Yongguk 99

B.A.P. Oneshots II

“We met through a series of maybes

Maybe if I hadn’t left late,

Maybe if you hadn’t walked by,

Then we would probably never have met.

If you walked a few steps further in,

Our shoulders wouldn’t have hit.

You wouldn’t have blushed and looked at me,

Mouthing that you’re sorry

When in actuality, I walked closer so that we could bump.

Smooth, aren’t I?

I don’t recall how I got your number

But when I gathered up the courage to text you

You didn’t respond until days later.

I thought you had forgotten.

I took you out to the park, remember?

And by the end of the day, I learned so much.

You didn’t believe in love,

You thought coincidence was only that, and scoffed at fate.

All my hopes were dashed.

Then you called me first, and I guess we went from there.”

            You stared at the six boys in front of you, five beat boxing and accompanying while Yongguk rapped shyly. You tried to hide a smile, knowing that the awkward rap must be due to his nervousness. Thinking back to three years ago, you realized just how unapproachable you must have been.

            You clearly remembered your first date. The first official meeting, you had thought, thinking that you had only earned a new friend. The boy had knocked into you as you were walking back from your tutoring job. He had smiled bashfully and apologized, holding onto your bag strap despite it only have been knocked off your shoulder.

            You didn’t feel uncomfortable, which was a shock. Strangers, especially good looking, male ones, often made you want to run in the opposite direction as quickly as possible. But he had held you there for a second longer than was necessary.

            “Ah, I wasn’t looking,” he had uttered and then quickly told you his name. He later insisted on giving you his number in case you were hurt and wanted him to pay responsibility. In return, you hastily gave out your own before realizing that it probably wasn’t the wisest thing to do.

            He had pocketed the paper and then bowed to you, smiling still. You looked after Yongguk and shook your head. Were you just scammed? Maybe you should change your number. But he didn’t message you until a few days later and by then you had decided you were going to be adventurous. Meet someone new, and stay as friends.

            The first meeting, you had wanted to ensure that there was a boundary between the two of you, so you spewed out the truth about being cynical regarding love. You were sure you saw his eyes dim a little and were glad. You didn’t want a romance. But somehow, watching him greet the children who ran around the two of you, and later having him push you on the swings made you sort of change your mind.

            When he didn’t’ contact you, you took the initiative. You could at least be friends right? But friends soon turned into something more and now three years later, you were believing in love. Maybe not necessarily at first sight, but definitely love.

“Three years you’ve spent with me

Feels like an eternity.

And now I’d like to ask if you would want to spend forever.

Marry me?”

            Your mouth fell open. You had thought this was just some pre-anniversary celebration. But Yongguk dropped down on one knee and held out the ring. He was trying to contain his smile and Daehyun and Jongup walked forward with a piece of paper in hand.

            “You must sign the contract,” they ordered. You quickly perused the contents and laughed out loud.

Section One

            After listening diligently to Yongguk’s rap, you are already obligated to answer his question with a yes. Kindly respond and then sign the pre-marriage certificate so B.A.P can ensure its validity.

            You rolled your eyes and took the proffered pen from Zelo’s hand. You signed your name with a flourish and just for kicks, changed your last name to Bang, much to the delight of the onlookers.

 

this is for kaylove 

sorry for not updating in a while, I'm going to try to get past this week, stay afloat and double update 

also I have a lack of talent for any type of rap. so. this . LOL I'm sorry