Jongup 70

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You had a plan, albeit a devious one, one that was devised towards an innocent person, but when one was desperate, the ends definitely justified the means. And it was because of this plan that you were walking down the sidewalk to the nearby park. You knew he would be there. You knew it because he was always there, practicing his dancing until the sun went down. Who was he?

            He was a classmate since you were young. Your first memory of him was of him spilling a juice box over himself and rather than crying as most kids did then, laughed about it and went to ask the teacher for tissues to clean it up. That started the long thirteen year tenure of your never dimming crush on him.

            His name was Moon Jongup and when he smiled, he made everyone else do too. When he laughed, he made your heart flutter and when he was being precious, well that is indescribable. You peered through the linked gates and saw him there, as you thought. You took a deep breath and walked in.

            “Hey, Jongup?” you were an aspiring actress, telling elaborate stories and looking sad while doing so was your specialty.

            He startled but smiled good-naturedly. Be still your rapidly beating heart. “Hey, how are you?” He went to turn off his music and focused his entire attention on you. Number one indication of a good boyfriend. Er, potential boyfriend.

            “I lost my puppy.” You made your voice quiet and you looked at him, very upset.

            “Oh no! How does he look like? What’s his name?”

            “Jongie. He’s a baby husky hybrid. He has a gray patch right on his forehead. I was holding him and walking him around when he jumped from my arms.”

            Jongup looked concerned and he grabbed a towel as he dried his hair. “When did you lose him?”

            “I just did. We were walking towards the park.”

            He looked at you. “Did he… not have a leash?” He asked the question delicately, as if afraid it would offend you. Consideration, number two sign of the perfect boy.

            “I never let him walk by himself. He has a bit of a limp and I don’t want him to injure it until it’s healed.”

            He nodded. “That’s true. When I hurt my foot, my teacher wouldn’t let me dance until it healed. You’re smart. Well, want me to help you search with you?”

            Success. You looked at him and blinked. “Would you? I know you have a competition and you need to make up for the lost time when you hurt yourself.”

            “Of course. I always have time to help a damsel in distress.” You swooned on the inside. A sweet talker who manages to woo without sounding greasy? Jongup was perfection.

            “Thanks.” The two of you walked down the streets calling out your dog’s name.

            “Jongie? Come back! Your mommy’s really sad you ran away!” Jongup whistled and called out in a singsong voice. “Jongie, do you want a treat? Jonguppie-Hyung will treat you! Come back so your mommy can smile. She has a pretty smile.”

            You nearly tripped on the sidewalk. How could such a person exist? You glanced at Jongup, who was not looking at you, but still earnestly calling out.

            “Jongie!” you called, clapping your hands. “You can’t run very far or else you’ll hurt yourself again!”

            Jongup looked panicked. “I forgot! He’s hurt. Maybe he’s not running but hiding somewhere. If he hurt himself, he can’t possibly have run away. Let’s go back to where you came from.”

            You led him down the way to your house. When you passed by a pile of boxes, Jongup got on his knees and called out, “Jongie puppy, are you hiding here?”

            You bent down with him to peer around. “Jongie?”

            When he stood to tell you that he wasn’t there, Jongup accidently bumped heads with you. “Ouch,” you let out and he held your arm. He gently rubbed your forehead.

            “I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize you were right behind me.”

            You shook your head, your arm tingling and your forehead burning from his touch. “Oh that’s okay. You’re the one who’s helping me find my dog.”

            The two of you walked up and down, calling out Jongie’s name. When it got dark, your phone rang. You looked at him. “Oh, looks like my mom found him. The mischievous puppy went home without our ever knowing.”

            Jongup laughed out loud. “Bad puppy.” He laughed and held out his arms. You stared at him dumbly and he twitched his head to the side. “Hug?”

            You slowly stepped into his embrace and he squeezed you. “See you at school then.” Jongup waved to you and you stood where you were and stared after him. Spending two hours searching for something that never existed was so worth it because you found something that was even better.

            Jongup, Jongpuppy, you mused to yourself. Jongie. You held your arms around yourself, hugging yourself tightly and sighing. Guess you did find your puppy after all.

 

this is for MusicChibi

PUPPY FEELS

sorry if the girl seemed creepy, she's just.... taking charge? LOL