Zelo 43

B.A.P. Oneshots II

 

            It was supposed to be a private matter, just between Zelo and the love of his life but it soon turned into something… not so private. He had planned the confession for some time. It was simple and classy. All he had to do was meet up with her, and tell her. No need for anything big because she was a simple person and so was he.      

            Zelo tapped his hands and scowled to himself. But now because of his hyungs he now had to make sure he did something kind of big, at least big enough to satisfy Himchan. When they asked him casually how he planned on confessing and Zelo had replied with, “Just telling her,” Himchan probably had a heart attack. Or at least it was bad enough that Yongguk had to tear him out of the living room. Daehyun and Youngjae had both collapsed on the ground.

            The youngest one of the group was confused. What was so bad about just telling her? That was straightforward and no guessing games. To be honest, all these large confessions were too much. If you liked the girl, you just tell her. That’s it. But now that the cat was out of the bag, he might as well go along with it.

            Except, Zelo was stuck. He didn’t really know how to do it. What if doing it publically would increase the chances of being turned down? To which Jongup reassured, “No girl would really shame the guy like that. Especially not if he’s you!”

            He blushed and shook the hair out of his eyes. Urgh, now he had to actually go out and buy something. He scuffed his toes and walked back and forth, pacing in his room. He couldn’t decide what he wanted to do. He knew that with everyone watching he had to make sure what he did was worthwhile but nothing came to mind.

            He glanced at his calendar and saw that there was a special date coming up for their school in two days. It was a pep rally and there was going to be a lot of people. She’ll be there, he’ll get to ask her and Himchan would be happy.

            Now for the how. The who, when, where was set but not the how. He figured maybe something sweet and simple could work. He started to laugh maniacally. He realized what exactly he could do. Eureka! Epiphany! He started to celebrate.

            The day of the pep rally came quickly and Himchan asked, “So got anything planned?” He nodded mysteriously and kept silent, shaking his leg and wondering if it’ll actually work.

            The pep rally started as all pep rallies did. There was the fanfare and the band and the people marching in. He kept his gaze on her the whole time. She was decked in their school uniform and colors and was waving the flags happily, laughing with her friends.

            He took a deep breath and waited for the people to finish laughing. The band was taking its time marching across the field. They were playing all the school songs and he stood, clapping. Himchan tugged on his shirt. “When are you doing it?”

            He shushed his hyung and waited for the cheerleaders to come out. The cheerleaders had prepared a whole new routine on his request and was making hearts and spinning around in swirls. He hoped she was watching but her attention was on her friend. Zelo sighed. This was so much harder than just talking to her and telling her.

            He wished he could jump up and yell at her to look, to pay attention. The band started to play and she paid attention. Zelo got out of his seat and made his way down. He waited for the cheerleaders to be done with their routine and made his way before the football players. Some of them slapped him on the back, wishing him luck.

            The cheerleaders finished and he made his way to the middle of the field. The entire crowd rose in anticipation. Was he a new act? What was this? The head cheerleader handed him her bullhorn and he took a deep breath.

            He called her name and he saw her eyes widen. She stood up when her friend pushed her up. He coughed nervously and then placed the microphone down. Everyone deflated slightly. Was that it? And Zelo could swear he heard Himchan sigh.

            He picked up his hands and placed them into the shape of a heart. There was a sign that unfurled behind him. “Go out with me?” And then he walked off the field and made his way towards her in the seats. 

 

gosh i cant write this anymore

i'm sorry guys 

I had a mental breakdown while writing this and so i couldn't make it longer or anything

I'll be back tomorrow