Yongguk 92

B.A.P. Oneshots II

BYG (19:34:06): Hey, are you busy right now?

Baby (19:46:45): Oh hi. Yep. Good luck with your show tomorrow.

BYG (19: 47:01): Do you have school?
Baby (19:59:34): Yes. You’re halfway around the world right now but in Korea, we’re getting ready for morning.

            And after that, she disappeared off the face of the earth, or rather, the face of the internet. Yongguk sighed and pushed his chair back. Having a girlfriend was hard work sometimes, especially when one was an idol. He tapped his keyboard aimlessly and Himchan glanced over.

            “What’s up? You should be sleeping soon. We have a big day tomorrow.”

            Yongguk nodded. “You’re right. Good night.” He took his toothbrush to the bathroom to brush his teeth and went to bed. But it was difficult to fall asleep when he was preoccupied by the thoughts that haunted him. Was it possible that she was tired of him? But that didn’t seem really realistic. He sighed. Maybe she was just busy. That was it.

            After the concert, Yongguk collapsed on the bed and wanted to sleep. But he decided to log on to see if she had messaged him anything. Nothing. He felt a twinge of disappointment. In Korea, and even in other concerts, she always made sure to leave him something for him to come back to. This time there was no blinking notification of an unread message.

            He turned to Himchan. “Hey, do you think ____’s busy?”

            Himchan nodded. “Of course. She has a large exam coming up. Why? Is she not answering you?” When Yongguk nodded, Himchan laughed a little. “Don’t worry too much. You’re the coolest person when it comes to girls, and now you’re going crazy, trying to see if she answered or not. Don’t worry. She will once she’s free.”

            But they moved from one concert to another, hopping countries after a few days and she never messaged him. It was times like this that Yongguk wished he had a phone. He decided to borrow someone’s and call her. But he decided against it. She would be busy;. If she had time, she would be online.

            He casually walked by and saw Youngjae was signed on. He saw a familiar icon on his chatbox and pointed at it. “Have you been talking to her?”

            Youngjae looked up and nodded. “Yep, she was asking me about some of her math. Noona thinks I’m some sort of a genius but I’m just here looking up the methods to explain to her.”

            “Oh. Is she really busy?”

            Youngjae nodded. “Yeah.” And so Yongguk dropped it. He decided he was going to be the encouraging boyfriend and send her small messages, happy pictures to make her smile and keep her motivated. He knew she saw it by the indication but there was no response. He sighed. Alright. Maybe she didn’t really see it.

BYG (21:30:05): Hey. How was your test?

BYG (21:12:34): Just wanted to check up on you. But if you’re busy, that’s alright. Talk to you later.

            But when he passed by Himchan, he saw that his best friend was very actively messaging his girlfriend. Yongguk peered over and Himchan quickly and not so causally changed window tabs. “Yongguk,” he called, pretending that he hadn’t noticed the man right next to him. “Can you come- oh! You were right here. Didn’t see you. Look at this. Do you think this headband works for the concert?”

            Yongguk was still pondering over what he had seen. “Why is she responding to you and not me?”

            Himchan looked slightly sheepish. “I don’t honestly know. I can ask her if you like, to see if she’s mad at you?”

            He was tempted but Yongguk shook his head. “It’s alright. I’ll figure it out. I just don’t really get it. But it’s okay. We should get to sleeping. We have two more concerts and then we’ll be done. Let’s get through this!”

            But it did bother Yongguk. The idea that she was drifting away made him sad and nagged at him all day long. When they were practicing, he didn’t pay as much attention as he normally did and was scolded, a first. The other members exchanged uneasy looks and it was Zelo who was sent to cheer him up.

            “Hyung, come on! Think about it, tomorrow we’ll be done, and then we can see the results of all our hard work. One more day!” And he did some tricks that he knew normally made the leader laugh. Yongguk gave an accommodating smile but that was all.

            There was a slightly tense atmosphere for the second day. Yongguk had stayed up all night, mulling over this and Himchan walked to him. “Snap out of it. It’s either going to work or it’s not. Right now, focus first. Job first, then the girlfriend. You should talk to her. Communication is key.”

            By now, Yongguk had reached a level of cynicism he had no idea he possessed. “If she’ll answer, sure.”

            The concert, thankfully, went by without a hitch and it was when they got off the stage and prepared to pack that the lights dimmed. The other members stopped in surprise and there was a loud blasting and the lights shot on.

            “Surprise!” Yongguk’s girlfriend came running and hurled herself at him. “Sorry, not sorry for making you worry.” She kissed his cheek. “Just wanted to surprise you a bit today.”

            He looked at her and felt the tears coming. He rolled his eyes and looked at the ceiling. When he spoke again, his voice was deeper than normal. “Ah, you’re not funny.” He looked and saw the other members laughing and pointed a finger at them. “You guys were all in on it!”

            Himchan gave him his best innocent face and shrugged. “What can I say? She wanted it to be a surprise, can’t exactly ruin her fun.”

 

this is for rukiass

this new formatting for AFF man i can't deal