Yongguk 97

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Kyuri tilted her head to the side as she stared at the advertisement in awe. It was summer and her brother was away at camp and she was bored. “Daddy!” she called out. There was a silence and she pouted. “Daddy!” she tried again. She threw her head back and shouted for her father again at the top of her lungs.

 

            “Yeah? Coming!” This time she heard the thundering of his footsteps down the stairs. Her father came into view and she ran to him. “Daddy, can we go to the amusement park?” She blinked her eyes and tugged on the hem of his shirt.

 

            “Uh,” Yongguk seemed hesitant and she leaned into him and turned her large eyes towards him. From her few years of experience, she knew that all she had to do was use the big eyes her mother had graced her with and all things Yongguk were at her feet.

 

            He chuckled and picked her up in his arms. “I see what the little princess is trying to do.” He was smiling as he did so and she tried to look as confused as possible. “How about we go get mommy and we can go together?”

 

            opened, wanting to protest. She had wanted to just spend the day with her dad but she was okay with sharing with her mom too. “Okay!” Kyuri let go of him to run up the stairs. She pushed open the door to her parents’ room and peered in. “Mommy!”

 

            Her mom wasn’t in there and she walked in to see that she was showering. At this time of day? Kyuri knocked on the door and banged her small fists against the wood. “Mommy! Hurry up!”

 

            The doors opened and she saw her mom look out. “Yeah, hon?”

 

            “Daddy says we’re going to the amusement park!”

 

            Her mom coughed and glared over her shoulder where her father had just joined them. “Well daddy can be the one to go on all the rides.”

 

            The three of them piled into the car and the entire time Kyuri was rattling off the rides she “absolutely, desperately had to try” or else she would just die. When they arrived, Yongguk held her hand and she bounced in, happy to smell the popcorn and cotton candy and all things amusement park related.

 

            She was smart, learning from her brother, and she knew to avoid the super long lines because that only cut time from the entire day. She pointed at the bumper cars. “Daddy! That one!”

 

            Yongguk cringed. All that shouting and bumping was enough to give him a headache and a feeling of a concussion. But his wife pushed him. “You go, I go.”

 

            They got on line and when it was their turn, Kyuri climbed into a hot pink car. Yongguk followed behind her and started driving. He was careful to avoid the other kids but they had no such courtesy for him. They shouted with abandon and bumped into him, pushing him into the messy traffic. He saw other parents with him, looking as uncomfortable and then a particularly loud bump from his side. He turned to see the rude child but saw his wife.

 

            She was smiling impishly at him. “Lighten up! Hit some kids; it’s the only chance you can do so without getting in trouble. Go for it, and let’s try to teach Kyuri a lesson. Never underestimate her parents.”

 

            The two of them tore off, in a conspiracy together as they searched for their daughter in her very conspicuous car. They found her zooming around other people, yelling out random words and angry phrases when someone knocked into her particularly forcefully. Yongguk maneuvered his car behind Kyuri and propelled forward, hitting her.

 

            His daughter let out a scream and she turned and when she saw her father laughing, she pouted. “Daddy!” Kyuri turned her steering wheel so that she was moving backwards and she hit Yongguk. He went flying and bumped into various cars coming his way. When the cycle came to an end, Yongguk stumbled out of the car and shook his head as he tried to catch his breath.

 

            Kyuri ran towards Yongguk. “Daddy! You didn’t even hit me back!” He doubled over and wheezed as his wife lovingly pounded him on the back.

 

            “Getting too old for this?”

 

            He straightened and flashed her a grin. “Never.”

 

            They rode the smallest roller coaster next and even though Kyuri was scared, she kept one hand on the bar, and another hand on Yongguk’s as she gripped his hands tightly. “Open up your eyes,” he told her as they went down a particularly steep slope. She was shaking her head and trying not to scream. This time, it was the girl who stumbled as they got off.

 

            “Mommy, I’m hungry.”

 

            Yongguk took her hand and led her to the food stand and she picked out a turkey sandwich and orange juice. She swung her legs and watched her father as he carefully squeezed the ketchup onto the bread. He picked it up and brought it to . Her mom tsked at the obvious spoiling of their child, but Kyuri opened wide and took a bite.

 

            Their last ride of the day was the haunted house ride and Kyuri tried to be brave. She whimpered as the lights turned off and squeezed herself between her parents, grateful that they allowed three people in a row. When the fog started, she used Yongguk’s sleeve to hide her face. Her father chuckled and that was when the screaming started.

 

            There was an eerie wail and Kyuri started to scream when ghosts popped out of nowhere. There was blood on the walls, strategically lighted when they passed and she was grateful to feel her father’s hands gripping hers. When the ride was over, Yongguk swung her in his arms and hummed in her ear. “Baby, it’s okay now.”

 

            Kyuri sniffled and reached out for her mom as well, grateful to have the two people she loved most by her side after the experience. When her sobs subsided, she started to talk about the rest of the rides, three of which were actually fun and didn’t scare her.

 

            After they tucked her in to bed, Yongguk pushed his wife towards their room. While she was removing her makeup, he collapsed onto the bed. “That. Was. Exhausting,” he huffed.

 

            She didn’t even bat an eyelash. “You signed up for it.”

 

            He sighed and rolled onto his back. “Yeah. I’m just happy Yongwon’s away at camp. Otherwise it would be twice the trouble.”

 

            His wife rolled her head backwards and smiled almost evilly. “Then I guess you don’t want to hear the news I have for you.”

 

            One eye opened and he almost stopped breathing. “Don’t tell me.”

 

            “I warned you I wasn’t going back on the pill.”

 

            Yongguk flopped back again and nodded slowly. “Sounds good. Sounds good. I always said I loved kids, didn’t I?”

 

            She walked over to him and sat on his stomach. “I don’t know, do you?”

 

            He nodded and slowly hugged her to him. “I do. I do.” But he said it with a hint of slight despair. She laughed and kissed his cheek.

 

            “Silly Gukkie.”

 

 

this is for -boundless

I changed the picture because I'm sure I've used it before 

I hope you enjoy dear ♥