Daehyun 67

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Honey, I’m home!” Daehyun walked through the door and placed his bag down on the floor. He took off the suffocating suit jacket and unloosened his tie.

            “That’s great. We’re about to start eating,” his wife responded.

            Almost as if on cue, his stomach rumbled and Daehyun patted it gently. “Patience. You’re about to be fed soon. And the longer you wait, the more you can eat.” Clearly, his stomach didn’t care for his excuses because it sounded again.

            He walked into the kitchen. His wife was carefully cutting the meat into tiny pieces and he watched as she went to snip the noodles into smaller strands. He went up to her and placed his head on her shoulder. “Ah,” he whined cutely, hoping she would take pity and feed him some.

            She didn’t even twist her head to look his way. “Get off me. Go entertain your children. Jaylie is bouncing off the walls.”

            Daehyun let out a long sigh and reached over to take some of the cut carrots but she slapped his hands away. “You can eat later. Adult food, grown up noms. Stop acting like a child.”

            He wrinkled his nose at her and secretly stole a shredded piece of bread as he walked to the dining room. “Daehyun, I saw that!” she called and he chuckled as he left.

            “Daddy!” his three year old daughter slammed into him with a loud oomph. He dropped on his knees and hugged her in a tight grip.

            “Jay-Princess!” She giggled and pointed at her brother, who was trying to get off the couch.

            “What about Daemin?” she asked earnestly.

            Daehyun whispered, “Dae-monster, rawr!” He stood up and went to pick up his son who blew a loud raspberry in welcome. The infant cooed happily and spread his chubby arms around “Daehyun’s neck as he scrambled for a tighter footing, competing with his sister.

            “Jaylie, come here and help mommy set up the dishes!”

            She jumped off her father and ran into the kitchen to grab the chopsticks and spoons. Daehyun strapped Daemin into the high chair and sat down at his place. When his wife placed his plate in front of him, he grabbed her hand and kissed it. “Thank you,” he smiled at her.

            She blushed and moved her hand away. “Not in front of the kids.” But he could tell from the bright smile that wouldn’t fade from her face that she was pleased. Daehyun watched her continue to bring out food from the kitchen and let out a tiny sigh.

            There was something really enticing about the sliced up carrots and the baby balls of bread. He looked at the cut pieces of meat and his lips. Ever since Jaylie was born, he has always managed to find a way to steal her food, because for some reason, her cut pieces of food always looked better than his did.

            But now Jaylie was older and it would be harder to take the food. Daehyun sighed. If only he could just request that she cut his food for him too. But he knew that was impossible and she would only laugh.

            When everyone was served, his wife sat next to Daemin and picked up a tiny piece of bread. “Say ah, Daemin. Come on. Let’s show daddy our new tooth.” The baby opened his mouth obediently and she popped in the bread and Daehyun watched him mash it with a slight twinge of envy. She picked up a small carrot and Daehyun’s stomach clamored for it.

            His wife shot him a look. “Dae, why aren’t you eating? Aren’t you hungry?”

            He nodded and picked up his chopsticks. “Yeah. It tastes really good.” He took a large bite and watched as she continued to feed his son the short strands of noodle. He looked up at his daughter, who was also stabbing her meat with her chopsticks. She popped the small morsel in and chewed it happily.

            As she went to pick up another piece, Daehyun his lips. Self-control, he admonished himself. He had to overcome this strange craving. He looked down but couldn’t help but think of how convenient it would be to have the meat cut for him rather than cut it himself.

            “Daemin, do you want this piece of meat, or this one?” He looked up to see his wife hold up both tiny pieces and sighed. Must be nice to be so well served.

            He looked at his daughter and took the plunge. “Hey, Jaylie,” he whispered. She looked at him curiously and he shot his wife a look. She wasn’t paying attention. “Want to feed daddy some of your meat?”

            She giggled and picked up the meat just like her mother was and held it in front of Daehyun’s mouth. “Say ah, daddy.” She was laughing as she said it.

            Daehyun opened wide and she popped it in. Daehyun savored the taste in his mouth. It was like a throwback to his childhood all over again. He opened his mouth for another one and she dropped a carrot in. “Daddy you’re such a big baby,” she laughed.

            He smiled happily at her and looked up to find both wife and son staring at him weirdly. He waved at them sheepishly. “Sorry, I was just playing around.”

            Daemin clapped his hands but his wife only raised her eyebrows. Daehyun dropped his head and focused on his food. He was happy. But when he walked into the kitchen to help her clear the dishes, she grabbed his arm and pulled him against him.

            Daehyun’s eyes widened. “The kids,” he stammered.

            “The what?” she asked. “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing, Daehyun. I see the way you eye your children’s food.”

            He blushed and tried to maintain as much dignity as he could. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

            She hissed at him as she came closer. “You even asked Jaylie to feed you. If you really want, you can just tell me that you want your food cut too.”

            His eyes widened. “Really?”

            She snorted and slapped his arm. “You’re such a big baby.”

            An evil glint came into his eye and he bent down to try to kiss her. “I’ll show you later that I’m not.” But he was promptly interrupted by a loud squeal from his daughter.

            “Daemin, daddy’s kissing mommy!”

 

OH MY FEELS.

The album is amazing and so is the song. And so apparently is Daehyun. WELL

jkadhgkjadhgjkadhkjghdaj