Daehyun 107

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Hey miss, you dropped something. Why don’t you bend down and pick it up.” You looked down and didn’t see anything. Gritting your teeth, you awkwardly pulled on the hem of your dress. The dress was way too short for you to be wearing into public but it was the only one you had on hand.

            “Aww, come on, show a little!” You felt your ears turn red and focused on the line ahead of you and tried not to bolt out of there. You had a task you had to finish, even if it was just getting Starbucks for your boss and his clients.

            The person at the counter finally took her order and left. As you moved ahead, you dropped some of the bills in your hand and cursed silently to yourself. Now you really needed to pick it up.

            “There ya go!” the man continued to catcall. You started to bend your knees, lowering yourself slowly when you felt someone brush up against you.

            A shadow bent down to pick up your money and threw an arm around you, holding you close. Your heart stopped beating, unsure whether you were being harassed or saved. You felt something on the top of your head, as if he was kissing you but he whispered, “Just relax. I got you.”

            The guy turned and raised his eyebrows at the annoying man who had been bothering you. “I got it, thanks very much. I don’t really like it when people talk to my girlfriend so rudely.” Your ears burned and you kept your gaze ahead, hating the confrontation.

            He turned to you and with a firm grip, steered you to the counter where the cashier was watching the exchange a little awkwardly. “How may I help you?”

            After you ordered, you were going to pay when the person who helped you handed over a couple of bills. “I got it.” You stared at him in amazement. Why would he be willing to help a stranger to this extent? You felt his touch become slightly uncomfortable and wanted to move away. He must have an ulterior motive.

            The moment the two of you left Starbucks, you grabbed the bag from him. “Thanks for helping out in there,” you told him. You turned to go but he grabbed onto your arm.

            “Hey, you didn’t even get my name.”

            “I don’t really need to. I won’t be seeing you again.” You said this curtly, and glanced at your phone. “I really need to get back. My boss’ clients are coming in soon. He wanted this to be prepared before.”

            “Daehyun! The name’s Daehyun.”

            You smiled as patiently as you could. The whipped cream was melting, you could feel it. “Thank you, Daehyun,” you stressed his name. “I’ll get going now.” This time when you left, he didn’t try to stop you.

            The meeting had been a successful one for your boss but a boring one on your part. Your boss had demanded you stand the whole time and be at the managers’ beck and call if they so even looked your way. And you had a feeling that the erted old men had purposely made you walk way too often. By the end of the day, you were done, ready to go home, change into comfortable shorts and be a bum.

            You walked out the building and saw Daehyun leaning against a building the next block away. He saw you and waved. Your lips thinned and you contemplated turning the other way to walk the long way. It only took him a few minutes to catch up to you.

            “Hey, wait up!” he was only slightly out of breath as he grabbed onto your arm.

            “Do you not have a home, a job you need to be or a life of your own that you need to live?” You asked him sharply.

            He didn’t even bother to look abashed. “My home is your home. I am currently on vacation and I live my life how I want to. And right now, I’d like to walk you home.”

            “No thank you. I’ve been walking by myself for many months now.”

            “Yeah, but not dressed like this,” he nodded at your short dress and you immediately went to tug at the fabric. Daehyun smiled and pointed at you. “I have a point don’t I?”

            “What do you want?”

            Now, he finally looked confused. “Want? I don’t quite understand.”

            “Nobody is this persistent and ‘nice’ without wanting something in return. Are you sure you’re not as creepy as those guys you’re so keen on protecting me from?”

He made an ‘o’ with his lips. “Sheesh, if I knew you were this paranoid, I would never have waited out here in the crazy sun for three hours. I figured I would make a new friend, do some good today, sort of like a random act of kindness. But I guess, hey, you misunderstood.” He raised his arms and shrugged.

            All of a sudden you felt slightly sheepish for attacking him so sharply. “Oh, I’m sorry. I guess I just assumed.”

            “Nah, it’s okay. I guess you can take care of yourself. I’ll see you. I intern at the office three blocks down so we may run into each other.” Daehyun turned to go but this time you were the one who held him.

            “I suppose you can walk me home. I am wearing something a little short and it was really nice to have you around at Starbucks earlier.”

            His eyes widened in surprise. “Is this gratitude I hear? Is there a ‘thank you’ coming? Should I wait for it?”

            You hit him on the arm. “Are you going to help a poor damsel in distress or not?”

            Daehyun gave you the happiest grin you have ever seen on a boy’s face. He almost shyly offered you his elbow to take. “I thought you’d never ask.”

 

meep overwhelming Daehyun feels today

adkgjdahdgjah ♥♥♥

I can stare at this gif for forever