Youngjae 86

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You walked out from your graduation, basking in the glow of the sunset and the feeling of being one hundred percent done with school. Sure there was college, but that was a new chapter. Your parents hugged you and asked you what you wanted to do now that you were free.

            “How do you want to celebrate?”

            You were going to choose the usual, a dinner or something together, when a hand landed on your shoulder. “How are you?” Your long time best friend bowed to your parents and smiled almost apologetically. “I’m going to be stealing her for a bit, if that’s okay.”

            Your parents smiled and consented; they’ve always loved Youngjae. He steered you away from the crowd and to the sidewalk where his car was waiting. “What is this? You don’t show up to my graduation, but you come at the end to snatch me away and prevent me from having family time with my parents?”

            He smiled at you and bowed deeply as he opened the door. “My many apologies. I had errands to run and you’re my last one. Or rather, you’re the beginning of the end.”

            You got in, hitching your gown and dress with you as you struggled to not trip over your heels. “Stop being so mysterious. What’s going on?”

            Youngjae got into the car on the other side and looked at you. “We’re going on a grand adventure.”

            “Grand adventure? In your car?”

            “Hey, don’t sound so skeptical. This old beauty has gotten me far and wide, and it’s about to take you too.”

            You laughed and settled back. “Do I get to know what this grand adventure is?”

            “No, but I can promise good food and a lot of laughter.”

            You smiled at him and thought about Youngjae. The two of you have known each other for a long time and even though he was a few years older than you, you two always clicked. You were so used to him, and even though people have always guessed that you had a secret relationship going on, you didn’t quite know. It would be nice to advance to another level, but right now, you were also perfectly satisfied being just best friends.

            “So, you’re dressed perfectly for the occasion.” He was turning into a parking lot and you saw an expensive restaurant.

            “Youngjae, tell me you’re kidding.”

            He shrugged. “This is just the beginning.”

            Inside the restaurant, you found that he had reserved a private room and there were streamers and decorations, congratulating you. You laughed at one silly picture he had drawn of you in your cap and gown, holding a diploma that read, “Congrats to Yoo Youngjae for safely watching me through high school!”

            He gallantly held a chair out for you and you sat in it. Immediately, a waiter appeared and came with plates of sushi and your other favorite foods. You stared and Youngjae laughed. “Eat. You need to be full before we go onto our next stop.”

            The two of you talked as you ate. Youngjae regaled you with stories of his high school days and then he nudged you playfully as the dessert came. “Look, I even got your favorite green tea cake. Do you know how hard it was to order that thing?”

            You smiled back at him and fed him a bite, watching the tips of his ears go red. “I think that diploma should read, ‘Congrats to Yoo Youngjae for making my graduation so amazing.’”

            “You haven’t seen anything yet.”

            After you exited the restaurant, he drove to a nearby beach. The sun was starting to set and he placed a towel on the floor for you to sit on. The two of you stared at the sky and then he pointed a finger, “Watch.”

            There was a shower of fireworks and more as the sky lit up with rainbow colors set against the pink hue of the setting sun. You watched as one particularly large wave of them spelled out words. “Congratulations to you!”

            You turned to him. “How did you manage to get this?”

            He shrugged and slung an arm around your shoulders. “Stick with me and you’ll be surprised.”

            At the end of the colorful display, Youngjae turned to you and smiled shyly. “I think you can hazard a guess as to why I did all this today for you.”

            You blinked at him and thought about your musing in the car and nodded a little. “I think so.”

            “So, what do you think?” He looked forward again but his arm never left you.

            You thought quietly and inched a little closer, happy to see the corners of his mouth lift into a smile. “I think it sounds like a good idea.”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah. And we have all summer to figure it out.”

            Youngjae let out a whoop of happiness and leaned in, kissing you on the cheek. “Happy graduation to my new girlfriend.” Then it was your turn to turn pink at his words.

 

sorry this was a bit rushed but things came up ;A;