Yongguk 81

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You shut your eyes against the pain and tried to breathe in the way the doctors have been telling you to. You knew labor would be painful, and so you were steeling yourself for it. You just wish your husband could be here to help you. You needed his support but he was also busy. You looked at the large bump that was your stomach and unborn child and grimaced.

            “You’re lucky we already love you or else I’m going to really regret suffering so much.”

            The passing nurse heard and gave you a funny look. “Honey, you should never say that. You’re going to really love your baby and it will bring you joy. I know it is a little lonely when your husband’s not here but you should still take care and keep your spirits up. Why isn’t he here, by the way?”

            You contemplated telling her but she seemed friendly and it really was no large secret. You made a small shrug with your shoulders. “He’s in Korea, busy being an idol.”

            The nurse clearly was confused and she pulled up a chair next to you. “To keep you company,” she explained. “Do continue with your story. An idol?”

            You smiled a little. “Yeah, Yongguk is the leader of a rising hip hop group called B.A.P. You may have heard of them.” She nodded slowly.

            “Actually, I may have. I think my niece really likes them.”

            “Well he’s busy doing his schedules since they have a large tour around Asia. Can’t exactly take away from his time and make sure that he’s here.”

            The elder lady patted your hand, reading clearly the slight bitterness that was in your voice. “First child?” You nodded and she smiled. “You’ll be fine. He’ll be very proud of you and who knows, I bet he’ll show up. Men tend to do that. They’re full of surprises.”

            You gently rubbed your stomach and shook your head. “I doubt his company would let him. He’s really busy.”

            She smiled sympathetically. “That’s shame but I know for a fact that you will do fine. Breathe in deeply and when the contractions come, remember to keep breathing. It’ll help relieve the pain. It won’t be long now.”

            You sat back against the bed and breathed again. There had been another deep pain and the nurse stood. “Have you been having the contractions for a while?” You shook your head.

            “They are very minor and just started. The other nurse recommended I walked around a little but I’m scared of tiring myself out.”

            There was suddenly an electronic ping and you reached for your phone. There was a media message from Yongguk. A smile spread across your face and you held out the phone so the nurse could see. “Look! He sent me something.”

            She stood next to you and you pressed the video. There was a little static as he came into view. “Hey, love! I’m sorry I can’t be there next to you and I know that you’ll probably never let me live it down, but I thought this video might bring a smile to your pretty face.”

            The woman next to you nudged you. “He’s very cute.”

            You beamed happily, temporarily forgetting the contractions and continued to watch. “I asked Himchan to film this for me so excuse the bad cinematography. I know you’ll be fine in the next few hours and soon you can send me a response video too of our baby. Please take care of yourself and keep your strength until the time comes.”

            He paused a little and smiled regretfully. “I wish I could be there but since I can’t, I’ll do something so that you can feel my presence.” Yongguk coughed a little nervously and then Youngjae started singing a childhood song. Yongguk danced to it, completely embarrassing himself and you too. He shook his body left and right, making cooing sounds before ending and placing his hands in a V. “Love you! Hwaiting!”

            The video ended and the nurse gave you a look with raised eyebrows. “Definitely very adorable,” she confirmed. You laughed and then let out a tiny groan as your lower back began to pulse from the pain. She propped your legs open and examined you before clucking her tongue. “It’s almost time. I’ll get the doctors.”

            You gripped your sheets and tried to breathe in deeply the way they had instructed. The pain was slowly increasing and you moaned. The pain was becoming more consistent and you smiled wryly. This was going to be all worth it. Too bad Yongguk couldn’t be here.

            There was a noise at the door and you turned, thinking it would be the doctors. But your heart nearly stopped when you saw the actual newcomer. Yongguk was still dressed in his costume as he walked in. He took your hand in his and kissed you. “Hey babe. Did you really think I wasn’t coming?”

            You narrowed your eyes and huffed. “You come now, when I’m dying and about to be ripped open but couldn’t be here earlier to comfort me when I still was a normal human being?”

            He chuckled a little and let you grip his hands. “Here goes. The myth that all beautiful wives become banshees during pregnancies begins.”

            You were caught between a moan and a laugh. “Stop. I think laughing would make the labor increase.”

            Yongguk rolled his eyes. “No silly. It’s the oxytocin.”

            Suddenly there was more noise as the nurse filed back in with the doctor. She looked at you with a surprised look and you smiled. “I guess you were right. He did make it.”

            You took his hand and squeezed it as another contraction came along. You breathed harshly through your nose and tried to remain calm but the pain was too much. What happened after blurred but you know that when you finally calmed and could breathe properly again, Yongguk was holding a bundle in his arms, singing softly to it and walking up and down the room. You smiled. The nurse had been right. Everything turned out fantastically. 

 

double update guys~