Himchan 68

B.A.P. Oneshots II

H stands for Himchan and getting hitched.

Oh, and happy birthday too.

            Himchan adjusted his bowtie and stared at himself critically in the mirror. He looked pretty good, he had to admit. Not bad for someone who barely slept out of nervousness. He pumped some gel into his palm and gently ran it over his hair. He laid down some of the cowlicks and parted it slightly to the right. He stared at the mirror and found different angles where his jaw appeared sharper and smirked. Not bad for meeting one’s bride.

            “Hyung, are you all ready?” Daehyun pushed open the door. The younger boy only had on a half buttoned dress shirt and sweats.

            “The better question is are you ready?”

            He smiled sheepishly and backed out again. “Yeah, the baby kept me up all night and I basically had to force myself out of bed. But you’re the lead actor. You definitely cannot be late.”

            Himchan laughed and clapped Daehyun on the back. “Alright, guess I’ll forgive you. But make sure that everything else, for after, is ready too.” Daehyun saluted him.

            “Not a problem. This will be a wedding to remember.”

            Himchan bounced nervously, trying to breathe. He had met his soul mate a little later than the others but she was all worth it. He moved down the hallway and ran into Yongguk who was juggling boxes and a clingy child by his legs. “Hey, help a servant out?”

            Himchan shook his head and bent to pick up his godson instead. “Sorry, peasant. Today’s my day.” His best friend rolled his eyes but laughed in good humor.

            “Only because we’re all so happy to see you finally married, I won’t say a word.”

            Swinging a happy Yongwon in his arms, Himchan made for the living room where all the other men were gathered. By now Daehyun had dressed and everyone was ready. Himchan walked amidst their congratulations, trying to stop the giant smile from stretching all the way across his face.

            His father clasped his hands. “Make me proud, son.”

            It took forever for the ceremony to begin and by then, Himchan had pins in his feet. He closed his eyes until he heard the chords strike and looked up. In the distance, a white dot was coming his way. His heart beat faster and he craned his neck.

            She was breathtaking and everyone clapped as she neared. Her cheeks were radiant. She smiled shyly at everyone cheering but the moment their eyes met, her lips spread further. Himchan’s heart thumped in his chest and he stepped forward to meet her. Her father released his grip on her arm and she took her place next to him.

            After the vows, the two of them led the way out of the venue and to a red carpet that led to the end of the docks. As they walked, the breeze showered them with sea spray and she kissed his cheeks to the delight of the onlookers. “Good going Himchan. Thanks for choosing a cruise for our reception.”

            He smirked. “I heard a good-looking guy on a boat is very attractive.”

            She stared at him for a good ten seconds before realizing that everyone was watching. Then she surreptitiously pinched the inside of his arm. “Not even ten minutes into married life and you’re already being greasy as hell,” she muttered.

Himchan stared at the setting sun. Of course he had to get carried away by his fantasies. She wasn’t as gentle as she appear to be, all dressed in white. Her true self still shines through. When they boarded the ship, she reached into her bag and slipped on a pair of sunglasses on his face.

            “There,” she said, smiling. “You look perfect.”

            He reached around and touched her waist. “I look perfect when you’re next to me.”

            It was late at night when the cake was brought out. Along with the traditional wedding cake was also another larger cake. This one was filled with fruits and had layers upon layers of pudding and different flavors. She turned to look at him and he smiled.

            Himchan cut a piece of the wedding cake and dipped his finger into the icing. She squeezed her eyes together as he dabbed a massive mound on her nose. She opened and gamely tried to take in as much of the slice as possible. When it was his turn, she made sure she took revenge by cutting a gigantic piece. He prayed for Daehyun’s eating powers and managed to stuff everything in his mouth.

            The moment the cake was served, everyone burst into the birthday song and Himchan grabbed his newlywed wife and carried her in his arms, twirling her as everyone sang. When the clapping died down, he maneuvered her in his arms and kissed her, causing the cheering to rise again.

            “Happy birthday to you,” he whispered and she pecked his cheek.

            “You’re the very best.”

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JEWELL UNNIE♥

Thank you for always watching out for me, and for being my rock while everything seemed to be going to shambles.

I hope you rememeber the little throwback to my drabble collection last year ^^

I love you, and I hope you have an amazing birthday and a great holiday season too.

To the most amazing author on AFF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)