Jongup 83

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Hey, you know if you read out the paragraph with the words I put down, you can actually tell a story with it? ‘The stinky teacher smiled at his class and held up his underwear. “Class, this is the excellent lesson that I want to teach all of you. Remember that an apple a day will keep the doctor away and with this knowledge, you can all jump off a cliff and have a good day!”’ Wasn’t that funny?” Jongup looked at you with a mischievous smile and you snorted.

            You shook your head and placed the MadLibs book back on the shelf. “Okay, stop getting distracted and help me. What do I get for the puppy?”

            “Who is this puppy? You don’t have a dog.”

            “A secret friend of mine.”

            He peered at you suspiciously. “You’re not talking about me right?”

            The corners of your lips furled upwards. “No, I’m not, genius. This isn’t some fanfiction plot twist, okay. He’s just a really special guy in my life and I wanted to get him something he would like.”

            Jongup nodded, accepting your answer. “Okay. What does he like?”

            You shrugged. “I know he likes Pokemon and also likes various anime and mangas.”

            He looked at you again. “You sure it’s not me?”

            You threw your hands up in frustration. “Okay, Mr. Conceited. What do you want? Yes, I’m buying it for you. What for? I don’t know; is it your birthday? Do you think I’m that nice I would randomly buy you a present? Jongup, we’re best friends, not boyfriend girlfriend.”

            “Okay, okay, I get it. Not for me. Who is it? You don’t have any other guy friends other than me.”

            You scoffed. “Excuse yourself. I am more popular than you think. He’s in my art class.”

            You could see the wheels on his brain working as he thought about the many guys in the class. “I’m actually really lost. But once I choose the present, you must tell me who it is, okay?” You nodded and he grinned. “Then, let’s go!”

            He grabbed your hand and pulled you along the stores, walking at a quick pace until he stopped in front of a game console shop. “Any financial limitations?”

            You shook your head. “He’s worth every dollar.”

            Jongup wiggled his eyebrows. “Oh ho, a boy you like a lot, isn’t it?”

            “Nope. Just someone who really matters.”

            He walked into the store and down the middle aisle. When he approached the glass display, his expression turned solemn. “This is the most revered spot in the entire mall. This is where dreams either come true or are shattered forever. True masters are put to the test here and only the strong survive. Anyone part of the weak or ones who are not fit have no hopes of dealing with this force. Are you ready?”

            You stared at him and backed away. Maybe you should rethink this friendship. “Uh, was there anything to get ready for?”

            He shook his head in disappointment at you and swept his arms in a dramatic fashion. “This is the newest Pokemon game where you have to catch them all and be the very best.”

            “Okaayy,” you drew out the syllable and smiled at him. “Good for you.”

            Jongup sighed in frustration. “No, you don’t understand. Every Pokemon fanatic will tell you that if you defeat this, you are legend.” He whispered the last word in reverence and you laughed again, completely not understanding how moving your thumbs and staring at a computer screen would make you legendary.

            “Get this. He will fall in love with you like that,” he snapped his fingers.

            You cringed. “I don’t need him to fall in love with me. I just need him to feel my appreciation.”

            “Yes, yes, that too. I’m jealous. This guy must be pretty awesome. Hey, if you ever want to get me anything for my birthday, hint hint nudge nudge,” Jongup grinned at you.

            You rolled your eyes and called over one of the store employees to help you take out the game. When he handed it to you, Jongup hovered behind you, his mouth agape. “Wow, it even shines.”

            “That’s the wrapping, idiot.”

            As you paid for the game and asked for it to be wrapped up, Jongup was shaking his head in envy. “Lucky guy,” he muttered again.

            Once out of the store, you shoved the package at him. “Here, happy anniversary.”

            Jongup’s eyes widened and he looked at you. “What do you mean?”

            You smiled at him. “We’ve been best friends for nine years. Enjoy your game, and go be a legend.”

            He let out a whoop and threw his arms around you. “I knew helping you with your breakups and crazy mood swings would eventually pay off!” You laughed and poked his ribs.

            “You pay for the ice cream.”

 

this is for playfulstar

AND OH MY GOSH I CANNOT OKAY

OH MY HEART

I'M SCREAMING THE MUSIC VIDEO IS SO CUTE

EVERYONE IS SO ADORABLE

DAEHYUN IN GLASSES MY HEART

AND THE SONG IS AMAZING AND 

YONGGUK WAS SO CUTE HE'S LIKE I DON'T KNOW YOU GUYS BUT THEY ARE ALL SUCH PERFECT DORKS