B.A.P - Birthday Special

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            The boys glanced at one another and then peered suspiciously around the corners of the block. “Hurry, let’s go. Do you have the key?” Himchan asked.

            Zelo held up the key ring and the six of them began to move towards the building where one of their closest friends lived. “Daehyun, you stay outside,” Youngjae ordered. “You can serve as distraction in case she comes in at any time.”

            “What are you trying to say?” Daehyun protested. But the others were already shushing him and he was left alone. Daehyun scrunched his nose and sighed. Guess he was stuck on the sidewalk again.

            The five other boys made their way into the building and up the elevator. When they reached her front door, Zelo took out the keys and tried each one until he found the right one. “Bingo!”

            They snuck inside and Yongguk quickly unpacked the boxes that they had brought and took out the streamers and the balloons. “Hurry! Youngjae, you and Zelo, both of you have great lung capacity. Start blowing the balloon. Himchan, we’re going to hang the streamers. Jongup, run to the bakery and take care of the cake.”

            And so each set about diligently on their tasks. When Jongup passed by Daehyun again, he grinned. “Hyung! You have the easiest job.”

            Daehyun scowled and pointed at the empty road. “It’s so boring. How’s everyone doing?”

            “Youngjae-Hyung is dying over the balloons.”

            The older vocalist smiled triumphantly. “I knew they should have brought me along! I would be blowing the balloons in no time. How about you go and tell Youngjae to switch places? He’s the better talker anyway.”

            “I need to get cake.”

            Daehyun nodded. “It’s okay. I’ll text him.”

            As Youngjae was in the midst of tying up the final balloon, his phone began to buzz. In a panic, he let go and it whizzed pathetically across the room as the air was let out. He took out his phone. “What, Jung Daehyun?” he snapped. “You just made me let out a balloon, which if I may point out, took a lot of time to blow.”

            “Let me do it, then. Let’s switch. The sun is too hot and I’m already dark enough. Come out and get a tan and I’ll blow balloons instead.”

            Youngjae scowled. “No. Good day.”

            Daehyun stared at his phone in disgust. He tapped his feet idly and stared at his watch. Meanwhile, in the apartment, the others were flying around trying to set things up. Yongguk and Himchan were having an argument over which colored banner was going up where.

            “You can’t put a red and pink next to each other!” Himchan was saying.

            “Fine. I was going to put it in order of our Matokis but if you want to be put all the way at the end, it’s not like I care. As long as I’m first.”

            “Hey! You should end with red because it’s a stronger color!”

            Zelo finished tying the balloons into bunches and shook his head a little at his hyungs’ immaturity. He grabbed streamers and placed them around the room, draping them artfully across high places that normally would be difficult to reach.

            When the doorbell rang, they all jumped until they heard Jongup’s out of breath voice. “I got the cake!”

            Hurriedly, they set it up along with the fruits and cupcakes that Himchan had made. He placed the kimbap and the food that they had all stayed up at night for on the table and that was when Daehyun called.

            “Red alert! Approaching rapidly at twenty miles per hour! Going to stall time now!”

            Yongguk hurriedly told him to give at least ten more minutes. “We just need to light the cake and make sure that the presents are placed well.”

            Daehyun smiled at the girl whom they were working so hard for. She waved. “Oppa! Why are you here?”

            He scratched his neck. “Uh, I left my keys at home. Can I stay over until Yongguk comes back from his schedules?”

            “Sure! Let’s go.” She started off towards her house but Daehyun grabbed her arm.

            “Wait! Do you have drinks at your house? I’m really craving seltzer water.”

            She gave him a quizzical look. “That’s quite specific.”

            “It’s a craving,” he answered. “Of course it would be specific.” She shrugged and led the way to the grocery store. There, he took his time choosing between various flavors before finally settling on everything but the grape.

            He checked his phone discreetly and saw that they had the okay. “Come on, let’s go.” When they got to the apartment, Daehyun held his breath as the door swung open.

            “Happy birthday!” they all shouted. She stared at them and Zelo blew in air from a discarded balloon and in a helium voice, squeaked “Party hard!”

 

this is for iloveasia17

it's also another follower's birthday so 

I'm sorry I've been away. I totally fell off schedule and it's still hard for me to write.