Daehyun 105

B.A.P. Oneshots II

Daehyun prided himself on being able to talk himself out of every situation. It didn’t matter how taxing the question, how difficult the response, he always knew what to say. His mouth was made for talking, his brain was made for thinking. He was good. The only problem arose, however, when he was met with the one question asked by the one person he just simply could never talk himself by.

            The object of his terror was small, only barely four feet. She still wore her hair in pigtails and had large eyes that looked at him unblinkingly. She was as smart as he was good at avoidance, and she managed to get him tongue-tied every time. She still couldn’t sleep without needing him by her side, and still held onto his hand tightly but even so, the moment she opened , Daehyun found his match. The little stack of verbal horrors’ name is Jung Jaylie.

            It was a dinner where Daehyun and his friends met up to catch up on old times. The couples brought their children but the three older boys only wanted to stare at the computer screen, playing war games. So the only girl sat among the adults, her head swinging this way and that, trying to hear the conversation.

            “When are you going to have another kid, Youngjae? Isn’t it about time?” Daehyun was nagging his best friend.

            Youngjae’s wife intercepted the question. “Hey, I’m the one doing the hard part. You men always take credit for being part of the pregnancy when in actuality; you only had a little part in it.”

            “Whoa, we donate half of the kid,” Daehyun protested.

            “Daddy, what does it mean to donate?”

            The question made Daehyun’s head turn. Yongguk chuckled and answered for him. “It means to give part to.”

            Jaylie blinked her eyes and she bit on her lips in a circular motion as she ruminated over what her uncle had just said. As the adults began talking again, she piped up with another inquiry. “Daddy, where do babies come from? Where did I come from? Why did you donate half of me?”

            There was a pause and everyone turned to the father being addressed. Youngjae had a pleased smirk on his face and Yongguk was trying to hold back his laughter. Daehyun began to stammer, “Ah Junhong and Jongup should be back with the dinner soon. Jaylie, are you hungry?” His heart was pounding. He was not ready to answer this question yet.

            Jaylie pouted and swung her legs harder. “Where do babies come from?”

            Daehyun looked up at his wife, hoping for support but she only sat back. He saw , “You’re alone with this one.”

            He looked back at the little girl and chuckled nervously. He made a face of pain. “Well, that’s quite a question.”

            Youngjae took over. “Actually babies are when a mommy and a daddy loves each other very much. In order to show their love, they-”

            Daehyun stood up and pointed at the offender. “Yoo Youngjae, you be quiet.”

            Himchan and Yongguk stood up and forcibly removed the protesting man. “Hey, I was trying to give her some common knowledge!” he insisted as he was moved out.

            With the nuisance out of the way, Daehyun once more turned to his now more curious than ever daughter and smiled as sincerely as he could. The pain and torture in his eyes were obvious, however. He was clearly trying to find a way out.

            “Well, Jaylie, you came from mommy and it was because daddy put you there.”

            Her eyes were huge as she digested the information. “How did you do that?” She had climbed on Daehyun’s lap and was staring at him earnestly. He chuckled uncomfortably and shifted so she was settled on him.

            “Well, there were a couple of magic words,” at this even his wife snorted, “and then a spell. Abracadabra, let Jaylie appear!”

            “But daddy, you said you only donated half,” she pointed out. She had just learned the vocabulary word and was already using it.

            Yongguk glanced at him and Daehyun panicked. His head was a mess as he tried to think of a good reason. “Well, honey, let me tell you something. It’s because half of the love was from me and half of the love was from mommy. You’re from the two of us, right?”

            She nodded slowly as she digested his words. Then she looked at him again. Please, not another question, Daehyun prayed. “But why did you put me in mommy? Why couldn’t you put me in you?”

            “Oh, because mommy’s love is from inside, a magic potion that only mommy has. And daddy provides the spell.”

            “The loud screams more like,” Youngjae shouted from his exile in the living room. His wife stood up voluntarily. “I’ll shut him up,” she offered.

            Jaylie blinked and finally nodded in satisfaction. “Okay, daddy. Can I join you when you do the spell when you’re creating a little brother for me?” And once again, Daehyun was at a loss for words.

 

enjoy guys ^^