Jongup 72

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Hyung, which pokemon do you like best?” Zelo and Jongup were in their hotel room. Both had showered, and were lounging around before they prepared to sleep. Jongup thought a bit.

            “I don’t really have a select favorite, but Giratina? Or some of the starter ones. I don’t know. I think I sort of look like Charmander, don’t you think?” Jongup struck a pose that was reminiscent of the fire lizard.

            Zelo laughed and grabbed his iPad. He seemed to be checking up on something and then looked at Jongup. “I think you look more like a bird type.”

            Jongup rummaged in his suitcase and pulled out a bird hat. He placed it on his head. Jongup turned to Zelo and started to make a funny face. “Caw, caw! I’m the Jong-bird!” He flapped his arms and moved his head back and forth, imitating a bird in flight.

            Zelo burst into laughter and put down the iPad. “I think I just recorded that for the perfect blackmail video.”

            Jongup laughed and launched himself at Zelo. “Grr, no you don’t!”

            The two boys rolled around on the bed, laughing when there was suddenly a really loud beeping. Jongup sat up. “What’s that?”

            Zelo was fumbling with his electronic device and he coughed. “Uh, I think we have to go to the living room. Yongguk-Hyung just messaged me. There’s an urgent matter.”

            Jongup looked confused. “It’s way past midnight. What could have possibly happened?”

            Zelo shrugged. When the two boys got to the living room, the lights were off. Jongup hit the wall, trying to find the light switch. There was a sudden deep voice and they both jumped when light flooded the room. “Ah, sorry,” Yongguk smiled a little. “Can you two go out and buy come of the fried chicken? We’re hungry and food service isn’t appealing.”

            The two maknaes looked at one another, and knowing they had no choice, walked down. Before leaving, Jongup called out, “Hyung, where is the store?”

            “Uh, a couple blocks down. Bring your iPad so you can look it up!”

            The two of them walked into the cold outdoors and shivered. “Well,” Jongup commented dryly. “I guess chicken beats sleep any day.”

            Zelo nodded and looked at the map he had pulled up on the screen. “Oh, look! The only chicken store is five blocks away but it’s open twenty-four seven. So let’s go!” The two boys zipped up their coats and braved out further.

            The chicken took a while to order and Jongup noticed Zelo constantly glancing at his iPad. “Secret girlfriend we don’t know about?” He teased. When he tried to peer at the screen, Zelo immediately turned the screen off.

            “Ah no. Just playing a game.”

            Jongup raised is eyebrow. “Mhm, what game is this?”

            Zelo scratched the back of his neck. “Candy Crush?” He smiled a little and then motioned at his iPad. “Oh and Himchan-Hyung says that he’s craving some bubble tea. Should we go get?”

            “Awful poor timing to have such cravings at this time of night, isn’t it? I guess we have no choice. Bu we’ll burn the calories off tomorrow anyway.”

            The younger boy nudged Jongup, grinning. “Hyung, when did you ever concern yourself with calories?”

            The chicken came out and they paid for it. Zelo tapped away. “We can find a bubble tea place around three blocks further down.”

            “Is it open at this time?”

            “Yeah! Apparently these places are all open all day. I guess they understand late night hunger.”

            By the time all the food was obtained, it had been nearly an hour since the boys have left. They climbed the stairs back to their hotel suite and Zelo fumbled with the key. There was another loud beep from his iPad and he turned to Jongup.

            “Ah, uh, Hyung! You’re still wearing your bird hat!”

            Jongup slowly raised one free hand to his head and his mouth dropped open. “How did you let me out in public like this?”

            Zelo grinned. “I need to take a picture to commemorate this beautiful moment!” He placed the chicken on the floor.

            “Can’t we go in first?”

            “No! It has to be in this hallway so that way it’s proof you went out in it.” Jongup resigned and lifted the bubble tea and chicken, posing in a funny manner. Just when the lights flashed, there came two beeps from Zelo’s iPad and he smiled. “Okay. Now we can go in.”

            Jongup stared at him suspiciously as the taller boy inserted the card key and walked in. There was a loud boom and then Jongup heard Daehyun sing. “Happy birthday to you!”

            He stared at them, at the elaborate setup the hyungs had done when they were out. Himchan walked in and grabbed his hand. “Come here Mr. Woodpecker Angry Bird, it’s finally your birthday. Did you bring the chicken? Don’t go around eating one of your kind now.”

            Jongup stared at all five of them and smiled. “Thanks so much. I had completely forgotten it was my birthday.”

            Youngjae pinched his cheeks. “We know. Otherwise all this poor planning would have been extremely suspicious.”

 

late and not really well written but happy birthday, Jongup ♥ 

Thank you for working so hard and for always keeping a smile on your face. Thank you so much for being precious and for winning me over.