Daehyun 81

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Ya, if you like her so much, why did you have to break it off?” He felt the smack on the back of his head before the voice reached him.

            Daehyun picked his head up from the desk he was sleeping on and frowned. “That was three days ago, why are you bringing it up now?”

            Youngjae pulled up a chair and sat in it. “I saw your depressing message on your blog last night. You miss her. What happened anyway?”

            Daehyun was vague when he answered. “We broke up.”     

            “Wow, Captain Obvious. I don’t think I’ve figured that out yet. But really, why did you end things with her if you still like her?”                      

            He scoffed and hit Youngjae on the head with the back of his rolled up worksheet. “You think like is that simple?” He left the room. But the question nagged at him. If he liked her so much, why couldn’t he just get back together with her?

            He sat on the steps of the school and thought to himself. Everyone had assumed he was the one to end things, but they never considered that it was she who had dropped him instead. There had been no explanation, no cause and she never picked up any of his phone calls. It was frustrating to not go to the same school. He couldn’t see her to ask and he knew that if he dared to visit her, her father and brother would kill him before he stepped foot on the sidewalk.

            He scratched his head in annoyance. Girls were way too complicated. He looked up from his misery and saw her walk right by him. Daehyun got to his feet. “Hey!” He called out but she didn’t turn around once.

            Daehyun sighed and walked up to her. She turned her head away and he stood in front of her. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            Her eyebrows rose a little and she shrugged. “If you don’t even know, I guess there’s no point in telling you. Get out of my way.”

            He refused to budge. “You know in every relationship, communication is key. If you won’t talk to me, then there’s nothing I can do. If you won’t respond, then you can’t get angry at me for not doing something correctly. What do you want? What did I do wrong?”

            She bit her lip and pouted. “You’re such a typical guy! Of course you wouldn’t remember. You guys never remember anything. I don’t even know why I bothered expecting anything from you. Oh wait, maybe it’s because I’ve subtly been dropping hints for the past week and you’re too dense to pick up on them!”

            He held up his arms in a sign of surrender. “Okay, give me a hint?”

            She scowled. “No. Figure it out yourself.”

            The answer hit him like a lightning bolt that night. All those hints about a cake, and potentially going on a date, on that one specific day, hit him. Daehyun wanted to hit himself over the head. He glanced at his watch. He couldn’t wait another night. It would be like letting a wound fester. If he really wanted to make it up to her, he had to do it now.

            Daehyun called Himchan because he would be the only one who could help him. His hyung picked up unwillingly. “Hyung! Help me bake a cake please.”

            “Are your cravings hitting you this late at night? You have got to be kidding me. What are you, a five month pregnant lady?”

            “Ya, just let me come over please? I need to bake her a cake. I forget it’s her birthday,” he mumbled the last part quietly and heard Himchan guffaw.

            “Was that why you broke up?”

            “I guess. Let me go fix it please.”

            “And this can’t wait until tomorrow?”

            “Hyung!”

            There was a silence and then a chuckle. “This kid. You really like her don’t you? Alright, our doors are open but if Yongguk asks, you snuck into the house.”

            Daehyun did a fist pump and made a kissing noise over the phone. “You just saved my life.”

            Himchan made a noise of disgust. “Save that for the lady, my friend.”

            Daehyun followed Himchan’s instructions, and let Himchan make the majority of the cake as he cleaned up the cake batter with his mouth. When the cake was finished, he waited another hour for it to cool. Daehyun hurriedly stitched a stuffed toy for her, happy that he had started on a gift for Christmas.

            He pricked himself several times and even though some of the stitching looks a little crooked and there were maybe one or two gaping holes, Daehyun was satisfied. It was the thought that counted, wasn’t it?

            He spread the icing on himself and then packaged the gifts nicely. “Thanks, Himchan-Hyung.” Then he was out the door.

            In front of her house, Daehyun rolled his shoulders and took a deep breath. The lights were still on and he prayed she would be the one getting the door. He carefully pressed the doorbell and waited for fate.

 

honestly, I think I've rewatched so many parts of Reply 1997 so many times

how am I supposed to ever watch In Guk in anything else, I love him with Eunji too much?

T____T this is why I don't watch dramas...