Youngjae 80

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Examine the blood samples and run gel electrophoresis. Then come back and let me know your results,” Youngjae handed the baggie to you and you nodded. He turned sharply on his heel and started walking away. You tried to hide a smile. Rumor has it in the lab that the normally level-headed, aloof head forensic pathologist had a massive crush on you. And that was perfectly fine by you because you happened to find him very adorable.

            You took the bag into the lab and started the sampling. As you waited for the results to be generated by the computer, you heard an announcement over the intercom. “Will all forensic pathologists please report to the staff room?” You sighed and rebelliously waited for the printer to give you your data first.

            There were two people standing in front of the room and you walked in. You saw Youngjae sitting by himself and started off after him. He stared ahead, ignoring your approach until you neared. When you were a few seats away, he turned to you and shook his head. He placed a hand on the chair next to him and casually leaned on it.

            You scowled and sat three seats away. He was so awkward sometimes. You faced the front and nodded in appreciation. There was a new person, looking dashing in the white robes that you had to wear. He was standing demurely and your eyes met. Out of pure amusement, you gave him a wink and were delighted to see him smile back. You cast a glance over at Youngjae to see if he had noticed the exchange but he was already looking at his phone.

            The newcomer was a new graduate. He was tall and intelligent, and the best part was that he was working in your department. You walked to him as the head and held out your hands. “Welcome aboard.”

            The man bowed. “Choi Junhong. It’s an honor to be working with you.”

            You saw out of the corner of your eye Youngjae passing by so the next move was totally on a whim. You pulled the new young man closer to you and hugged him. “Come, let’s give you a tour.” It made you smile to see Youngjae push his glasses further up his nose and continue walking.

            “Youngjae!” you called out. He stopped midstep and turned stiffly.

            “What?” he asked gruffly. You stifled a giggle and batted your lashes a little.

            “Do you want to come grab coffee with me and Junhong later?”

            He stared at the tall newcomer by your side and made a grimace. “This is a serious occupation. I’d like for you to be more professional. We’re having the autopsy in half an hour. Be back in time.”

            Once he was out of earshot, Junhong leaned in and grinned. “I think that hyung likes you.”

            You shrugged and continued walking. As you walked, you frowned to yourself. Youngjae clearly likes you; even the newbie could see that. But what was frustrating was his adamant insistence on not asking you out. His slightly aloof demeanor was also hurtful. If he wanted to talk to you, it wasn’t like you were going to bite.

            At the designated time, you walked in with Junhong to the lab. Youngjae was slipping on his gloves and preparing the body. He barely glanced up at you as you took out your notepad. Your job was mainly to take down notes while Junhong assisted him. He made observations and you wrote them down. After the autopsy was over, you recorded the information and went to clean up.

            Junhong playfully bumped your hip as you scrubbed your hands. The two of you were laughing when Youngjae walked in. He looked upon you sourly. “Shape up,” he snapped. “This is a working area.”

            You pouted, knowing full well that he was most likely jealous. Junhong watched him walk away and looked at you. “Looks like you’ll have to be the one to confess if you want anything to happen.”

            You squared your shoulders and vowed that next time the two of you were alone, you would confront him. The opportunity came quicker than you expected. At the end of the day, he walked into your lab, holding out the notes you had taken.

            “How can you already make assumptions based off of this one blood sample and the physical test?” He was pointing at an angry red circle. “Maybe if you weren’t so preoccupied with that new boy, you wouldn’t have made this mistake.” He muttered the last part.

            You looked at him. “You’re forgetting that we also did chemical tests.” You turned to the last page with the graphs and he turned red.

            As Youngjae was turning around to go, you called out to him. “Hold it. Come back here.”

            He walked back reluctantly and you pointed a finger at him. “Do you like me or not?”

            “W-what?” he adjusted his glasses and tugged at his black turtleneck. “What are you talking about?”

            You narrowed your eyes. “You heard me. Do you like me or not? Why are you getting so jealous every time I interact with Junhong?”

            He coughed. “I do not. I could care less what you do with him.”

            “Are you sure?”

            He didn’t answer and you kissed him on the cheek. The effect was instantaneous. He turned a bright red and took a step back. “What did you do that for?”

            You threw the files back at him and pushed past him. “You have my number. Call me later once you’ve plucked up your courage. I already did the first step for you.”

 

this is for kimchii

sorry it's not as good as it should have been :/

I'm taking a little break as finals approach

I'm also sort of not into B.A.P right now so writing is really tough but I will be back~