B.A.P Special - Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots II

This one is super special because woogyuinf requested for a sequel to the One Shot Oneshot I posted :P There will be a double update on Saturday just a head's up :D 

            They were released within a few months on a lack of evidence. When their handcuffs were taken off and the police gruffly pushed the five of them outside, it took a while to adjust to the sunlight. “So, free men aren’t we?” Himchan commented.

            The others were examining one another, checking for scars and any harm but Yongguk was off to the side. Three months later, he still couldn’t understand the betrayal; he still didn’t understand how someone could take apart a family, infiltrate it and then turn his back and destroy all the love he has been given.

            Yongguk hated himself, and he hated Youngjae. He should have known when he saw Youngjae hunched over his shirts, looking up with a startled yet sheepish expression. He should have let his instincts take over. Instead, he let his irrational love for the poor boy he thought had been abandoned take over.

            He wanted to hit himself. Even now, he remembered Youngjae asking him why he trusted him and Daehyun saying that he had a great gut feeling. He let out a savage laugh and Himchan looked over.

            “Are you still thinking about him?”

            Yongguk sighed. “It’s hard not to. For ninety days, I’ve been thinking, watching all the horrors that’s gone on in that place and wondered why he had to do us in. We’re not even one of the bigger gangs. Why us?” He shook his head and turned to examine the younger ones. “Are you all alright? I heard Daehyun you got into a fight.” He examined the boy’s cut lip, still not healed.

            Daehyun’s eyes were still aggressive, of all the other boys, he had gotten closest to Youngjae. “I ing hate him,” he spat.

            Yongguk held Daehyun to him. “Let’s go. We have business to take care of. And I want to see if our den still held up. Who knows if some rogues have gotten in.”

            It wasn’t hard to settle back into their original lifestyle. Yongguk made sure they were more cautious but for the most part, operations ran smoothly. They ran underground operations for any larger organizations who couldn’t take the risk and things were easing. Youngjae was almost forgotten.

            Every night Yongguk spent time in front of his computer, trying to hack the police systems and find out who exactly was this boy who had so ingenuously tricked him and left them out to dry. He wasn’t about to make the same mistakes twice.

            Yongguk finally found a way into the system and spent nights finding out Youngjae’s background. He was a prodigy, having joined early. His background was fuzzy but due to exceptional high scores, he was able to get into the best police academy and was quickly accepted to high positions. The interesting part was that he was currently on a leave of absence, his last recorded arrest mission, theirs.

            Yongguk tapped his chin. Why did he suddenly take a leave of absence? This only intrigued him more and he decided to ask around. He contacted the gang who had worked together with Youngjae. They were mostly disbanded; the police had cut a deal with them but one talked.

            “That kid? Ran away from the police, looks like. Heard he had a mental breakdown shortly after and went a little,” he made a whirling motion with his finger and clucked his tongue.

            Yongguk raised his eyebrows. “Any idea where he is?”

            “Yeah, our place.”

            This piqued his interest and Yongguk requested to meet him but the man was a little hesitant. “Come on. Bygones be bygones. I won’t be holding a grudge against him. And I highly doubt that he went crazy with no reason.”

            They planned a meeting for the next night. When Yongguk got up, he saw that Himchan was up. “Where did you go?”

            Yongguk stared at him, contemplating whether to tell him. “I found Youngjae.”

            Himchan’s jaw tightened. “Why. He’s done enough damage.”

            The older man stared at the hole Youngjae had made when he had been learning how to shoot. And the boy had pretended he couldn’t shoot. Bull . He had gotten the highest awards during armed weaponry training.

            “I need closure.”

            Himchan rested a hand on Yongguk’s shoulder. “You do that. But if you dare bring him home and wreak more harm for my boys, I will fight you.” He patted his friend and turned to walk in.

            Inside, Yongguk wondered if Youngjae had a good story and he questioned why he wanted to know so badly. But he knew that there was something off with Youngjae and he wanted to know what. He stared at the large cross he wore and kissed it. It had been given to him by a father figure, the person who had taught him that family was everything, the key to success, and that was what Yongguk lived by. 

            They met where the two had agreed and Yongguk’s heart skipped a beat when he saw the familiar slope of the boy trudging up to him. Youngjae laughed and for a second, Yongguk remembered the day when he had shown him his badge and raised his hand in salute. He felt a surge of hate until Youngjae spoke.

            “I’m sorry.” The words came out in a whisper and there was a pained expression in his face. Yongguk was taken aback and Youngjae took another deep breath. “All my life, I’ve been trained to take orders, to do what I have to do. I never had a family. You were my family. I’ve never grown up with one and I finally had the chance. I didn’t know what made me continue my mission but I knew you were willing to die for me. And when I saw the police take you away, I hated myself.” There was a crack in his voice and Yongguk clenched his jaw. This boy was a bigger con artist than Daehyun. He had to be cautious.

            But the pain in the younger boy’s eyes was real. “I gave it all up for fame, for another order in my life. I couldn’t do it. I forged the documents, I destroyed all the evidence. I made sure you guys were set free. It had to take a while but I hope all of you are okay.”

            Yongguk stared at him and trusted his gut instinct, again. He held out his arms and when Youngjae collapsed into them, he whispered, like he did three months ago, “You’re safe now. You’re back to family.” And when he felt Youngjae’s shuddering sobs against his chest, Yongguk knew he made the right choice.