Daehyun 55

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “You need to make sure you pack everything!” I shouted up the stairs. My daughter popped her head from the stairs and scowled.

            “Dad, your voice is so loud we could hear it buried ten feet under it.”

            My wife came around the corner and raised her eyebrows. “Don’t talk to your father like that! He was just caring for you.”

            My little grumbled and rolled her eyes. I massaged my temples. What had happened to the happy baby I had taken care of before? My beautiful significant other nudged me. “Takes right after her father.”

            I glared at her and she started to squeeze my shoulders. “Relax. She’ll be in good hands.” I grumbled under my breath. I’m sure. A teenage girl, alone at a retreat, with other teenagers, boys included. I highly doubt that she would be in good hands.

            “Why did I agree to do this?”

            She laughed again. “Because it’s tradition and you know she would never let you off the hook if you didn’t allow her this one bit of freedom.”

            I rolled my eyes and kicked the table. “If I knew a daughter would be so difficult, I would have just stuck with sons.”

            She grabbed my arm and gave me a stern look. “Hey, hey. Watch it. You love your daughter very much.”

            “I know. I’m just worried.” She leaned in for a kiss and I wrapped my arms around her. She always knew how to make me feel better.           

            “Euw! Gross, mom, dad, I didn’t want to see that.” My wife pulled away and I saw my darling daughter come stomping down the steps with her suitcase in tow. She wrinkled her nose and I walked up to her.

            “You need to listen to the camp counselors and never go off alone with anybody, okay? If there is the slightest problem, you are to call me immediately.”

            She nodded. “Yeah, yeah. Dad this is a religious retreat okay. Not some sort of after party hookup.”

            “What?!” I shrieked. “What do you know about after party hookups?”

            She sighed. “Nothing. You always make sure I’m home on time anyway.”

            I breathed a small sigh of relief. “Good. Now I’m going to walk you to the gathering place. You said that there was a bus stop here right?”

            She looked mortified. “No daddy, please.”

            “Daehyun, don’t worry too much. She’s a big girl now. Let her walk these two blocks by herself. You can’t baby her forever.”

            I glared at her but she steamrolled on, pushing my daughter out the door. “You take care and like your father said, any problems, just call us. Be safe please!”

            When she turned back to me, she found me sulking on the couch with a big pout on my face. She laughed and pinched my cheeks. “Even after years of watching you protect her, I always get fuzzy inside. Stop your worrying. I trust our baby.”

            I nodded absentmindedly and she kissed my forehead. “Go and get ready for work before you sprout gray hairs.”

            I did as instructed and got out to the car.

            It was cold where I was. I stood there, shivering and hopping in the wind. I hoped she brought a thick enough jacket with her. Ridiculous, the sort of things parents had to agree to these days. I shook again and my teeth chattered slightly.

            There was a noise and I looked up to see a girl walk out hand in hand with another boy. My eyebrows rose. Well, I see. It was only when I heard the girl talk that I nearly went into cardiac arrest. It was my daughter. Why she was holding hands with this boy, I had no idea. Why she thought she could get away with it… well that mystified me even more.

            I called out her name and she turned in shock. The boy dropped her hand when he saw that it was me. I scrambled out of the bushes I had been hiding in and glared at my teenager.

            “I thought Daddy told you not to go out alone with boys?” I was furious.

            She turned red and groaned. “Daaaad. You can’t keep me under lock in key forever. Why are you even here? Oh my gosh. Does mom know?”

            “No, your mother is not aware that I am here but I am sure if I told her what almost ensued, she would approve wholeheartedly.”

            “This is so embarrassing! Why do you do this to me?”

            “My daughter was about to have her potential first kiss with some stranger I have never been introduced to. Do you think I can sit back and watch?” I turned to the boy. “And, you, sir. What’s your name?”

            The boy hesitated and stammered a little as he answered me. She tugged his hand. “You don’t need to tell him anything.”

            My eyebrows shot towards the sky. “Excuse me?”

            She walked to me and started pushing me away. “Dad, I know you’re protective but sometimes I need my own space too. I promise I wasn’t going to do anything. I just wanted to talk to him. I’ll pinky promise okay that before I kiss my first boyfriend, I’ll bring him home first, okay? Daddy, you look like you’re freezing. Go home and take a hot shower and tell Mommy to make you hot chocolate. I love you, now leave please.”

            I stared at my daughter and she placed her hands together in a pleading motion. I sighed. I kissed her cheek and hugged her. “You take care of yourself okay? And call me.” She nodded and I got into the car, watching until the two parted ways.

            When I got home, I found my wife getting off the phone. She raised her eyebrows at me and I shrugged. I bet she had just received news of where I had been for the past eight hours. “Jung Daehyun!” she shrieked.

            I blew her a kiss and pulled her with me into the bathroom. “Hey, how about we make use of the fact that the house is empty?” I raised my eyebrows suggestively and she screwed up one eye and glared at me.

            “Embarrassment,” she muttered.

            I laughed and leaned in, “I know. But as long as I keep her safe, I’m doing my job.”

 

for youreagoodgirl

I hope you liked it dear

Did you have fun? I changed it slightly to make it more universal.