Daehyun 111

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Daehyun peered at the sleeping angel in her bed and sighed. His wife had to leave for a business trip and it was too last minute to send for his mother to help or to find a baby sitter. Looks like he was in charge of her. It was only six but he had to go.

            “Jaylie, baby wake up.” He shook her gently. She mumbled a little and curled her tiny body underneath her blanket. He went to the bathroom and packed her toothbrush and brought a change of clothes. He placed them in a bag and carried his sleeping princess in her blanket to the car.

            When he got to the studio, he struggled to carry both her and his bag of things. Luckily, Jongup was already there and held the door open for him. “Shh,” Daehyun warned. “She’s still sleeping.”

            Daehyun placed Jaylie on the couch and made sure she was tucked in and warm before walking back to the practice room. They made sure to close the door and keep the music on low. Even though he knew she was safe, he couldn’t stop his mind from wandering to where his baby was sleeping.

            Halfway into their practice, the door was pushed open and Jaylie peered in. When she saw her father, she smiled and ran to him as fast as her tiny feet could carry her. Daehyun went to pick her up. “Did Jay baby just wake up?” he cooed at her.

            She nodded and Daehyun smiled apologetically at s. “You guys carry on. I’ll brush her teeth and feed her.” Thy all smiled at him and resumed practice.

            After getting her dressed and feeding her a small sandwich, he looked at her. “Will you be okay being with daddy the whole day? We’ll be done in a few hours and then we can go grocery shopping. Okay?”

            “I wanna watch,” she pointed at the closed door where behind it B.A.P was practicing.

            “Okay, but you’re going to have to sit and not walk around, okay?” She nodded and held out her pinky as a promise. Daehyun grinned. His daughter was precious.

            When he carried Jaylie back in, everyone was taking a break. Yongguk came over and doted on her while Daehyun danced by himself to catch up. When he was breathless and tired, he felt a small hand on his leg and looked down.

            “Daddy, water!” Jaylie smiled at him and held out the ice cold water bottle. He squatted down to kiss her cheek and her eyes squeezed together as she giggled. He gently her hair and her attention was caught by the large box in the corner of the room.

            “What’s that?” she asked.

            Youngjae heard her and brought over two plush dolls. “Joko and Kekemato!” Jaylie squealed. She clapped her hands and began to play with the dolls.

            Daehyun took the Kekemato doll and placed it on his shoulder. “Does it look like Daddy?” he asked her.

            She squinted as she observed the two together and nodded. “But Daddy looked better,” she whispered shyly and was rewarded with another kiss on the cheek.

            At the end of the day, Daehyun took her to the supermarket and placed her into the shopping cart. “What do you want to eat today?”

            “Ice cream!” she said.

            “That’ll be for dessert. What else?”

            “Fish!” she smiled at him again.

            “Too hard to make. Mommy will make that. What else?”

            “Dukbokki?” she asked and this time Daehyun nodded.

            “Alright, let’s go!”

            Daehyun kept his eyes on her and the pot while he cooked. She was blissfully sitting at the dining table, playing with the Kekemato doll and he smiled. Having days solely with Jaylie was rare and he found that he wasn’t that bad a father.

            As he fed her the dukbokki one by one, blowing on it and splitting it into bite sized pieces for her, he found himself falling more in love with her. She ate a little messily and he had to wipe the sauce away from but she ate happily, with a large appetite, and always smiling.

            After Daehyun tucked her into bed and sang her to sleep, he stretched and placed a cot by her bed so that he could sleep next to her for the next few nights. His wife would be gone for a few more days. He could definitely handle taking care of Jaylie.

 

this is for jeongmin_

Jaylie ajghda ♥ and that picture ;A; can I has?