Zelo 55

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Ah, Harry! Please save me! I can’t get my wand!” You looked up from the script and scowled. “Ugh, that was so lame. Why do we have to do a play on “Harry Potter,” anyway? And why do I have to be Cho Chang? She’s so useless.”

            Zelo grinned at you. “Because it was your idea to read the series to the kids and now they want to see a real life enactment of Hogwarts.”

            “Can’t they just be satisfied with the movie? This actually makes us have to write our own script.” You turned to your other fellow volunteer. “Really, Jongup? You couldn’t have been more creative and gave me a better role than a damsel in distress?”     

            It was your first day on the job and you were into putting on an impromptu show with the other volunteers at the childcare. You liked Jongup immediately but Zelo was your favorite. He had been shy at the beginning but quickly opened up to you. Three hours later, the two of you were teasing one another as if you’ve known each other forever.

            He looked at where he was reading his lines. “I think you make a great lady in need. Come on, the kids want to see me slay a dragon and fight dementors.”

            You glared at him. “Well, you should be a dementor considering how you’re the happiness out of me by making me do this.”

            Zelo put his hands up. “Hey, don’t blame me. Blame the scriptwriter.” But Jongup was already signaling for the two of you to move on.

            You looked down at the script. “Harry! There’s a dementor behind you!” Zelo was in front of you protectively, slashing his wand at the makeshift dragon before spinning around and executing a perfect Patronus. “Expecto Patronum!”

            The dementor, played by Youngjae, stumbled backwards and vanished off stage. The dragon was still rearing its head and Zelo pointed his wand into the sky. “Accio Firebolt!” Jongup tossed him a broomstick and he got on it and pretended to weave in front of the dragon. He sent a jinx straight into the creature’s eye and it reared back, growling angrily.

            Zelo flourished his wand again and sent another hex and the dragon flopped onto its back and let out a pitiful dying moan. Then came the infamous Voldemort scene. Himchan walked out and said his monologue. You looked up.

            “Jongup, you really just stuck me in there for the heck of it, didn’t you? Really, all I say is ‘Harry, help me?’ That’s so lame.” He frowned.

            “You were a last minute addition. I’m sorry if you’re displeased. Now hush. Besides, I think it’s cute that Zelo gets to save you.” You sighed and cowered behind Zelo as the two of them had their final faceoff.

You turned the page. That was it for the play. “Is that all?” you asked and you saw sly looks being exchanged. You decided to ask Yongguk; he wouldn’t lie to you. “Are you guys planning something?”

            He shrugged. “Don’t ask me; I’m just the dragon head.” You groaned and decided that if there was anything else, you would just have to wing it.

            The final jinx came and you watched Himchan flop to the ground. The kids cheered and then the lights went out. There was a hush as they all anticipated what was going on. You were just as lost. Then you saw candles and wondered whose birthday it was.

            “Happy Birthday, Zelo!” the other volunteers sang and you cheered, clapping your hands. It was good fortune that you would meet on his birthday. Zelo’s face turned red and he started to tear as cries of “Hyung!” and “Oppa!” came from the kids. They had gotten up from their seats and ran to hug him.

            You watched him surrounded by kids and he looked up at you. When your eyes met, he blushed. Himchan walked out and gently took the kids away. “Come on, let’s watch him blow out the candles and make a wish.” Then he leaned in to whisper something you didn’t catch and the kids shouted happily.

            Zelo closed his eyes and blew out the candles. The lights at the exact moment and Yongguk smeared frosting on his nose. Then Daehyun pushed you forward. “Do you want to watch Zelo kiss the new noona?”

            The kids screamed, “Kiss! Kiss!” And you knew that was what Himchan had told them to do. You narrowed your eyes at your new coworkers. You’ve only met for one day and already they were matchmaking.

            Jongup pulled Zelo forward and the tall boy blushed. “Can’t disappoint the kids now, can we?” he mumbled shyly and you turned bright red. “Kiss! Kiss!” was still being chanted and he awkwardly placed his arm around your waist.

            He bent his head and kissed you softly on the lips before moving away, his ears rapidly turning a lovely shade of crimson. Everyone cheered happily and you impulsively reached for the cake and smeared icing on his lips and leaning in to kiss him again.

            “Happy birthday.”

 

this is for minthe

gah baby Zelo ajdghad