Jongup 77

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You walked out of the locker room and took in a deep breath, feeling the sun shine on your face. It was the first day of track training and you were excited to feel the burn and the rush of wind in your face. You loved running and the weather made it all the more beautiful.

            “Here, a cold water bottle at your service.” You looked at the smiling boy in front of you and gave him a quick kiss. The second best thing about track was that your boyfriend was on the team as well, and both the boys and the girls teams practiced in the same arena.           

            Your teammates walked out and giggled, making cooing sounds at the two of you as you walked side by side to where the coaches stood. Jongup held your water for you and you tried not to blush when your friends nudged one another and raised their eyebrows. It had taken the two of you a while to confess to one another. And now that it happened, everyone on the track team was happily shipping the two of you as openly as they could.

            You took a seat on the bleachers and Jongup slid in next to you, sitting himself on the border between the two teams. He played with your hand while the two of you listened to the opening speeches from the encouraging coaches.

            “Moon Jongup! You are our best sprinter. Where’s your head this season?”

            He looked up, startled, and grinned. “On my shoulders!” He knew the coaches liked him too much for him to get into serious trouble.

            Sure enough Mr. Park grinned and shook his head playfully. “I hope you won’t let your girlfriend distract you from our goal though. We want to go for three championships in a row.”

            He saluted the coach but still kept your hand in his. “Of course! I’m a master at multi-tasking.” You laughed a little, happy that he could keep the atmosphere so lively.

            When you were dismissed to go warm up, Jongup followed you onto the field. He joked around with you as your friends kept their distance, wanting to give you two privacy. You wrinkled your nose at them. “Uppie, don’t you think they’re being too obvious about leaving us alone?”

            He looked over at them and pretended to shoot them with his finger guns. “Thanks for the consideration!” he called out. “Ice cream after practice?” They nodded enthusiastically and Jongup playfully turned you around so you couldn’t see them. “There you go. Now spend time with me!”

            You laughed out loud and started stretching. Jongup leaned on one leg and stretched his hamstrings. “Are you doing any events?” he asked.

            “Yeah I have to practice my hurdles today. They’re such a hassle. I feel like my jump has gotten lower and lower.”

            He walked to you and helped you stretch out your quads. “Get on the ground and I’ll bend your leg back.”

            You did as he ordered and he pretended to use your leg as a control, turning it this way and that. “And he scores!” You buried your head in your arms and tried not to laugh too loudly.

            The coaches walked over and he switched to the other leg. “You two! Focus!”

            You mumbled your apology amidst your laughter. Jongup, on the other hand, quipped, “But we are! I’m focused on making her smile and she’s concentrated on laughing.” You snuck a look at the coaches and knew that Jongup definitely had them charmed as Mr. Park only cuffed him slightly on the head.

            “You get your girlfriend set up then go practice your own jumps.”

            “Yes sir!”

            You sat up so you could start your jumping jacks. “Jongup you know you have Mr. Park wrapped around your finger. I don’t think he would have taken that answer from anyone else but you.”

            He grinned and started to do aerobics with you. “Did you know he helped get us together?”

            You stopped mid-jump before recovering and restarting again. “What?”

            Jongup nodded. “Yeah. He helped me realize that we were more than friends and he got the locker room cleared for me. Otherwise, it would have been a really big feat for me to push everyone out without letting you find out.”

            You looked at your coach’s back and blew him a kiss. Jongup snorted and pulled your hand away from your mouth. “Thanks, Mr. Park,” you whispered so he couldn’t actually hear you.

            Your boyfriend grinned and reached down to hand you a water bottle. “Here, drink so you can get started. I’ll see you after practice.”

            You kissed him on the cheek before jogging away to join the rest of your team. “You make me look forward to track.”

            He saluted you and in an uncharacteristically cocky manner, replied, “I make everyone look forward to track.” But he laughed at his own comment and waved to you before going to where Coach Park was waiting.

 

 

this is for violin852

thanks so much for the love guys ♥

your comments really make my day and I really appreciate all of you~