Daehyun 97

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Ya! As my girlfriend, you need to love cheesecake and eat it with me! How can you just watch me eat this delicacy and not be able to enjoy it with me?” Daehyun’s lips slipped into a pout and he stared at you, blinking his eyes in what he thought was a cute and convincing manner.

            You laughed a little snarkily at how desperate he was being. “I can watch you eat anything and I’d be full within seconds. Cheesecake just isn’t my thing.”

            He huffed and rolled his eyes. He turned towards his dessert and picked up his fork. “Whatever, you’re missing out.”

            You shrugged and watched his huge mouth open to take in the pastry. Within seconds, he had inhaled the entire thing. “Daehyun!”

            “Mmmf?” he asked with his mouth full of cake. He was struggling to chew and swallow at the same time. His thick lips mashed together as he attempted to finish. “What?” he asked, finally done with the food in his mouth.

            “You didn’t have to eat the whole thing, you know.”

            “It was good and you can always make me more. Right, hon?” He blinked his eyes again and smiled sheepishly. “You made it really well.”

            You blushed but didn’t want to give in so easily so you looked away and rolled your eyes. “Stop trying to sweet talk me. It’s not working.”

            He grinned and crept up on you. “It is! It is!” He insisted as he tickled you. You tried to move away but he wrapped an arm around your shoulder and kissed you chastely. “There. Deal is sealed.”

            A few days later, the two of you were at a café. Daehyun was skimming the menu and you watched him purse his lips and crease his forehead. “Hard choices?” you asked dryly, knowing full well that at the end he was going to go with either the cheesecake, sweet potato cake or coffee cake.

            “They have the lemon meringue here and I haven’t had it in a while. How about you get a cheesecake, try it and I’ll get your favorite wasabi cake?”

            You shook your head. “If you don’t like it, I won’t force you to eat it.”

            He shook his torso. “You make me seem like a bad person when you say it this way. I just want you to try perfection.”

            You looked at him and stared. Daehyun stared back. There was a subtle droop to his eyes and you muttered a low, annoyed curse. Why did he have to be so darn persuasive all the time? “Alright. Get the cheesecake. You can get the lemon meringue. I’ll try it.”

            He lightened and for a moment, you caved. To see him so happy was what you wanted most. But it was at the expense of your taste buds. He leaned forward and kissed your nose, right in public, and beamed happily. “You’re the best! And I’ll take the wasabi cake because a promise made, even to myself, is a promise made.”

            You shrugged. “Your choice.”

            When the cheesecake arrived, Daehyun carefully took a bite and rolled it in his mouth, savoring the flavor. “Mmm, delicious. Okay, your turn!”

            You grimaced when the cheese touched your tongue. The crumbly and creamy texture was a bit too much for you and you disliked the flavor. What you liked in a cake was fluffiness and sweetness but the cheesecake was a bit too dense.

            “Dae, I can’t. You finish.”

            His face fell and he looked at you. “What’s wrong with it? How can you hate it so much?”

            You pointed at it. “Just, taste it yourself!” He looked dejected as he picked at his cheesecake and you stood. “Let me get you another one so you know that it’s not just this slice that’s defected.”

            You went over to the counter and brought back another slice. He cut into it and looked at it suspiciously. “Why is it dark on the inside?”

            “Dark chocolate,” you answered automatically. You covered your mouth to hide your grin as he bit into it. His eyes bulged and he gagged. “What the heck is this stuff?”

            You smiled angelically at him. “Cheesecake.”

            “You did something to it!” He pointed a finger at you wildly. “This tastes disgusting. What did you put? Are you poisoning me?”

            You went over to your oh-so dramatic boyfriend and clapped his back. “Just a little bit of squid ink.”

            He choked and stared at you. “Why would you do that?” His mouth was agape and you noticed a little bit of staining on his teeth. You doubled over in laughter and kissed him, hearing applause from the baker, of whom you had been in cahoots with.

            “Just a little something something to show you that cheesecake isn’t good.”

            Daehyun wiped his mouth and scowled, not willing to forgive you so easily. “I swear if this stains my teeth, I will kill you and then break up with you.”

            You stuck out your tongue and took a bite of the wasabi cake. “Love you too.”

 

I'm going to rant a little.

I want everyone to remember that the majority (if not all) of these stories are requested. The plots, for the most part, are asked for and if there's anything that's my outside experiment, I will tell you.

That said, I understand that certain topics may be more sensitive and people will feel uncomfortable. But that will not stop me from writing them.

When I started this, I made it my own mission, and call it lofty or whatever, to be like B.A.P, to be able to spread messages and open eyes. I am going to write about things that is normally taboo like murder, suicide, insanity, etc. And I refuse to, and am not, romanticizing anything. Just because I write about these atrocities does not mean I think it's okay.

The reason why I write it in so explicit a way is to show that no it is actually NOT okay. I hope this clears up a bit because apparently the last Himchan story was touchy. I've written stuff like this before so I don't get why I'm getting crap about it now.

And yes, I'm annoyed. I've lost followers on tumblr over this, and have to deal with messages from people who won't let me know who they are. So. If you're going to continue to get offended, I'll just stop writing or I'm going to stick with the cliched, happy, all fluff every day stories. And we all know you don't want that. I don't either.