Daehyun 103

B.A.P. Oneshots II

“On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate me?” You struck a faux y pose and waited for Daehyun’s answer.

            “One,” he replied, without looking up from his book.

            “Why?” You wrinkled your nose, trying not take his answer at face value.

            “Because you’re the only one that I need.”

            You rolled your eyes and kicked at him. “Never mind. You’re no fun anyway.”

            He looked up from his book slyly and grinned. “What? What is it you want me to say? Wasn’t my answer perfect?”

            “Yeah,” you pinched his cheek. “Just like you, right?”

            Daehyun winked at you. “You know it.”

            You settled back down comfortably against him and stared at the ceiling. “Daehyun, really though, how much do you like me?”

            “To the stars and the end of the universe and back and even that cannot encompass my love for you. What’s with the questions?”

            “Just wondering.”

            Daehyun twitched his back to indicate that he was getting up and then turned to look at you. “What’s wrong?”

            You twiddled with your fingers and looked away, utterly embarrassed. “Someone told me that you were planning on breaking up with me on our anniversary.”

            He looked at you, wrinkled his nose and shrugged. “About that.” The look you gave him had him laughing. “I’m kidding! I would never ever voluntarily break up with you. The only way we will end, my dear, is if you break up with me.”

            Slightly more placated, you dropped back down on the grass. “Dae, what’s the point of loving someone if there’s always a chance of it not working out?”

            He looked down at you and gently your hair. “I don’t know, sweetheart. But I don’t think we’ll ever have to find out.”

            On the day of your anniversary, you got a text from him telling you that the two of you were going to do something special. You dressed simply, not too overboard because you knew special with Daehyun never meant fancy restaurants or elaborate events. When you opened the door, indeed, he was only in a white t-shirt and a beanie.

            “Well, that’s special.”

            He held out a bouquet of flowers and protested, “Hey! Spending time with someone special is good enough, isn’t it? Regardless of what they’re wearing.”

            You chuckled a little and took his outstretched hand. “You make me feel overdressed in my summer dress.” He clenched your fingers tighter together and continued down the steps. You couldn’t help but smile because despite everything, Daehyun was still your boyfriend.

            The two of you walked hand in hand for a while, while he held the flowers in his other hand. “Where are we going?”

            “Nowhere special,” he replied. “I hope you won’t be too disappointed.”

            He led you down a familiar street and then you laughed. “The singing studio? Are you going to be singing a song for me Daehyun?”
            He looked at the sky. “It’s one of the few things I’m good at,” he mumbled.

            You grinned and shook his hand. “Well then, grace me with your talent.”

            When you walked into the studio, he guided you up the steps and then down another hallway. You followed him and he pushed through a wooden door into a dimly lit room. You could make out a giant stuffed toy and a table filled with delicious smelling food. He sat you down and you heard harmonized humming as at least twenty people walked out from nowhere.

            Daehyun went to the front and took out a microphone. You watched him in fascination as he began to sing. His voice stood out even among the chorus behind him and the entire time when his eyes were open, he was looking at you. You placed your elbows on the table and stared at him.

            Your eyes met and you bit back a smile. He was perfect, and regardless of how he was dressed, you still loved him. When the song finally ended and the people magically disappeared, Daehyun sat down next to you.

            “How was it?” He looked down shyly and tried not to smile too hard.

            You pursed your lips and pretended to think. “Uh, not bad, not bad. I have to admit, I’m quite impressed.”

            He blinked. “Only not bad?”

            “Well, you had an army of twenty people to help you.” You smiled and took his hand. “I’m kidding. You’re perfect, as usual. If I were to rate you from one to ten, I would say one because you’re the only one who’s that perfect.”

            Daehyun laughed then and pointed at the food. “Eat up before I do. And you know that anniversary or not, I won’t be merciful when it comes to food.”

 

 

I'm probably going to go on a break. I can't really do this anymore. I'm sorry. I will be back. I promise