you. You blushed.

            “Ah, thank you. These were meant to be my have a nice day cakes. You know-”

            “Here’s your complementary pastry, and have a great day,” he quoted you and you bit your lip.

            “Yeah.”

            Yongguk chuckled. “I think our friend made a good choice. I like you already.”

            You rolled your eyes, on the defensive. “You barely know me. You just know that I like to interrogate people the moment I meet them, and that I’m a good baker.”

            “That and the fact that you like children. That’s the most important detail, remember. It is for you too.”

            He placed both hands on the table and gave you a wide gummy smile. “So, tell me. How many guys have you scared away?”

            You laughed a little. “Uh, quite a few. You don’t understand. There is another one scheduled exactly ten minutes from now. My friends, as much as they try, they don’t have too much faith in me, regardless.”

            Yongguk laughed with you and you leaned forward more, feeling at ease with him. He took a deep breath to control himself. “And what if I don’t leave in ten?”

            You glanced at the clock and decided it was okay to be a little flirty with perfection. “Then you’d either be forcibly removed or you can take your complementary pastry and leave nicely.”

            “And have a nice day,” he finished for you and you bit your lip to keep from laughing too loudly. There were still people in the tables around you and you didn’t’ want to cause a scene. Yongguk’s eyebrows furrowed and he pretended to be deep in thought. “But what if,” and he leaned in a little closer, “I didn’t want to leave?”

            “There’s security over there. I can always go with option one.”

            He looked away and you liked the way his eyes crinkled when he was happy. “Man, you’re a tough one. But what if you like being with me?” He looked a little embarrassed to be asking that.

            You glanced at the table and picked up a coffee cake. “Here, try this one. This one has a little surprise.”

            He was surprised at the sudden change in your demeanor but gamely took a bite. You watched him carefully as he chewed. He pursed his lips and his eyes widened and you saw him choke a little but he swallowed and nodded. “Excellent. The flavor was kind of strong but it’s great.”

            “That had a mix of curry and pepper and cinnamon. That would have been the complementary goodbye cake for someone who gave me a particularly hard time. But now I decided it would be the pastry for the one person who I think would tolerate me the best.”

            Your heart fluttered when Yongguk gave you his gummy smile at your words. He moved completely forward and picked up your hand. “Don’t look now, but I see the second guy. I think you should just pretend he’s not there and maybe he’ll get the message and go away.”

            Out of curiosity, you moved your head and realized you were now centimeters away from Yongguk. He winked at you and tilted your chin towards him and kissed you.

 

calling schokimonster

I'm sorry if I changed your story line. I was inspired with this one...