Himchan 46

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “All you need to do is sign these papers and then you’re good to go!” The woman slid over the papers and Himchan signed them with a flourish. You peeked at the documents before being completely distracted by the bundle in your arms.

            You carefully peeled away the blankets and cooed at the sleeping baby. There was a red bruise on his cheek that you knew was a permanent birthmark and would never go away. Himchan diligently signed all the papers before giving it back to the woman.

            “Thank you. We can take our son home now right?”

            “Yes. We appreciate your support of our foundation.”

            Himchan nodded and gently took your hand. “Look, isn’t he perfect?”

            You admired the way he was sleeping and giggled. “Remember all those documents and red tape we had to go through just to prove that we were decent people who could be trusted with a child?”

            He grinned. “Yeah and we finally made it through. I wish we could adopt more kids though.”

            You tapped his nose. “Not yet, silly. Don’t you want kids of our own first?”

            Himchan reverently placed the baby into the newly bought car seat and held the door open for you. “Happy birthday, dear. Are you happy?”

            You twisted so you could look at the baby boy behind you and nodded. “Very much so.” Himchan gave you a happy smile.

            “Then let’s go and get some dinner to celebrate!”

            The baby brought on smiles from everyone in the restaurant. Some women peered cautiously at the birthmark and clucked when you said it would be permanent. “Such a shame. He’s such a sweet boy.”

            Their remarks made you a little angry. A little mark shouldn’t be anything to be talked about. But you kept your comments to yourself. Himchan, on the other hand, looked ready to open his mouth whenever they said something.

            You fed the baby his formula and he sat in his high chair, looking out at everything and cooing in delight whenever he saw something that entertained him. Himchan tried to feed him mashed up bits of food but you stopped him. “You don’t want to choke the poor baby.”

            He gave you a small smile and stood up. “Hold on. I have a surprise for our son.”

            You took him from the high chair and placed him in your lap as you waited for your husband to come back. “What exactly does daddy have in store for you, hmm?” You asked the baby. You kissed his cheek and he let out a tiny squeal. “We had to go through a lot of trouble to get you, you know? But you’re the best birthday present I could possibly have.”

            The baby boy turned his head and looked at you unblinking. You made your face scrunch up and pretended to snap your teeth playfully at the baby. He wiggled around and you patted his cheek, the birthmark. That made you sad.

            “It’s such a shame your parents would give you up just because of the birthmark on your cheek. I still think you’re the most perfect thing to ever happen to this earth.” You kissed the red mark and the baby blinked. “We’re going to love you and you’re going to be the luckiest boy ever.”

            A second later, Himchan walked in with a large stuffed dog by his side. He placed it next to your son. “Here, meet your new best friend. He’s going to be your companion for life and whenever you feel lonely and if you can’t come talk to us, you can always talk to him.”

            The baby reached out a small fist and grabbed onto the gray fur. He let out a small ‘oh’ of surprise and Himchan smiled.  “When I was young, I had a stuffed animal to talk to too.”

            You looked at him and Himchan reached over to touch the baby’s cheek. “We’re going to have to give him a lot of love. This scar will always hinder him but we’re going to make sure he’s proud of it.”

            You took his hand and kissed his fingers. “You’re so perfect.”

            Himchan shook his head. “You’re perfect. Our new son is perfect. Our family is perfect.” 

 

I'm feeling like I'm losing it again.

I need to update every day or else I'll never finish. So please bare with me if these chapters are boring for now. I promise, I'll get my inspiration back.