Daehyun 66

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “So what’s the best way to ask a girl out?”

            You looked down at your best friend. He was lying on his stomach, swinging his legs in the air and looking at you innocently. You pursed your lips. “Who are you planning on asking?”

            He shrugged. “Nobody. I’m doing a segment on it for the school television. They really like Roving Reporter Jung.”

            You snorted. “It’s because you talk so darn much. Of course they like it. You have no shame. You just barge in and ask all the questions. Don’t think I’ve forgotten what you did with prom, asking if people were actually asking their significant others or the people they’d like to go home with to the after party.”

            He winked at you. “Someone has to do the dirty job.” You shoved his arm and he swayed slightly. “Come on, give me some tips.”

            “Aren’t you supposed to wait until you interview the other people for this?”

            “I’ll interview you first. I haven’t interviewed you since the first segment. Come on.” He reached into his pocket for a recorder. “Go on, Miss.”

            You laughed and thought. “I guess it depends on the girl.”

            He rolled his eyes. “Don’t you remember what the segment is about? It’s about you and your personal opinion. So tell me, how would your ideal boyfriend ask you out?”

            You laid down on the grass and squinted at the clouds passing by. “I don’t know. I would really want him to surprise me.”

            “Big surprise or small surprise? How public or private? Romantic, cute, or just to the point? Come on, lady! You need to give me something to work with.”

            “I guess I don’t mind public as long as it’s not long and drawn out and embarrassing. It has to be clever. I don’t mind people knowing. I mean, a relationship should be open, isn’t it? And cute would be fine. I don’t like flowers and candy. That’s too clichéd.”

            “Ah, so you like the weird ones?”

            “I mean don’t ask me out using worms or something. Just something unique, that nobody has ever seen before. Do you have someone in mind?” You turned to look at him and he reddened before he composed himself.

            “Nah, I’m married to my microphone.” And then he jumped up, giving you his obnoxious laughter. “Thanks for the tips! I gotta go interview other people now.” He waved at you and sauntered off. You watched him go and shook your head. Tomorrow would be an interesting episode.

            “Hello and welcome to another segment of Roving Reporter Jung! Last week we talked about prom dos and don’ts, and today we’re going to extend that a little further into how to ask a girl out. So I went around, asked a couple of beautiful ladies as well some guys who do actually get some, and here I am!”

            The camera panned to show Daehyun with his signature banana microphone. The entire class laughed as Daehyun waved. You shot the boy next to you a look and saw that he was watching the screen intently, not focusing on you. You frowned a little. What was wrong?
            “Dae, you okay?” He was breathing hard, as if trying not to hyperventilate. He jumped a little at your touch.

            He looked at you and then looked away. “Huh, yeah.”

            “-make sure that she feels completely loved.” The boy was saying.

            “Ah, so would you say go all out?”

            “Don’t embarrass her, that’s all.” And then Daehyun laughed.

            “And now, ladies and gentlemen, the interview that really mattered.”

            Your voice came on.   “I guess I don’t mind public as long as it’s not long and drawn out and embarrassing. It has to be clever. I don’t mind people knowing. I mean, a relationship should be open, isn’t it? And cute would be fine. I don’t like flowers and candy. That’s too clichéd.”

            “Ah, so you like the weird ones?” his question was repeated.

            “I mean don’t ask me out using worms or something. Just something unique, that nobody has ever seen before. Do you have someone in mind?”

            Then the voice recorder was turned off and Daehyun came back onto the screen. “In answer to your question,” and the screen went blank only to show up with a slideshow of pictures of the two of you.    

            Your cheeks burned. This time it was you who kept your gaze on the screen. Everyone around you were tittering and staring at the two of you. Daehyun’s voice was in the background. “I honestly really like you. Do you see the way your head tilts when you smile? And that obnoxiously cute oomph you have after you’ve laughed too hard. I like everything about you, including the fact that you eat almost as much as I do, and that’s a feat. I love the way your eyes crinkle when you’re trying to hold in your tears and I think you’re the best friend I’ve ever had. See all these memories? Haha, and I still remember your first reaction when I walked up to you with a banana. You asked if I were practicing for my future profession. But I’m just going to tell you, that girl, I am very, very straight.”

            There was more laughter and you stole a look at Daehyun. He was biting his lips. “You wanted something cute, and I don’t know if this is cute enough. But, I honestly hope, when you see this, you’ll turn around and I guess, one kiss for yes, and one punch in the arm for no. Will you go out with me?”

            The screen went back to him and there he was, standing with his banana microphone, smiling at you.

            You looked at him and saw that his eyes were closed. Your heart melted. He was so cute. You leaned over, and in front of everyone who could see you, you kissed his cheek. His eyes opened slowly and he turned his head to look at you and your lips almost brushed but you pulled back.

            There was his classic eyesmile and five seconds later, his fist was before his mouth and he was laughing obnoxiously. “Really? Ahahahaha,” and he jumped up and pulled you with him and he swung you around.  

 

This is for kpoplife1

I cried when typing this too because all my Dae feels.

I CANNOT WITH MYSELF. 

Badman comeback. I'M SO EXCITED OMG