Zelo 47

B.A.P. Oneshots II

If you guys can remember, I once wrote a friends with benefit with Baby Zelo. And a lot of you wanted a sequel, but I didn't write one. But this round, xxxilovekpopxxx asked for one, so for all of you who wanted it, thank her? ^=^ Enjoy guys. This one isn't rated though. Hahaha there were so many ways I can go with it, but I figured the sequel wasn't asked for another angsty ending. :P 

           You felt an emptiness inside of you as the days went on. You never really gave him much thought so the amount of time you spent now, consumed by him was alarming. You never knew you had any feeling for him so this was scary. You had broken up with your boyfriend a while ago. He just wasn’t making you happy. Whenever you closed your eyes, you could only picture Zelo.

            The realization that you could possibly like him was annoying, if you had to be honest. You never thought of yourself to be the type to be affected and yet, here you were, thinking about the boy almost every free moment of the day. And now you regretted walking out on him and deleting his number.

            You went to the pool because swimming and sunbathing helped you think. When you settled down in your chair, you spied a familiar figure across the pool from you and goddammit, your heart skipped one beat too many. He still had the pink hair he had when you last seen him. He had on sunglasses and was holding up a book.

            You contemplated getting up and talking to him but the two of you had never been talkers. Even now, when you were thinking about him, you knew that you couldn’t just talk to him. It would make everything more awkward than it already was. You stared at him, willing him to look up at you, like in the movies. But alas, that never happens.

            You took out your phone and furiously scrolled through your texts. You may have deleted his number, but his texts were still there. You saw the one thread where the number was a mix of numbers and knew it was him. For old times’ sake, you scrolled through it. The last text you sent him gave you shivers. It was when you flippantly told him you were over.

            You let out a heavy sigh. Maybe it was time for you to make the first move. After all, he had made the first move before. You watched him shift and take off his shirt before lying back down. The tattoo from last time was still there and you smiled, remembering it as he moved between you. You shook your thoughts from your head and shakingly started to compose a new text.

            Hey, stranger.

            You watched him take out his phone, after feeling the notification. He glanced down at his screen and for a second, his brows furrowed. You wondered what was going on in his head. Then his lips smoothed out and he placed the phone back down. Your heart hurt.

            You sent another text, covering your phone with your towel. That was rude. Weren’t you going to ask who it was? Aish. As if real strangers would actually have enough time to randomly text you.

            It was a more playful tone and you held your breath. It was so different from the way you were with him normally. You watched him pick up the phone again and this time, you felt a nauseated queasiness from nerves. His mouth curved into an actual smile and the tightness in your heart lessened a little. He ran his fingers over the screen and actually began typing.

            You dropped your head to stare intently at your screen. I don’t talk to strangers. It’s a drilled in rule from Momma Choi.

            You bit back a laugh. This reminded you of old times, when the two of you had been friends. You waited a little, thinking about what to answer. I can give you a few guesses as to who I am?

            As you sent this, you realized that there was an actual chance he may have deleted your number and that realization hurt you a little. But you had moved on, so why couldn’t he? You tapped your foot in anticipation.

            Sure. But I’m going to need hints. I don’t like being wrong.

            You looked at him. He had placed his phone back down and went back to reading. Was he so disinterested? You sighed and looked down. Female. Childhood friends. That’s all I’m giving you.

            You pulled your sunglasses over your eyes. You didn’t want to see him answering. That would prove to be too much. You tapped your foot eagerly and waited. What took him so long? You were about to explode. You peeked out at him, trying to see if he was answering. But he was still reading. His phone was by his side. You wanted to spam him with texts, letting him know that you had been dumb. But you didn’t.

            You tried to close your eyes, to fight back the hurt of rejection. You have had your chance and it was clear you’ve blown it. You shook your leg impatiently and then suddenly, there was a loud splash and water was over you.

            You shrieked and opened your eyes. He was standing right in front you, smiling his adorable mischievous grin. Your heart pounded and you knew you made the right choice.

            “Move over.” You did and he sat on your cot. “Did you think I really forgot about you?”

            Now that he was here, you were at a loss for words. You sat up and stared at him. He had gotten a little older, sharper features but he was still Zelo. He grinned at you and slid his glasses off so you could see his eyes.

            “Welcome back.” And just like that, you were forgiven.