Daehyun 118

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “And then Kekemato looked out of the spaceship and gasped. ‘Oh! I see it! It’s a large blue ball but I can see light shining from it. Ah! It’s blinding me!’ But at Keke’s exclamations, all the other matokis came running and baby Totomato said in awe, ‘Wow, Earth is so beautiful.’” Daehyun looked out at the little kids who were sitting, spread legged in front of him, gazing up at him in absolute adoration.

            He shifted the giant Kekemato doll onto his other arm and continued to speak through it. “Keke thought that it was best to steer the ship away from Earth and towards the moon It was less bright but Shishimato wasn’t having any of it. ‘We came to conquer the Earth, so Earth we must land on,’” he said the dialogue in a deeper voice to imitate what the commander’s voice should sound like.

            He took the doll’s arms and pretended to have it steer a make believe ship. “There was the increasing of speed, a hurtling past the moon, into the rim of barrier atmospheric gasses and then the spaceship was in. Tatsmato was shouting instructions and the ground came closer and closer. ‘We’re gonna crash!’ Screamed a very panicked Jokomato but Keke quickly steered the ship so that it landed on its belly. The ship bounced a couple of times until finally coming to a stop. The six Mato warriors walked out of the ship and looked around. All they saw was a barren wasteland. To be continued next time.”

            There was a loud chorus of groans and Daehyun smiled. “Remember you’re supposed to help me with the surprise today? Come here. When the pretty unnie walks in, you’re going to keep her here. The boys will come with me and we’re going to do like we practiced, okay?”

            The children grinned with excitement, knowing a little what was about to happen, but still happy to be a part of it.

            Daehyun took his boys to the back and quickly changed into a suit. The younger boys watched him. “Do you like Noona?” They asked him.

            He grinned a little shyly. “Isn’t she very pretty?”

            One of her bigger fans, an eight year old with a missing tooth, stood up and nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! Noona always gives me extra cookies.”

            Daehyun ruffled his hair. “Alright, Sungjong remember you need to take the flowers. So when the girls start making noise outside, we’re going to all walk out and Hyunwoo can hold Kekemato. I’m going to have the cake but you need to make sure that you’re all singing beautifully when I come out, okay?”

            They nodded eagerly. The song, which was a love song they barely understood, was something that they had been learning every time Daehyun came to the orphanage. It gave them something to do and some children found hidden talents.

            There was suddenly a loud sound from outside and Daehyun’s heart thumped. He knelt down in front of Yijong, the youngest. “Jongie, do you want to go first?” He handed the three year old a stuffed toy and the toddler nodded before running out into the next room.

            The older boys shuffled into the line that they had practiced and on Daehyun’s instructions slowly marched out. He strained his ears and heard her laugh out of delight. “Aren’t you boys something?”

            Daehyun took a deep breath and picked up the cake. He straightened and forced his feet move. One step in front of the other, take it slow. He paused and hearing the boys hit the end of the first stanza, Daehyun walked out.

An angel like you~

            The first thing he took note of was the pile of children surrounding her, waiting eagerly to see what happened. And then he dared look at her. hung open and she was shocked. He continued singing, the mechanical movement making it easier for him as he approached her.

            He set the cake down, never once breaking eye contact and then took the giant Kekemato doll from Hyunwoo. He knelt down on one leg and presented the stuffed doll to her. “Will you please accept my heart?”

            There was a silence and then he heard one of the younger girls whisper, “Unnie, take Keke.”

            He kept his eyes on the ground but felt her take the doll from her. She picked up the box that Keke had in his arms and opened it. Daehyun’s heart thumped. He knew she was looking at the bracelet he had gotten her.

            “Noona! Say something!” Sungjong demanded.

            Daehyun barely suppressed his nervous grin. If anything, the kids would pressure her into saying yes. She rushed forward then and nearly knocked him to the ground with the force of her hug. “Yes, Daehyun. Oh my gosh, why would you go through so much?” But she was laughing and he finally allowed himself to smile.

            The giant stuffed animal was between the two of them but he still managed to hug her as they stood up among the clamor of children. “Cake! Daehyun-Hyung, we want cake!”

            The new couple happily cut the slices and passed the cake out to the kids before sitting in the corner by themselves. She was hugging Kekemato and staring at Daehyun as he smiled like an idiot back at her.

            “Thank you, Dae.”

            He grinned and pretended to brush it off. “There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you anyway. For a second there I thought you were going to reject me, though.”

            “You know, I half wanted to just to see the kids argue on your behalf.”

            Daehyun inched closer and smiled. “Would you have listened to them?”

            “Of course because the answer was yes from the start.”

 

Just two more oneshots. I'm getting excited haha 

Please be on the lookout for new announcements.