Jongup 76

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Conceal, don’t feel. Don’t let it show,” Jongup chanted to himself, using a famous line from a blockbuster movie back in his youth. He kept his eyes straight forward and tried to ignore his sobbing wife right by his side. He wanted to pay attention but he knew if he listened to the words the minister was saying, he would break down into tears.

            In front of him, his daughter was radiant in white and standing next to her was a young man he quite approved of. They were hand in hand and he swallowed the sharp lump in his throat. She was tearing slightly and if there was anything Jongup hated more, it was seeing his baby girl cry, even out of happiness.

            He took in deep breaths and held onto his wife’s hand. He squeezed it, letting her know that it was okay and she gave a small, teary chuckle and leaned in against him. When the minister approved them as man and wife, Jongup allowed one small tear to escape and quickly wiped it away. He watched them kiss and sighed. His baby girl was no longer his.

            Everyone exploded into laughter and applause as the happy pair walked back down the aisle. Seolbi ran first to Jongup and hugged him, detaching herself from her newlywed husband and Jongup squeezed her tightly. “Daddy!”

            The term of endearment made him want to cry again and he quickly let her go to be swept up by the mob. He cleared his throat many times as relatives and friends clapped his back in congratulations. “I never knew I would see the day I saw your wild child be married off,” his mother grinned, leaning on her cane. Jongup held her and they followed the procession to the recession hall.

            In the large ballroom, the guests gathered and Jongup stood. He coughed slightly and raised his glass. “To my daughter and her husband,” he started. “I wish you the best. Daddy isn’t the most eloquent speaker so I’ll make it short. I’m proud of you, baby girl. I wish you all the best and if this boy ever decides to hurt you in any way, remember I will always be here. I hope he makes you smile always and I hope you can get through any obstacles. Marriage isn’t easy but with it comes a lot of happiness, and fortune. I want you to have the very best, and this boy is one of the best. Make daddy proud and,” he had to pause and blink away his tears. Seolbi was crying again. “No more crying. To everyone who gathered to see my beautiful daughter married, thank you. You just saw the most beautiful bride you’ll ever see in your lives. Treasure this moment, honey. Treasure it and remember, this is the beginning to the rest of your life. I love you.”

            When he sat down, Jongup grabbed a napkin off the table and covered his face with it, coughing to hide his teary expression. The next round of speeches is made and that was when the music started. The traditional couple’s  dance began and he sighed, watching the two of them. It only mattered that his daughter was happy.

            There was a riff of guitar and Jongup suddenly started laughing. Unbeknownst to him, Seolbi had chosen a Chris Brown song for the father and daughter dance. She ran up to him and grabbed the microphone. “Daddy, remember those days we spent where you taught me how to dance to this song? How about we give a live performance today? I know you still have it in you.”

            The guests laughed and Jongup stood, shaking his head as he headed to her. She would always be her quirky self, given away or not. He snapped his fingers and began to move towards her, swaying to the beat. He heard his wife squeal with delight as he pulled his signature twirl.

            Seolbi moved just as gracefully in her heels and the two of them broke out into the hip hop styled dance. They mouthed the not so appropriate lyrics together and laughed. As the song came to an end, Seolbi threw herself at Jongup and he lifted her in the air.

            “I love you, Daddy,” she told him as he led her back to the dinner table.

            He was panting and loosened his tie. “I love you too, sweetheart. But don’t do that again,” he added. “Daddy’s getting older and busting those moves out took a lot of energy.”

            She scoffed and took her husband’s hand again. “As if. You danced with more vigor than I did.”

            Jongup winked. “I’m glad you remembered the moves though.”

            Her husband spoke up. “Oh yeah. Rather than trying to get the last minute wedding plans together, she was busy practicing this song again. I swear I was being haunted by Chris Brown the entire time.”

            Jongup laughed out loud and pushed the two of them back out to the dance floor. “Next time, you should teach him so that he can truly be a part of the family. Go. I love you.”

            As she was being twirled away, she waved to him and Jongup watched her go, knowing that regardless where she was, she was always his little girl.

 

whee!

SJM comeback ^^