Youngjae 53

B.A.P. Oneshots II

Don't read this guys. I love Badman and I'm pissed at all the people who keep saying it's racist and how B.A.P's music quality is slipping. The boys are proud of it so who are we to judge. Honestly. I'm annoyed, and tired. And I don't like this story. At all. I don't even know what I'm writing to be very honest. I'm sorry. I wanted it to be good but I can't. I've been trying to write this for three hours. I'm going to collapse. Read only if you're curious. Otherwise, it's all just words on a page.  I may have redeemed myself in the end though... I don't know 

            There was a loud heated argument currently ensuing at the table in the far right corner of the cafeteria and all eyes were on the boy who was standing. He was gesturing with his arms wildly and saying something that sounded like it would make sense except there was another boy who stood up and started arguing back.

            To onlookers, it looked as if a fight was about to break out. There were four other boys sitting at the table. One was watching intently, one was trying not to laugh and the other two were sort of blinking, taking all this in. Then there was a loud plop as the second boy sat down. “Fine, just take all my food.”

            This was when everyone else burst into laughter. Of course the two of them would be arguing over food. The first boy shook is hair out of his eyes and rolled his eyes. “Goodness, Daehyun. All you had to say was that you were hungry. You didn’t need to go into all those excuses about germs and bacteria. Especially when you don’t know your biology as well as I do.” He raised his eyebrows and the boy he had been arguing with threw a napkin at him.

            “You can take your peristalsis and virus home, Youngjae.”

            Youngjae smirked and sat back. “I’ll do that the next time you say that you were hungry because the bacteria in your large intestine was consuming your food too quickly.”

            It was a typical at their table. The arguing and the sass that emanated from Youngjae was very common. He sat back smugly and dared anyone else to challenge him. ‘Come on guys. I need to have an intelligent argument today. Come at me.”

            The boy who had been trying not to laugh rolled his eyes. “You debaters are always of the same type, always wanting to argue. How about you shut it for once?”

            “What Himchan-Hyung said,” the other two said.

            But the oldest boy at the table leaned forward and nodded. “Alright, Youngjae. Answer this. Why is it that you like to sing? Let’s go for more philosophical rather than just logic. What is it about singing that makes you really happy and why do you keep doing it?”

            Youngjae nodded confidently and started to speak. “It’s become more than a hobby; it’s a passion. At first it was just fun to be able to feel the music but now it’s become something more. It’s something I really would like to do when I get older. I want to be able to make an impact. I like songs with memorable tunes because it feels like it’ll be easier to remember and make a lasting impression. Songs with meaningful lyrics also help to spread my message.”

            The older boy nodded. “Very good. Now, do you like the technique of singing or do you like the music? Would playing an instrument satisfy you?”

            “No, because the voice is my own. I can express myself through my own terms. But I feel like if I have to rely on another median, it wouldn’t work.”

            “I have another question for you, and this one is completely different.  What makes you think it’s okay to start arguments in the cafeteria? You may be sitting in the corner but damn, your table is loud.”

            It was a different voice and Youngjae’s head snapped up. The moment he saw the girl standing before him, he blushed. His mouth fell open and Daehyun ducked his head, snorting with unrepressed laughter. Life was good when someone could make Youngjae shut up.

            “Oh, hey,” all of a sudden, his voice was deeper, smoother and everyone at the table snickered, glad their faces were turned so she couldn’t see their reactions.

            She tossed her hair to the side and smiled at him. “Well? I was sitting across the cafeteria from you and I could hear you. Don’t you think that’s a tad inconsiderate? Couldn’t you be quieter?”

            He blushed deeply and shrugged. “I didn’t realize my voice carried.”

            An eyebrow rose and she let a small smile grace her features. “You’re telling me that the physics genius doesn’t understand how sound travels and doesn’t know how things work?”

            Youngjae blinked rapidly. “No, I just didn’t realize I was so loud. Maybe it was because you were-” He stopped, unsure of what he was going to say.

            “Maybe it was because?” she prompted him.

            “Maybe if you weren’t listening to me so intently,” he finished but even though the line was meant to be a smart mouth comeback, it fell through.

            She laughed a little. “Oh believe me. I wasn’t trying that hard at all. You made my job really easy for me. I’ll see you in class.” She waved and walked off.

            Himchan looked at the still beet red boy in front of him. “Well, that was a mixed reaction. She either really hates you or she really likes you.”

            Youngjae covered his ears and ran his palms down his face. “Oh, I sounded like such an idiot. What in the world happened?” He moaned into his hands.

            Daehhyun raised an eyebrow and looked smug. “This is what happens when you focus on bacteria and not girls. You don’t know how to handle them when the situation comes up.”