Yongguk 62

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You knew before it died that the car was going to die. And so when the engine sputtered and the car screeched to a halt, you were shocked to hear the vehement curses that slipped from your mouth. You slammed on the accelerator before releasing it quickly. It would be your luck that the car decides to work then and smash you into the wall.

            You got out of the car and glared at it. “You’re so useless!” you screamed, kicking it because you were plain frustrated and you were so done with this metal hunk of trash.

            You stood in front of the car and contemplated calling your dad to come get you. It was he, after all, who had insisted you drove this one to work. You sighed and looked around. There was a God. Right in front of you was a car repair shop.

            You walked in cautiously, wrinkling your nose slightly at the smell of grease and exhaust. How did people work here? You peered at the counter. The store was empty. “Hello? Is there anyone in here?”

            There was suddenly metal clanking and you looked up. A car was being lowered from where it must have been suspended. You took a cautious step backwards and the car landed with a heavy thud in front of you. Ooookay.

            A figure walked out from behind it and he stood in front of the car and held out a hand. “Bang Yongguk at your service. How may I help you, miss?”

            You stared at him. Weren’t guys who worked at car shops supposed to be greasy and dirty and uncouth? But the person in front of you was neat, well dressed and polite. He tentatively waved a hand in your face. “Miss? I repair cars, not people. If you like, there’s a hospital down the street.”

            You knew he was joking and smiled at him. He gave you a wide one right back. You liked his smile. He brought his hand down and you realized you haven’t even shaken it. Feeling foolish, you shuffled a little nervously. “I, my car broke down outside.”

            “Oh no. Are you going someplace important?”

            “Just work.”

            He wrinkled his nose. “I’ve had clients who were in a rush to go to weddings and once, even on the run from the police. Yours is quite the more normal story.”

            You struggled to keep up with his large strides as you followed him out the shop. You didn’t know why he was so talkative but you liked listening to his voice. He came out to your car and knelt down in front of it. You stared at him weirdly.

            “Old car, if I had known you were a vintage, I would have come out with an entire entourage.” He turned to you, his eyes alight. “You never told me you had a Buick 350 4v. This is an amazing car. Back in its day, it was known for aggressive speed and power.”

            “Yeah, well now, it’s known for being aggressively slow and powerlessly not functioning.”

            He looked over at you and raised his eyebrows. He gave you a brief nod. “I appreciate your humor.” He popped open the car’s hood and it immediately started smoking. Yongguk, you believed his name was, leaned back and started coughing.

            “Well, someone’s got emphysema.” He said dryly. He waited for the smoke to clear and leaned forward cautiously. He reached into his pockets and took out a wrench. You watched him open different caps and examine bolts. You noticed the rings he wore on his fingers. How were his hands so clean?

            You watched him, completely fascinated. Yongguk gave you an almost apologetic smile before dropping to the floor. “What are you-”

            He was underneath the car. You stared at him. How could he fit? He was working outside his shop with only the few tools he brought along. Why didn’t he take the car in to use the ramp? You heard tinkling and then a grunt as he slowly slid back out.

            “Well, looks like your engine is leaking. I wouldn’t drive this anymore if I were you.”

            “I told my dad that I couldn’t drive it but he insisted.”

            Yongguk wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. “Well, I’ll have to thank your dad.”

            “For what? Almost killing me with this damaged car?”

            He flashed you teeth. “For somehow letting me meet you. I like your sense of humor. It’s refreshing. Most of my customers come in in total panic.”

            You blushed but wanted to play it cool. You leaned against the door. “I just don’t have a desire to go to work.”

            Yongguk bit his lip in almost a shy manner. “My shift is almost over. Do you want to prolong this evasion to go to work by going out to lunch with me?”

            You had to turn to face the car so he couldn’t see the wide smile that spread across your face. “I should ask my dad.”

            He grinned at you. “I think just the fact that his car died on you in front of my store is permission enough.” 

 

Oh my gosh. The feedback for yesterday's story... insane.

I am super grateful. I'm afraid that was a once in a lifetime thing. I will try to continue to bring something similar and to put my little twist into everything as much as possible. Thank you guys for everything. 

This is for BabyB2utyC92