Jongup 78

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Appa!” Jongup crouched down and stretched his arms out, waiting for the attack of his five year old daughter. Seolbi slammed into him and smacked his cheeks loudly. Jongup stood up and held her in his arms.

            “Why does my little munchkin look so happy today?”

            Her dark eyes were gleaming as she snuggled into his neck. “Tomorrow is parents’ day,” she announced. “And Daddy I want you to come!”

            He laughed and bounced her up and down. “Really? And what does Daddy have to do?”

            “Play games,” she said.

            “Don’t you want Mommy to go?”

            Seolbi snuck a look at her mother from below her lashes. “I guess,” but she was pouting when she responded.

            “Aigoo, what’s wrong with Mommy going?”

            Jongup could tell from the way her lips were puckering that she was going to start her aegyo explosion. “I never see Daddy.” She blinked twice and nuzzled Jongup’s cheek in imitation of their pet puppy. “And everyone else is bringing their dads.” She turned her imploring eyes onto him and he made eye contact with his wife.

            “Go. She wants you to.”

            “Are you offended?” Jongup asked, wanting to make sure because he knew that sometimes he would be sad if she chose her over him.

            Seolbi’s mother shook her head. “I see her enough. Besides, I think there might be a little boy who has his eyes set on her, so I would watch out if I were you.”

            He pretended to frown at the girl in his arms. “What is this? Moon Seolbi with a boyfriend? I don’t think so!”

            His daughter giggled and shook her head. “Will you come Daddy?” When Jongup nodded, she squealed and hugged his neck, throwing her small body against his in her excitement.

            The loud chatter of the children made Jongup cringe a little. He had forgotten how noisy children could get. The kids were chasing each other until the teacher called for order. He shifted, standing with the other fathers. Seolbi had been right. Only dads came. He stood next to a father who was quite talkative.

            “Kim Himchan, nice to meet you,” the man stuck his hand out. Jongup nodded out of courtesy and shook it. “Maybe we’ll face each other in the matches.”

            “M-matches?” Jongup choked. Since when had parents day turned into a race for the adults? “Do you mean our children?”

            Himchan gave him a confused look. “Did you not read the notice?” He hadn’t, thinking it would be just like the previous parents days he had attended with his son. “There will be a race off among the parents. That’s probably why all the fathers came because it was a bit physical.” He laughed and clapped Jongup’s back. “No worries. You look fit enough. It’ll be fun.”

            After the teacher had settled the children, she turned to the fathers and smiled. “Looks like we have all dads today! Can each of you introduce who you are and then we’ll start the games?”

            One by one, each father introduced themselves and Jongup caught sight of Seolbi winking at him, one eye barely open as she tried to imitate the motion. He laughed and waved at her.

            “Our first game will be pop the balloon! Each father will be sitting on the horse that their child painted and will use a weapon that their child chose. Then they will face each other to try and pop the balloon attached to the horse first.”

            Jongup looked at the stick he had and nodded to himself. His daughter chose well. The first pair went first and it was funny watching grown men wheel around on the rocking horses. Three groups later, it was Jongup’s turn and sure enough, he was called up against Himchan. They bowed to each other before Jongup sat on the pink horse Seolbi had painted just for him.

            The two of them circled each other and Jongup laughed. Himchan had ended up with a fan. Jongup daringly took a stab but Himchan’s foot kicked his horse back and he fell off. He quickly scrambled on, knowing that more than his honor was on the line; his daughter’s glory was too. The two of them backed off and circled slowly and when Himchan’s balloon came into view, he lunged.

            The loud pop was beautiful and Jongup cheered. He got off his horse and shook Himchan’s hand. Although Jongup lost in the semifinals, he somehow managed to win third place and Seolbi proudly displayed the bronze medal on her desk.

            When the day was over, she leaned heavily against his arm, and smiled up at him. “Daddy, you did great,” she commended.

            Jongup cheered and picked her up. “Come, let’s go home and show Mommy the medal.”

 

 

sorta short but so tired omg

glad you guys all liked the Zelo story. I wrote it knowing that a lot of people would relate, and I just wanted to give everyone strength ♥