Zelo 76

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You rubbed your hands together and hopped up and down, nervously trying to warm up before the announcers called your team. The entire waiting section of the stadium was filled with the chatter of the other idols as they saw friends from other groups. You looked down at the giant ‘D’ on your tracksuit and smiled. You were fortunate enough to be on the same team as your boyfriend.

            You glanced at him, standing with s a few yards away. Zelo was leaning on Yongguk, yawning a little. Your own members surrounded you, excited to join the famed Idol Athletic Championships even though you were still rookies.

            “Unnie!” your maknae tugged on your arm. “Are you excited?”

            You gave her a thin smile, revealing the butterflies you actually felt. “I’m not sure I’m going to be of help.”

            She laughed and swung your arms. “You’re our best dancer. I have faith in you.”

            There was an announcement asking the idols to begin lining up with their teams. You saw B.A.P make their way back towards you and Secret. Zelo was smiling at you and you looked away when your eyes met. It was still surreal that the sunbae you had always admired was now actually someone you were in a relationship with.

            Among the bustle of people, you felt two arms come around your waist. You looked up and saw Zelo not looking at you but smiling and chattering away with the rest of the team. His arms tugged on your waist playfully as he kept an otherwise straight face. It was no secret among the company that you were dating, but the rest of the world didn’t know.

            There was a crackle over the loudspeaker and Team A was slowly being announced. Zelo let you go as the referees came to straighten the line out. When it was your turn to walk out, you felt your heartbeat increase with every supportive roar from the stadium. You walked out among the idols onto the large grass field.

            The first few events were track, and you weren’t a part of it. While you waited, you sat on the grass, watching the race unfold. Zelo plopped down next to you and held out a sleeve of crackers. “Hungry?”

            “No,” you told him. “I’m so nervous I can’t even think about food.”

            He laughed and popped one into his mouth. “Guess Daehyun-Hyung’s influence rubbed off. He says that to compete well with a healthy mindset is to have a satisfied stomach.”

            Your other members casually joined the two of you so that there wouldn’t be too much suspicion. In order to help, Zelo even playfully flung an arm around another member. “Zelo and his ladies,” he joked.

            The races continued and when it was his turn to compete in archery, you sent him off with brief instructions, reminding him how to focus. He saluted you and walked off. While he was doing archery, you had to take part in the women’s high jump.

            The event came off almost flawlessly; jumping came naturally to you after dancing for longer than you’ve trained. You easily arched over the pole and were awarded with a gold medal. When athletics was over, however, you had a long gap before taking part in archery.

            When you got back to your spot on the grass, Zelo and Youngjae were there. Zelo saw you and held out a sandwich. His eyes spotted on your gold medal and he grinned happily. He stood up and rushed at you, engulfing you into a bear hug. You gasped slightly and squeezed his arms. “Can’t. Breathe,” you managed to choke out.

            He let you go and pulled affectionately on your cheek. “That’s my girl. Come, eat. Himchan-Hyung made the sandwiches and I told him to make more for you guys.”

            Youngjae helpfully reached his body across when Zelo fed you a cookie, blocking the two of you from the watchful eyes of the audience and participants. You blushed and wiped the crumbs from your mouth. “You’re so crazy,” you whispered to him.

            He raised an eyebrow and leaned in closer. “Crazy in love,” he said. You cringed at the cliché but even though Youngjae was pretending to gag, you felt warm inside.

            As the day went on, the two of you grew tired. He had been practicing all day yesterday and you had been in the studio, recording a new song. Zelo leaned his head on your shoulder and began to nod off. You resisted a yawn and tried to stay alert but found yourself placing your head on top of his and dozing off.

            Someone placed a blanket around the two of you and they were announcing the winners of the track races when you felt Zelo stir. Other stars were looking at the two of you and smiling. You quickly moved away from him and stretched.

            Your leader bent down. “It’s almost time for archery. Come, let’s go get ready.”

            You stood up and shook yourself out to shake off the sleepiness. Zelo rubbed his eyes and looked at you. He grinned and picked you up, swinging you around twice. You let out a tiny scream and he picked up an umbrella. It was starting to rain a little in the stadium. “That woke you up, didn’t it?”

            You smoothed your hair and stuck your tongue out at him. “That was also unnecessary.”

            Zelo looked around and then stepped closer. He placed the umbrella over your head and angled it to the side, blocking off the people. He tipped your chin up and quickly kissed you. “There, that was for good luck.”

 

 

this is for ilovepicture~

Thank you for sticking by me during my mini hiatus

class is over and I'm home so I'll try to update every day again