Jongup 79

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            The world was in the twenty-first century and there was a massive organized crime taking part globally. Every citizen was partaking in it and there were few exceptions. Some participate unknowingly while others were fully conscious of what they were doing. It was those evil masterminds who got away with it and had the money to get out of the crime that were the scariest.

            Jongup was also known as Captain Earth. He was born on Planet Mato and sent down to earth to help fight against pollution. As a child on his planet, he went through vigorous training to learn how to aid the dying planet, learning the climates and the natural disasters as well as he knew his own planet’s. He was ready to take on the world.

            When Jongup first landed on earth, he was utterly horrified. Before they had sent him there, the specialists had started to subject him to some of the dust and smog that was the normal atmosphere on the used to be beautiful planet. But nothing prepared him for the reality. Earth was gray, the smog was intense from space and the air he breathed in nearly made him die choking.

            He fell sick for a few days as his body tried to adjust. On Earth, Jongup was to meet up with five other agents from Mato, each with their own mission. But while he was recovering, he had to make sure that he could adjust to breathing properly. He noticed people wearing masks; no small wonder considering how bad the air was.

            Jongup studied air pollution and knew the majority of it came from carbon dioxide. The problem was that people chopped down more trees than they could grow and didn’t take care of their resources very well. Cars and large factories were among some of the perpetrators that were adding to the problem.

            He was lucky that his cover was perfect. After a few years on earth, the other agents had built up a decent fanbase so that their work would be easier. Yongguk, who was in charge of bringing more justice into the world, taught him that through his actions, he could influence the masses a lot easier than going around individually to save every river, every rain forest.

            “You need to use your inspiration to do good. We’re superheroes, Jongup. We need to do our job as effectively as possible, even if it means that we cannot physically do it ourselves.”

So Jongup’s first step into raising awareness was to do good by his own actions. He picked up the litter whenever he could and soon fans began to mimic his ways. He would subtly hint about saving electricity and always was proud that the materials he used were biodegradable.

            “It’s all about the planet these days,” Jongup said. “And just like Dadamato, green is the way to go!”

            As a group event, he invited his fans out to clean up the parks and to plant trees. It was at first a small movement, but there was improvement. He was sent on earth to help clean up the planet, and that was precisely what he was doing.

            It was hard at first. Getting people to truly take what he was saying into their own personal lives were difficult. And so he came up with the idea of the Dadamato For Earth challenge. Jongup was going to partake in an athletic event and his fans had to log in how many hours a day they saved electricity in order to help sponsor him.

            The results were enormous. Fans were conscious about their water usage and many turned off their lights when they went to sleep. He had asked that they turned off their computers or unplugged them and for each hour the device was off, the fans had a higher chance of meeting him up close.

            It was good motivation and it made him happy to see that even without his reminders, fans were sending in messages regarding their impact on the environment. The day before the challenge, he was notified that at least a million trees had been planted by Babys.

            For each medal that Jongup won, he was going to donate money to help preserve an animal in danger of extinction. Babys sent in suggestions, pointing him to tigers, to polar bears and other forms of wildlife.   

            “You’re doing well, Jongup. Once they start to make ripples, the waves will come.”

            The day of the event, his fans were there, cheering him on. As Jongup ran the races and jumped the vaults, his one thought was how beautiful earth and its people were when they all united under one.

            As he finished his last race, with five medals in total, Jongup ran off the field to see that his fans had all swarmed down to help clean up. As he leaned down and picked up the trash with them, he knew he was making a difference.

 

sorry this was short but I just wanted to make a point ^^