Yongguk 68

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Cheah, ya nam saying?” Yongguk rapped as he moved his arms.

            Behind him a small voice, “Cheah, ya nam saying,” squeaked and he turned around in time to see his five year old motioning in the same way. Yongguk laughed and reached out for him.

            “Yongwon, are you learning to be a hip hop star like appa?”

            The little kid nodded and Yongguk’s wife let out an amused chuckle. “Isn’t one rap star in the family enough?”

            Yongwon held up his arms for his father and shook his head simultaneously. “No!” She sighed deeply and glared at Yongguk playfully.

            “You make sure he studies as hard you did too. Same conditions apply.”

            Yongguk flashed her a smile. “Of course, baby.”

            Yongguk lifted Yongwon into the car and started to drive towards the studio. It was bring your kids to work day and Yongwon had always wanted to see Yongguk at work so this was the perfect opportunity. He carried his son out of the car and Yongwon squealed. He recognized the nice building that he sometimes visited but he never got to stay for long.

            “Do I stay today?” he asked his father and clapped his hands when Yongguk nodded.

            The boy ran into the studio and saw that there was already another kid in there. Yongguk waved to Himjong and walked over proudly. “My dad is teaching me how to be a hip hop star.”

            Himjong laughed. “Really? I’m learning how to be an MC. Dad says he’s the voice of B.A.P,” the other boy boasted.

            Yongwon looked at his father and Yongguk laughed. “Come on, let’s go to the studio.” Yongwon waved goodbye to his friend and followed his father to the elusive room. He looked around in awe and poked gently at the large equipment.

            Yongguk smiled at his son. “The first thing you need to master is something called swag.”

            “Swag?” Yongwon repeated.

            Yongguk nodded encouragingly. “Yeah. It’s something that our people like to call Something We Asians Got, but actually, it’s just the essence of cool. You need to be able to pull off being able to say anything, do anything and make it seem like it was meant to be.”

            Yongwon’s mouth was wide open as he observed his father. Yongguk adjusted his cap and started off with a low “Chyeah.” Yongwon mouthed it along with his dad, trying to memorize it. Yongguk closed his eyes and started to motion with his hands as he started off with a slow rap. Yongwon’s mouth fell open. How did his daddy make it look so easy?

            Yongguk paused and looked at Yongwon. “You’re still young. You can make it cute. Come on, just move your hands in a rhythm and get into it.” He reached over to turn on a slow tune. Yongwon nodded his head to the beat and started to make his hands move to the music.

            “Chyeah,” he squeaked and Yongguk nodded in approval. He started to rap a little, slowly because his daddy’s style was much easier than his LTE rapping Uncle Junhong. Yongwon gasped at the end and Yongguk clapped him on the back.

            “Very nice! Do you want a break or another lesson?”

            “Another lesson!” he begged, afraid to let his father go.

            Yongguk sat down and smiled. “Because hip hop is based a lot on American music, it’s important sometimes to include English. You’re going to be learning proper English in school but sometimes, you can just say whatever you like. One line from “Hurricane” is “Seoul, Tokyo, and New York City, Beijing , Hong Kong, Berlin, I guess I got a feeling,” it’s just a couple of lines that sound cool strung together.”

            Yongwon’s head was hurting. “I think that’s a little too much,” Yongguk laughed.

            “Okay, just try saying your name and trying to make it sound cool. You can change the dynamics of your voice if you wanted. Make your voice a different tone and do different vibrations if you like.”

            Yongwon looked uncertain and Yongguk jokingly said, “Ya nam saying?”

            His son grinned and started to make little beat boxing noises with his mouth. “Chyeah, my name is Yongwan,” he rapped in English. The little boy nodded his head to the beat and moved his body to the rhythm. “B-bang Bang Yongnam and I guess I got a feeling.” And then he stopped and looked at his father. “That’s it,” he admitted in a small voice, afraid he had disappointed his father.

            Yongguk hugged his son. “That was excellent. I think I have the makings of a future hip hop star right here.”

            Yongwon bit his lip shyly. “Really, Daddy?”

            Yongguk nodded. “Bang Yongguk and Bang Yongnam out ta rock your world. Are you ready? Chyeah, let’s rock this house tonight.  Ya nam saying? We outtie.” And he took his son’s hands and the two of them went out to get lunch before the other members and their kids could take everything.

 

This is for DuckbuttxxDolphin

HOLY COW. HURRICANE. I CANNOT 

DAEHYUNS FALSETTOES NOPE. AND THE WAY HE POLE DANCED. NOPE NOPE NOPE

AND THEN THERES' YOUNGJAE AND HIS PERFECTION. WOW 

HIMCHAN AND CARS. FIRST IN ONE SHOT AND NOW HERE. NOPE. 

THE LOOF IS ON FIYAH INDEED. UGH

AND JONGLO'S DANCE BREAK

AND YOU HAVE YONGGUK

MY HEART 

I ACTUALLY DON'T EXPECT TO LIKE SUCH A CLUB SONG BUT I DO