Youngjae 63

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “And he was just standing outside, waiting with two boxes in his hands. I really didn’t know how to react. He looked so pathetic and when I opened the door, you could see him deflate. I swear, he probably thought it would be my father or something. He stammered an apology and then dropped on his knees, offering the cake as a peace offering. I couldn’t say no.” Youngjae looked at his best friend’s wife and shook his head.

            “Hey, it’s my daughter’s first birthday party and you’re recalling your own birthday?”

            She wrinkled her nose. “Well the princess isn’t here and the guests are bored. I might as well use this time to teach any potential boyfriends a lesson and not to end up like Daehyun. Not every girl would be as lenient as I was, forgiving him for forgetting something so important.”

            The friends gathered tittered and Daehyun’s cheeks flamed. “Hey! I still got to celebrate your birthday, didn’t I? And jagiya, you can’t say I forgot our anniversary ever. I definitely learned my lesson.” He gave her a large cheesy smile.

            From within the house, there was a happy giggle and everyone’s attention was suddenly diverted. “Oh! The princess is here!”

            Youngjae stood up and walked down the hall to meet his wife. She was holding Minjae in her arms, dressed to the nines in her traditional clothing. The baby was smiling and playing with the silk bow in her hair. He took his daughter from his wife and walked her out to the living room where everyone was waiting.

            They exclaimed over how cute she looked and Daehyun pinched her cheeks. “I want a baby,” he whined and his wife smacked his head.

            “You demand too much. Curb your appetite first and then I’ll think about cooking for another mouth.” Youngjae chuckled and carried his precious bundle out to the car so they could drive to the restaurant.

            The food was already on the table, waiting for the guests to arrive. Youngjae sat at the head, holding on to Minjae. She scrunched her face, unused to all the bustle and noise. He kissed the top of her head. “Shh, baby don’t cry. Daddy’s right here.” She jerked at the sound of her father’s voice and tilted her head back so she could look at him. Youngjae smiled encouragingly at her and held out a spoonful of soup.

            slid over the metal and she smacked her lips a little, giggling when Youngjae squished her cheeks. His wife cut up small pieces of the rice cake and pushed them through her eager mouth.

            “I can hold her so you can eat,” she offered but Youngjae shook his head.

            “I like my princess to be guarded only by me.” She stared at him for a good second before crossing her eyes and sticking out her tongue.

            “Fine by me. I’m hungry.”

            He rocked her back and forth and when the games started, covered her ears whenever the restaurant became too rowdy. The little baby wormed around and he kissed her cheek. “Hold on a little more, and then the spotlight will be all on you,” he whispered.

            She looked at him with large trusting eyes and he patted her back. When it was time for her to choose the items spread out for her, she clapped happily. In front of her, on the mat was a book, a long strand of pearl, a money bag, a microphone and a bowl of food.

            “Minjae-ah, choose the food!” It was Daehyun, clapping from the right end, encouraging her to go towards him.

            His wife shook her head and slapped his arm. “You’re still thinking about food.”

            Youngjae wrung his hands in anticipation. “Go for the strand of pearl. You want to live a long happy life, honey.”

            Everyone held their breaths as she crawled forward. Her tongue stuck out and Daehyun groaned when she moved towards the microphone. “You don’t need talent when a full stomach will make you happy!”

            She switched gears and headed towards the long strand of pearl. Youngjae made a victory sign but she changed again and he groaned. “Alright, go for the book, then.”

            She cocked her head, looked up at her parents and reached out with both hands, one for the book and one for the pearl. She grinned at them toothlessly and Youngjae sighed in relief. He turned to his wife and smiled. “Guess our baby girl knows what matters in life.”

 

Halloween party :)